Gutter Runners get new skill in new edition...

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Re: Gutter Runners get new skill in new edition...

Post by Steam Ball »

VoodooMike wrote:This tells me that the guys behind the new BB are actually chomping at the bit to get in and change things, and that sticking close to the CRP was likely not their first choice, and won't be their go-to philosophy in the days to come.
So they are not going to change CRP, "promise", just crappify (excuse the pun) it bit by bit? :roll:

Reason: ''
Stout Youngblood
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Stout Youngblood »

Steam Ball wrote:So they are not going to change CRP, "promise", just crappify (excuse the pun) it bit by bit? :roll:
What they said was, "the core rules won't change" and they haven't touched those, but doesn't mean they won't touch anything else. They did change the Human Catcher (dropping the price to 60k) and added "Weeping Blade" (allows GR to re-roll casualty roll if they roll a Badly Hurt) to Gutter Runners. So it looks like they may "tweek" rosters. From their interview on the Skulls and Ones podcast:

dwarfs will be released in a couple of months
• the team have deliberately kept close to the CRP
• (probably) only two roster tweaks - we know that humans catchers at 60k are one, and learned its because the models still look av7
•Skaven gutter runners now get a new skill, to reflect knifes on the miniature. Called "Weeping Dagger" (Extraordinary), they can reroll a Badly Hurt result they cause.
• illegal procedure is not compulsory
• special play cards are more numerous and could be more central to league play but still optional.
• league rules have had lots of options added
• the "off season" is introduced, including redrafting/rebuying of players
• players who play multiple seasons may now get bored and try to retire. At the buy back phase of the new season,you will have to roll a D6. If you roll is less than or equal to the number of seasons they played, you will have to pay more to keep them no the team.
• spiraling expenses is now optional.
• petty cash has been changed a bit (yea!!)
• if you have more than 100k in your treasury after the post match, you could use some after random events, and if more than 300k, you could lose ALL of it
• stadium and sponsorship rules are possible for the future
• a PDF will come out on release (Nov 25th) with rules for ALL the CRP rosters, plus Underworld and (Chaos) Pact. (but not Slann, Khorne, Brettonian or Simyan).
• any new rosters will have to meet a high play test threshold to make it in, purely "out of respect" for the player base (and production schedule of miniatures GW puts out, I am sure)
• Piling On is not a compulsory allow for leagues!

Steam Ball
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Steam Ball »

Stout Youngblood wrote:What they said was, "the core rules won't change" and they haven't touched those, but doesn't mean they won't touch anything else. They did change the Human Catcher (dropping the price to 60k) and added "Weeping Blade" (allows GR to re-roll casualty roll if they roll a Badly Hurt) to Gutter Runners. So it looks like they may "tweek" rosters.
You can tweak for good or for bad. You can tweak everything, or a handful things that don't matter, or just the key points that flip everything upside down. That is what people seem to have a concern about, quantity and specially quality of the changes.
• (probably) only two roster tweaks - we know that humans catchers at 60k are one, and learned its because the models still look av7
We know that one because we got a photo, months ago, of the roster. OTOH, the models look like small porcupines, but they didn't get a porcupine skill. ;)

Thanks for the rest of notes.

Podfrey
Bum Monkey

Post by Podfrey »

Will wait & see on the GR skill, but it seems a poor skill full stop. BH your opponent and you can reroll for a stunned? (unless I'm missing something....?)

plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

AFAIK it's reroll the d68 into a perm or kill

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Reroll the Cas roll, not the injury roll.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
hutchinsfairy
Experienced
Experienced

Post by hutchinsfairy »

If this is the worst thing they do then I suppose it's very minor. It does give the impression of a slightly lackadaisical approach though. I also find it hard to believe they fitted a meaningful amount of playtesting in considering the timescales.

CyberedElf
Veteran
Veteran

Post by CyberedElf »

I think the Weeping Dagger is a pointless change, but it's far cry from ruining things. I see no reason to censor it when/if my league adopts the new rules.

garyt
Rookie
Rookie

Post by garyt »

Very minor changes so far for Humans and Skaven, and likely none for Orcs. But based on Warhammer and 40K experience you have to suspect one or more of the later races will get some significant bolster for a player to encourage customers to buy some of the models they bring out later (and those improvements unlikely to be Ogres, snotlings or Tomb Guardians!). May not happen but wouldn't surprise me.

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Gutter Runners get new skill in new edition...

Post by Shteve0 »

Steam Ball wrote:
Stout Youngblood wrote:my notes
Thanks for the rest of notes.
You're welcome ;)

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Olaf the Stout »

Kaiowas wrote:
mikeyc222 wrote:i think it's a little WTF, but on a gutter runner, i doubt that it will come into play much at all. how often are gutter runners getting casualties in non-fumbbl leagues?
far too much logic!

seriously though, someone run the numbers on this. There's no way this will affect anything other than one or two players per league season and even then, there's still a 50/50 chance it rolls BH again and you can then use your Apo, right? anyone building a killer gutter runner to literally troll other folks in a face to face environment or closed league online isnt someone you need in that group. I dont like where the skill came from (to fit a mini rather than the other way round) but im fairly certain it will have little to no effect in the long run

point about tomb guardians is a strong one though
So you're saying it is a rule specific to one positional that is unlikely to come up?

So why even have it? It's rules bloat for no real gain.

Even worse, the rare times it does come up, it will likely negatively impact on the enjoyment of your opponent.

That just sounds like a poorly designed rule to me.

Extra rule to remember for no impact, but when it does work it takes away fun from the other person.

JT-Y
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic

Post by JT-Y »

Weeping Blades does not allow you to reroll CAS results.
If a Gutter Runner inflicts a BH result, roll a D6, on a 4+ it becomes a MNG.

Description of the rule clearly states it can only be used in league play.

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Just had a chance to look at the close up of the new skaven team.

It appears they've re-purposed the CAD images from the plastic clanrats and stormvermin as the starting point of this team. I like those models so that is not necessarily a bad thing, but I don't like the "skirts" on the linemen and blitzers as they don't seem practical for Blood Bowl. Also the linemen don't look to have 1 less AV than the blitzers.

The gutter arm holding the knife looks to be a mirror image of one of the clanrat arms.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Bakunin
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Bakunin »

JT-Y wrote:Weeping Blades does not allow you to reroll CAS results.

Have you seen the rule Description?

Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."
DOA
Experienced
Experienced

Post by DOA »

JT-Y wrote:Weeping Blades does not allow you to reroll CAS results.

Only block or even in foul?

For commisions contact me
For a gallery of my works visit my site or my facebook
http://www.alessiobonvini.com
https://www.facebook.com/DOA-Painting-S ... 683309464/