monstrous mouth skill

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

rmilsom
Rookie
Rookie

Re: monstrous mouth skill

Post by rmilsom »

I've encountered people with monstrous mouths, from what I've observed mighty blow has a tendency to close it ;)

Reason: ''
cornish
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by cornish »

Couldn't they have just put "catch" and "sure hands" in his skill list and saved the ink? The model would still have worked.

NAF Name: Cornish
Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

Darkson wrote:
Vanguard wrote:Not quite sure how to price Guffle as he doesn't seem to be based on any of Nurgle's positionals and I can't find Galak's Star Player formula for CRP anyways. Even so, ball-parking it using the pricing for creating a team would put him around 150k I reckon. 210k does seem quite high.
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=34841&p=614655#p614655 though you might need to juggle the figures a little for the Mouth skill.
That seemed to be specific to new rosters rather than Star Players. I thought I'd read mention of a CRP Star formula specifically? Maybe I'd misunderstood.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

cornish wrote:Couldn't they have just put "catch" and "sure hands" in his skill list and saved the ink? The model would still have worked.
It doesn't give the reroll to pick up that Sure Hands does.

Vanguard wrote:That seemed to be specific to new rosters rather than Star Players. I thought I'd read mention of a CRP Star formula specifically? Maybe I'd misunderstood.
You've misunderstood:
GalakStarscraper wrote:The Star Players were based on the base player and the skills were costs as normal. Any stat increase was priced 10k extra for each stat increase. Stat Decreases were allowed. (A BOB was used for Zug). Minor adjustments were made after playtesting those prices.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Loki
Legend
Legend

Post by Loki »

Darkson wrote:
cornish wrote:Couldn't they have just put "catch" and "sure hands" in his skill list and saved the ink? The model would still have worked.
It doesn't give the reroll to pick up that Sure Hands does.
It would be very hard for him to get his mouth on the ground for the pick-up :D

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana.
Babs
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Babs »

Loki wrote:It would be very hard for him to get his mouth on the ground for the pick-up
Not with their other new Extraordinary skill "Prehensile Tongue". :roll: </sarcasm>

=-) Babs (crotchety old, washed up has-been)
ex-BBRC member
ex-NAF AUS/NZ Tournament organiser

Make sure you have read the Feudball Novel.
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Rotter 40k
+ Foul Appearance 20k
+ Monstrous Mouth 30k
+ AG 50k
+ AV 40k
= 180k

So the price at 210k is really high to me.

Andy might make an argument that giving a Bash team an AG 4 ball carrier that is difficult to block and remove the ball from justifies the 30k bonus ... but man ... I'm not sure ... I can see the argument ... just not sure its a 30k argument.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

Darkson wrote:
Vanguard wrote:That seemed to be specific to new rosters rather than Star Players. I thought I'd read mention of a CRP Star formula specifically? Maybe I'd misunderstood.
You've misunderstood:
GalakStarscraper wrote:The Star Players were based on the base player and the skills were costs as normal. Any stat increase was priced 10k extra for each stat increase. Stat Decreases were allowed. (A BOB was used for Zug). Minor adjustments were made after playtesting those prices.
Ah, cheers.

Marlow
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Marlow »

GalakStarscraper wrote:Rotter 40k+ Foul Appearance 20k+ Monstrous Mouth 30k+ AG 50k+ AV 40k= 180k So the price at 210k is really high to me.

Andy might make an argument that giving a Bash team an AG 4 ball carrier that is difficult to block and remove the ball from justifies the 30k bonus ... but man ... I'm not sure ... I can see the argument ... just not sure its a 30k argument.
I think I would still take Lewdgrip. This guy would be fun in an Exhibition match with Lewdgrip but on his own the lower movement and no re-roll on the pick up just makes him worth less to me.

Ne cede melia, Marlow.
Trophies: MBBL Dungeon Bowl Season Nine; Boudica Bowl IV Stunty Cup
Leicester Blood Bowl League - http://www.leicesterbbleague.com/