The Worst Feeling in Blood Bowl

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Sainthropee
Experienced
Experienced

Re: The Worst Feeling in Blood Bowl

Post by Sainthropee »

Moraiwe wrote:
Madsherman wrote:I guess, it just feels to me that you are kicking a guy who is down.
That's the best time to kick him.

Reason: ''

"Vice is a miscalculation in the pursuit of happiness"
(J. Bentham)
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

Sitting down opposite Frogboy.... and him moaning about "needing the toilet" whilst I take 4 minutes over EVERY turn ( instead of the 2 I usually take) :D

babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

el sid wrote:Opponents who only take note of your 6s and their 1s.

When you win the game, it is because you were very lucky with your dice. If they win, it is despite all the 1s they rolled and thanks to their superior tactics.

It's a game using dice, everybody playing blood bowl should accept this fact and smile at it !
So, i assumed, it was fresh for you - i guess - to play against H.Halleberry yesterday night ? ;)
el sid wrote:Excellent game yesterday evening at the outpost - Chaos Dwarfs vs Skaven.

It should have been an omen for Hugo: Turn 2 first half my Rat Ogre kills one of his Chaos Dwarfs... It would be the start of a game full of poor rolls for Hugo. The Skaven were able to take full advantage of this and won the game 3 - 1 ; CAS : 1 - 1

Hugo is a great opponent. He took the 1's and skulls like a man, never complaining and laughing at the game (the Chimay in the 2nd half might have contributed to this too) - as Blood Bowl is supposed to be. Great to play a guy who has played 2nd Ed. beginning of the 90s, it does start to show our age. Hugo gets my sportsmanship award for this league !

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

glowworm wrote:Sitting down opposite Frogboy.... and him moaning about "needing the toilet" whilst I take 4 minutes over EVERY turn ( instead of the 2 I usually take) :D
Lol you wish you were good enough to play me lol ;)

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
WhatBall
Veteran
Veteran

Post by WhatBall »

After suffering a SI or RIP on turn one of the game on a quality player, but needing to keep it handy for the team stars, looking over at the bench and seeing the smug jerk apothecary still sitting there because you didn't suffer a single casualty after that first one.

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Oh I got one, throw a rock kills your best player on the first kick off

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

sann0638 wrote:You put in loads of volunteer hours to help a game then someone compares you to the nazis...
Actually the collaborators to the nazis... gw would be the nazis....

You made your choices and karma rewards you....

Petain no doubt felt the same about his quality of "volunteer" service.... :P

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
SunDevil
Goblin Fancier

Post by SunDevil »

First, leading 2-0 in the first half on defensive scores and about to go up 3-0 (again, DEFENSIVELY), your (supposedly) Sure Footed Skink double ones in the endzone and hurts himself

Your opponent BHs the next two Saurus he touches and goes coast-to-coast to trail 2-1 at the half.

You receive the second half kickoff and fail a dodge for a sure TD and 3-1 lead.

Opponent goes coast to coast to tie it 2-2.

Then you fail a dodge for another sure TD to win in regulation.

Then you fail a GFI (double ones) to win in OT and your opponent completes the comeback 3-2.

That's my worst recent BB feeling. :)

This is Chance from THREE DIE BLOCK - Your Blood Bowl Podcast! Stay off the sidelines!
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO HELPED MAKE THE SIMYIN A REALITY!!!
Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Olaf the Stout »

Itchen Masack wrote:When you sit down opposite someone who you know is gonna get a sulk on if they dont win. Ruins all the fun of a game.
Depends how you look at it. When I play those types of players, I see their sulking as my reward, so I try and revel in it. Bonus points if you can kill/permanently injure their star player while doing it.

Olaf the Stout
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Olaf the Stout »

frogboy wrote:Failing a GFI with a re-roll into the end zone on the last turn of the game to win or draw.
This is probably the worst feeling for me.

Another one that would be up there would be making a series of moves to get a hit on the ball carrier in a cage, taking him down, only to see the bouncing ball caught on a 6 by someone else in the opposition.

Similarly, same situation as above, except the following turn my opponent picks the ball up (even in TZs) and reforms the cage nearby.

Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

sann0638 wrote:You put in loads of volunteer hours to help a game then someone compares you to the nazis...
Put Digger Goreman on 'ignore', and watch as this problem disappears.

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Itchen Masack wrote:
besters wrote: I'm sorry :roll: :roll: :roll:
lol not you. In fact, considering you passed 1 in 12 KO rolls, you took that beating quite well :p
It's me

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Sainthropee wrote:
Madsherman wrote:Worst feeling is rolling a one, choosing to reroll, and the opponent is cheernig for a one and a one comes up. My heart just sinks.

That, and when I forget Loner on my big guys.
I'm cheering always for the 1 or the skull, I know that is annoying but it's part of the trash talking that is coming with the game :orc:
I hate this; Complain about your dice but don't wish failure on me. I can fail quite well on my own. I know you want me to fail as much as I want you to but its just rude to bring it up.

If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Mine is when you put somebody in a difficult position where they have to make a load of dice to get out, not tough ones but a slew of threes say. They make them all and then look you in the eye and say "skill". AND THEY MEAN IT!

then they do that all game.

Kaiowas
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Kaiowas »

I think what gets me the most when guys who are either brazen or inexperienced (and usually I try to help with advice) keep doing things that are just uphill on the dice.

Pass or fail it kinda gets under my skin, mainly because its usually matched with the type of ignorance that Heff explains above, ie when it goes well for them they treat it as their own "skill".

The advice giving stand point works even less when the dice are coming up for the guys I'm facing.

Oh and a more general point, any hard fought 2 TD lead given up is one of the most gutting things going