Digger Goreman's Manifesto

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Wylder
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Digger Goreman's Manifesto

Post by Wylder »

burgun824 wrote:In my mind you now sound like Comic Book Guy. So I quite enjoyed it.
I just re-read this in comic book guy's voice, and you're right! It is much improved :)

Reason: ''
voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

I don't see the point in taking offense at the content of the manifesto (not Heff's which was succinct and to the point for him)

I do appreciate the need to clarify the position though and like the explanatory style (not confrontational, at all)

in a similar way to my Introduce Yourself challenge this has value and the more we know about each other the more I think we'd get on.

Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

voyagers_uk wrote: (not confrontational, at all)
Well, a little bit, taking a small fact about me that I expressed in a light-hearted way and using it to continue his vendetta against the NAF.

A manifesto that I would be interested in is Digger's manifesto for a BB organisation that would be better than the NAF.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

sann0638 wrote:
Well, a little bit, taking a small fact about me that I expressed in a light-hearted way and using it to continue his vendetta against the NAF.

You've got my interest, which "fact" did digger use to continue his vendetta??

...and from a personal perspective, thank you digger for clarifying your position, whilst I may not agree with some of your thought I respect your honestly in laying them out.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

My owning GW shares, from about 15 years ago. I generally think it's a lot easier to lay out a position full of vitriole than to actually get off your backside and do stuff. I shouldn't let him rile me, though.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

sann0638 wrote:My owning GW shares, from about 15 years ago. I generally think it's a lot easier to lay out a position full of vitriole than to actually get off your backside and do stuff. I shouldn't let him rile me, though.

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

It's funny, because he's using that fact to justify (in his view I hasten to add) years of NAF kowtowing to GW when you've not been the Media officer for very long (compared to how long the NAF has been active).
I for one got a good laugh out of it - he should become a tabloid "reporter" given his skill at twisting facts.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

... and you should be removed as a "moderator", given your track record....

As G'kar quipped: "It's an imperfect universe...."

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Gaixo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Gaixo »

There's a classic Digger move. Ignore the actual discussion at hand to pursue some unrelated vendetta.

Guest Speaker
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Guest Speaker »

"I began gaming in the summer of 1976. Having skillfully played a plethora of games..."

:roll:

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

I really liked it :)

My manifesto would be based on a large lottery win, purchase of bloodbowl rights and then innumerable tweaks, changes, new teams, etc. And a kickstarter. I feel the BB world would sponsor Tom to hunt me down and end the abomination of me playing god with a boardgame.

Dr. Von Richten
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Dr. Von Richten »

Heff wrote:Heff's manifesto.

There are 23 teams in bloodbowl plus two some people want in and others do not. And then there are the beardy twats

Heff for NAF president! :smoking:

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

I like the sound of a kickstarter to fund combat-Tom pursuing millionaire-despot-Chris through a stormy, hostile jungle, Predator style, in order to prevent him implementing some madcap rules changes he's dreamt up in a heady fug of good caviar, cheap lipstick and generally ill gotten influence. That's going in my manifesto.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co