GW and Blood Bowl miniatures

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

GW and Blood Bowl miniatures

Post by bound for glory »

I sent an email to GW, asking about what plans they have re old BB miniatures. I wanted to know if they (gw) planned on re releasing the older(2nd 3rd and later) miniatures.

The bloke what answered me(ken) said "its being discussed at the moment", and "no decision has been arrived at as yet." He would not say if it looked likely, but he did say "many people with PULL(really. that was how he worded it.) were saying they "favored" re releasing "at least" "everything" they had molds for."

What does everyone think?

While I have most of GW's BB line, there are gaps. I have made trades thinking I could "replace" Traded GW figures, only to find some hard to replace miniatures.

While GW takes alot of heat most of the time, I still think many GW blood bowl figures are quite nice. I hope they re release them.

Reason: ''
Rick Sanchez lives!
howlinggriffon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: GW and Blood Bowl miniatures

Post by howlinggriffon »

It would be great if they did that. A lot of 2nd hand GW minis on eBay go for crazy prices so any chance for fans to get them direct would be a great way for people to save money. I'm not sure if I would buy any - I bought the last of my GW teams when they started with FineCast so I'm pretty good. I may be tempted to buy a couple of Puggys for old time's sake though.

bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

I,still,to this day, think Puggy is one of the best Blood Bowl figures ever made.

It captures everything that IS Blood Bowl.

Rick Sanchez lives!
fromherashes
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fromherashes »

bound for glory wrote:I,still,to this day, think Puggy is one of the best Blood Bowl figures ever made.

Couldn't agree more, I'd be keen to see a few things re-released but I'd expect that it'll be fairly limited as they'll want to encourage people to buy the new miniatures and as they're a slightly larger scale I'm sure they won't want to muddy the waters too much.

Regash

Post by Regash »

Are you guys talking about this miniature?

Toffer
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Toffer »

bound for glory wrote:I,still,to this day, think Puggy is one of the best Blood Bowl figures ever made.

This

My own little Puggster can be seen on the right of this team pic.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

There are some very cool 2nd edition models I'd get if they were of a similar price to those sold at the Bugman's tounrey earlier this year.

Only issue i can see is that most of the 3rd/4th ed models were not that great (with some exceptions like Zara, Ramtut and 5th ed humans). Also 2nd edition models will look super tiny against the new stuff.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Tablet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tablet »

2nd Edition Chaos Dwarves **Drools onto keyboard**

Of all my old minis that I wish I still had these are the ones that I would be most interested in getting again. Personally I don't care about their scale compared to other teams, the style is damn near perfect for me........

GeordieBowl IX 2017 - Wooden Spoon
Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

Toffer wrote:Image
Nice paint scheme! Sometimes you don't think of the obvious. Here I was, pondering over how to incorporate my home football team colors with my halflings, when I can just do a neutral look for their cloths and go color on the armour.
Thanks for the idea!
Tablet wrote:2nd Edition Chaos Dwarves **Drools onto keyboard**
I am with you buddy!

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Some of the old stuff is really fantastic. About the biggest knock I have is that some of the linemen poses are a bit generic and not really "football" stances.

Just off the top of my head, I think GW's Dark Elf, Vampire, Skaven, and Wood Elf figures are possibly the best of those races around. (Willy Vampires are great but just a bit too big). And a lot of the star player models are classic and iconic.

For me, the figure which most screams "Blood Bowl!" is Morg:

I'd welcome them re-releasing classic models (heck, maybe that would even keep them on their own 28mm standard!) and would absolutely buy at least a few teams.

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
mikeyc222
Star Player
Star Player

Post by mikeyc222 »

i have the vast majority of the old GW minis that i want, but i wouldn't mind filling the last few holes without having to pay insane eBay prices for them.

Don't take life too seriously, you'll never get out alive.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

If they recast (? is that the right word when?) 2nd ed Skaven and Chaos Dwarfs I'd be a happy camper.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
DaFoola
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DaFoola »

Darkson wrote:If they recast (? is that the right word when?) 2nd ed Skaven and Chaos Dwarfs I'd be a happy camper.
+1 to this. Also 2d ed. Morg (or is it ogre #1? - the one who looks like he's giving the finger with his big spike), which I'd put up there with Puggy as one of the most Blood Bowl figures to ever grace the pitch.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Darkson wrote:If they recast (? is that the right word when?) 2nd ed Skaven and Chaos Dwarfs I'd be a happy camper.
Not the right word.

"If they begin casting again 2nd ed Skaven and Chaos Dwarfs I'd be a happy camper."

If they recast the figures ... the quality would be worse as that would most likely involve trying to make a new mold from production castings (as I'm 95% sure the masters are lost from what I understand). Which is why they were talking about the ones for which molds still exist.

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
Rewslaun
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Rewslaun »

At this point I have every GW miniature I want to own for Blood Bowl. I don't have them all but I have all the minis that I wanted to acquire. After having paid big money for a 2nd edition Skaven team and the two dark elf assassins I kind of hope they don't start casting all of the old ones again, at least not in metal. If they were to cast them in resin or plastic that wouldn't bother me. It's not that I don't want anyone else to acquire them, it is 100% that I would be mad at myself for spending top dollar when I could have waited and got them cheaper.