A quiz for you to try - new Blood Bowl

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

A quiz for you to try - new Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Just for fun if you are willing to try and do so ... trying thinking as a BRAND NEW PLAYER. Using only the new rulebooks ... answer the following questions (remember using only the rules in the new rulebooks):

1) If I use a player with Frenzy on the ball carrier and my first block pushes him into his end zone, do I get to make the 2nd block against him?

2) Can a player with MA 2 use all 3 squares of movement if they have Pass Block?

3) Can I use Pass Block when a Big Guy is going to throw a Right Stuff player holding the ball?

4) Does Disturbing Presence modify a Hail Mary Pass roll?

5) Do I get to see the results of the first block before I pick the opposing player for the 2nd block when using Multiple Block?

6) Do I have to roll to beat Foul Appearance for the 2nd hit of a Frenzy block?

Reason: ''
Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: A quiz for you to try - new Blood Bowl

Post by lunchmoney »

Oh dear.
I've not read the new rules pdf, but if those sort of questions are going unanswered... :oops:

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Vothriller
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Vothriller »

I think some of these are answered in the FAQ but to be honest I haven't read it carefully yet.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Re:

Vothriller wrote:I think some of these are answered in the FAQ but to be honest I haven't read it carefully yet.
There is an FAQ for the new version?

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
nazgob
Legend
Legend

Post by nazgob »

All but disturbing presence are on the FAQ on the blood bowl website

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Vothriller
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Vothriller »

Yeap, in (under?) the website's downloads.

http://19070-presscdn-0-68.pagely.netdn ... -FAQ-1.pdf

Just checked and all those questions are answered except the multiple block one.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Ah ...thanks for that link ... okay so all answered (including the Disturbing Presence and Multiple Block questions).

But man that link is super buried. It is not even linked from bloodbowl.com.

But glad to see it is somewhere out there and not just completely missing.

I'll put in a request for those 2 pages to make it onto the Death Zone #2.

Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

GalakStarscraper wrote:But man that link is super buried. It is not even linked from bloodbowl.com.
It is linked in the main page, and at the same time, hidden. As in any modern web, it requires extra clicks and stays in non fixed place, ie bling bling simplicity over real simplicity. First you have to scroll down to Downlads, then hit the right side dot (today, in some time it could be the center one) so the items slide and show the FAQ link. If you try the search function of your browser and type FAQ, it "works" by moving down to the right zone, but invisible (browser doesn't activate the dots for you) so maddening.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

To be fair, for a brand new player those are pretty obscure occurrences.

i'm more worried about the cards, they can cause all sorts of issues and more will be getting added.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Steam Ball wrote:
GalakStarscraper wrote:But man that link is super buried. It is not even linked from bloodbowl.com.
It is linked in the main page, and at the same time, hidden. As in any modern web, it requires extra clicks and stays in non fixed place, ie bling bling simplicity over real simplicity. First you have to scroll down to Downlads, then hit the right side dot (today, in some time it could be the center one) so the items slide and show the FAQ link. If you try the search function of your browser and type FAQ, it "works" by moving down to the right zone, but invisible (browser doesn't activate the dots for you) so maddening.
Thanks for that ... yeah never thought to click on the dots. I do think that we are now at 2 printed (BB & DZ #1) and 3 online documents (Teams of Legend, BB FAQ and BB Errata) is a bit of the complexity of the situation. Would like to see all 3 online documents be one document and it be part of the 3 on the first dot of downloads on the Bloodbowl.com download area.