Digger Goreman's Manifesto

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Re: Digger Goreman's Manifesto

Post by sann0638 »

So that's why you don't like the NAF. Genuinely mystified as to what I ever did to offend you so much, though. If I have the wrong impression about that, I would be happy to be corrected.

Reason: ''
NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Arclight
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Arclight »

Thanks Digger, that was a good read as it answered somes things I was curious about. I enjoyed it because I have often wondered where your "Timmy teams", NAF and moderator dislike all came from. As you mentioned, not all who read this site have years of history with your forum personality so this post might just answer questions that others (like me) have pondered.
I'm going to have to go with Puzzlemonkey's thoughts. He's just right. We share the same passion for the game. There's no need to bash one another. There is only one real team. We are all Blood Bowlers and honestly Animosity is a bad skill for anyone... luckily as coaches we can choose to let go of our negative traits.
Sing with me now "Let it go, let it go..."
Cheers.
- Dan

Manuel
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Manuel »

GW -> Very bad
NAF -> Bad
Jervis -> Bad
Fumbbl and tournaments -> Partially good
BBRC -> Mostly bad
Ag teams -> Bad
Bash teams -> Bad
Intentional tiers -> Bad

Are you sure you like BB? I mean, you may be confused by other similar games, like this one:

You may consider organizing you'r own 2nd-edition-only-nechromantic-non-NAF-non-GW-miniatures tournaments. I am pretty sure you would win it.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

Gotta love the FOX tv generation... everything reduced to black and white sound bites.... :lol:

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Guest Speaker
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Guest Speaker »

You're not planning on mailing pipe bombs to GW are you? :o

Moraiwe
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Moraiwe »

I like it. I may not agree with all of it, but I like it nonetheless. More people should have manifestos.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

sann0638 wrote:So that's why you don't like the NAF. Genuinely mystified as to what I ever did to offend you so much, though. If I have the wrong impression about that, I would be happy to be corrected.
Although I think he has blocked me...

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Post by lunchmoney »

sann0638 wrote:
sann0638 wrote:So that's why you don't like the NAF. Genuinely mystified as to what I ever did to offend you so much, though. If I have the wrong impression about that, I would be happy to be corrected.
Pow

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
JaM
Legend
Legend

Post by JaM »

I too can see his points. I mainly disagree on the NAF side though. I think they did what they could, back then. Not sure if another course would have been better in the long run.

Yes, the game is unbalanced. So be it. I like the D6 mechanism enough for this, though. I cant see myself switching to a D8, to get more variety.
And not all teams are equal. Ditto (so be it). Thank Nuffle, because that makes me feel good playing Goblins and managing a draw or juuuust lose a game. Now I can blame the team instead of my coaching 'skills' :D

Speaking of coaching skills: I cant do anything with Necros, so kudos to you Digger in finding a way to handle them. I'd rather play (with) Underworld or Pact, for instance.

To each his own, I guess. That's what the game is all about, I think: enough variety to make sure everyone can get out of the game what they want, but fortunatly not enough or too much vague rules to go down to the level of rules-lawyering.

I like the Bloodbowlcrowd, and I am proud to be a part of it, however small it* may be. :D

Cheers al,

JaM

*) either my part, or the crowd as a whole. I think it fits both.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

lunchmoney wrote:
sann0638 wrote:
Pow
Nah, skull :D

NAF Ex-President
NAF Data wrangler
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

JaM wrote:I too can see his points. I mainly disagree on the NAF side though. I think they did what they could, back then. Not sure if another course would have been better in the long run.

Yes, the game is unbalanced. So be it. I like the D6 mechanism enough for this, though. I cant see myself switching to a D8, to get more variety.
And not all teams are equal. Ditto (so be it). Thank Nuffle, because that makes me feel good playing Goblins and managing a draw or juuuust lose a game. Now I can blame the team instead of my coaching 'skills' :D

Speaking of coaching skills: I cant do anything with Necros, so kudos to you Digger in finding a way to handle them. I'd rather play (with) Underworld or Pact, for instance.

To each his own, I guess. That's what the game is all about, I think: enough variety to make sure everyone can get out of the game what they want, but fortunatly not enough or too much vague rules to go down to the level of rules-lawyering.

I like the Bloodbowlcrowd, and I am proud to be a part of it, however small it* may be. :D

Cheers al,

JaM

*) either my part, or the crowd as a whole. I think it fits both.
Thanks, JAM.... :) A manifesto is just that: a statement of position... and, likewise, I respect your respectful disagreement! I, too, like variety... well tested variety... the kind that makes you feel that you are playing an entirely different team in a manner/manners that result in a win/loss/draw NOT because you have spammed skills and/or stats out of the box, but because you coached, chose skills, and nurtured your team into a shape that reflects a plethora of possible winning choices/strategies.... Yes, my friend, I can and do defeat elven sides... but through either a boring caged 2-1 grind and/or through destroying their team, which leaves both coaches feeling a bit meh.... Unfortunate that it has to be that way... or, as you succinctly say, "so be it...."

And, please, slide a pm on your Underworld and Pact playability.... My gobbos are a bunch of suffering/injured gits after only a few games, and my Pact marauders got so badly scotched in their first outing that I had to play (and win :o ) with 5 loners in their second game.... :)

Overall I like being part of the community too.... Humans being conditioned gits and all that.... :P

AllyRdr
Veteran
Veteran

Post by AllyRdr »

Hmm. So, basically you don't like the design ethos of the game, the people who came up with the game, the people who own the game, and the people who currently oversea the game (in some forms at least).

In many ways, this manifesto comes across as the same form of arguments aimed at the Star Wars prequels or Indian Jones 4. "How dare they do this to *insert beloved thing here*".

Well, they can because it's theirs. Whether we like it or not that's the case. They can do whatever they want with it. The key in that is that you don't have to buy it. Don't like it? Find people who agree and play whatever version you like with them.

@AllyRdr - for occasional inane rubbish
Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend

Post by Digger Goreman »

FOX II....

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Heff's manifesto.

There are 23 teams in bloodbowl plus two some people want in and others do not. And then there are the beardy twats

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
bound for glory
Legend
Legend

Post by bound for glory »

Heff wrote:Heff's manifesto.

There are 23 teams in bloodbowl plus two some people want in and others do not. And then there are the beardy twats
LOL!

Rick Sanchez lives!