I made printable version of Blood Bowl Special Play Cards

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

WhyNotPurple
Rookie
Rookie

I made printable version of Blood Bowl Special Play Cards

Post by WhyNotPurple »

So I made two versions of the cards. The first, a pdf version you can find in the attachement, is for printing them at home. The second, a zip with a lot of png files, is for printing on bridge-sized playing cards (2.25" × 3.5") by a professional printing company.

Homeprinting
CRP Special Play (Inducement) Cards for printing at home.

Professional printing
CRP Special Play (Inducement) Cards for professional printing.
This set includes a bribe and wizard card as a bonus! You are bound to order 108 cards, so you'll pay for 4 more cards than the CRP set has. With these files you get 3 Bribes and 1 Wizard card for free (or another combination).

Use this link for delivery in Europe and this link for delivery in America.

In Europe, it costs around € 21,- including 108 cards, two 54-card containers, printing and delivery anywhere in Europe (cheaper if you are in Germany). You do have to make an account to get €5,- discount though, and it will take some time setting it up (10-20 min). If you need any help with the European site (which is in German), PM me :)

The American site is identical to the German one and has a similar price range (but I haven't used their services so I'm not sure about the exact price).

Please let me know what you think and if I made any errors copying the text :)

Edit 04-01-2015: I found out that the special play cards text in the official pdf has a spelling error. It says "Belt of Invunerability" instead of invulnerability. Also, the yellow colour for the Desperate Measures cards made the text somewhat unreadable, so I changed the colour to turquoise. This has been corrected in both the zipped file linked above and the attached pdf.

Edit 11-05-2015: I have updated this top post to include links to the dropbox files for both the pdf and png versions, so people don't have to register to this forum to be able to download them. Also, I have updated both versions with some minor text and graphical improvements, including removing the unnecessary cross-referencing of some cards (such as cards that reference the wizard fireball and lightning bolt spell, but don't mention how those spells work).

Reason: ''
Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Re: I made printable version of Blood Bowl Special Play Card

Post by Saebelsultan »

Very nice looking!
Makes me want to use the Special Plays more often.

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

Very nice cards, but where you've groups of three cards on the page (pages 3/4 & 9/10) the bottom row don't match up front and back.
Also, (and I apologise for being really picky here) it'd be nice if you could remove the dashed white line from the card backs and replace them with crop marks. Gives a much better finish once cut.
Good work tho', will definitely make up a set of these.

WhyNotPurple
Rookie
Rookie

Post by WhyNotPurple »

Thank you for noticing these faulty details. I totally spaced on aligning the three-card sets apparently :roll: Having crop marks instead of dashed lines is a good idea as well!

I have altered both things in a new version, which I attached to the original post.

Vanguard
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Vanguard »

Excellent. Off to find some suitably heavy duty card now. :D

Jembo17
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Jembo17 »

If memory serves there are some companies out there that will print out custom cards for you if you send them the plans/designs.

Let me know how you get on as i'd definitely be interested in getting a deck. :D

WhyNotPurple
Rookie
Rookie

Post by WhyNotPurple »

I made some at home with heavy duty paper and didn't give custom card printing companies any thought. I found a relatively cheap one in Germany that delivers throughout Europe, Printer Studio. The American company Make Playing Cards uses an identically formatted website to sell, I would presume, identical cards in America.

I have converted my playing cards to match the websites' required formatting. Use the links above to purchase your own set of playing cards, using these zipped files (the zip cannot be attached here, probably because it is too large).

Because you are bound to order 108 playing cards, and there are only 104 Special Play Cards, I have also made a 'Wizard' and 'Bribe' card. The latter I have ordered 3 times, seeing as you can have up to 3 bribes ;)

The size of the cards is bridge playing cards: 57.15 mm x 88.9 mm (2.25" x 3.5").

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

Those look really nice, congrats!
Thanks for sharing them.

A.

babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

THANKS FOR SHARING!

babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

WhyNotPurple wrote:I made some at home with heavy duty paper and didn't give custom card printing companies any thought. I found a relatively cheap one in Germany that delivers throughout Europe, Printer Studio.
i simulated prices
included port (to my personal adress)
for one deck : it's almost 20€
for 5 deck : 86.84 (so 17€37 each)
for 10 deck : 162.69 (so 16€29 each)
for 20 deck : 324.39 (so 16€22 each)
next big drop in the price should for 50 sets as the price per deck is (without port):
1-9 €12.67
10-49 €11.67
50-99 €10.67
100+ ^ €9.67

WhyNotPurple
Rookie
Rookie

Post by WhyNotPurple »

When I made an account at the Printer Studio site I got a code for €5,- discount. Don't know if they are still doing this deal, but be aware you could possible get the cards a little bit cheaper ;)

As for the cards themselves, I found out that the special play cards text in the official pdf has a spelling error. It says "Belt of Invunerability" instead of invulnerability. Also, the yellow colour for the Desperate Measures cards made the text somewhat unreadable, so I changed the colour to turquoise. This has been corrected in both the zipped file linked above and the attached pdf in the original post.

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Jut seen these now. Loverly.

WhyNotPurple
Rookie
Rookie

Post by WhyNotPurple »

So.... I wrote a reply to your thread before seeing you already found my thread that was pushed to the second page :zzz:

Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

I am currently working on printing and cutting all the Special Play cards myself. I use little plastic card sleeves (the likes you use for Magics and such). Work looks something like this:

Once I am finshed with that, I will make my own tuckboxes as well. There is a custom Tuckbox Template that works out beautifully:

http://www.cpforbes.net/tuckbox/

"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
WhyNotPurple
Rookie
Rookie

Post by WhyNotPurple »

Great idea with making your own tuck box. I did one as well :) The tuck box file is now part of the zip with all the png files. Unfortunately the thickness of such a box is very dependent on the type of paper you print your cards on, so me designing one for the cards printed at home by various people is not very functional. But this one should fit the cards if you have them printed professionally.

It works out to something like this (note that the Desperate Measures are still yellow as these cards were the first try-out):
2015-05-12 13.03.43.jpg
For a direct link to the tuckbox, click here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.