OUCH!! just one of those days II

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Dave
Info Ed

OUCH!! just one of those days II

Post by Dave »

Got something similar.

Played with my (TR 220) Norse against Skaven (TR 208)

We both had 13 players to begin with. Due to injuries I only had two blitzers present but my frenzying Ogre was there as well.

The game started with me KO-ing his RatOgre and best Storm Virmin

After turn 6 I scored (did it easy) but by that time I had placed unnumerable blocks and managed to KO six of his players. He placed 6 blocks and had injured a stunning 4 of my players, including both blitzers and some line goons.

In the end I lost 1 - 2, not too bad, that happens but managed an unbelieving ONE casualtie. He did seven on me with less piling on, and about one quarter of the blocks I placed.

Dice are terrible and unsportsmanlike and ... and .. :pissed: :pissed: severely :pissed:

Reason: ''
Mojoshenpo
Veteran
Veteran

You shouldn't pick...

Post by Mojoshenpo »

... on those poor defenseless skaven.... :wink:

War is the Way of Man....
Before the Way of Man,
There was the Way of Nature;
And, before that, The Void....
And The Void was... Peace....

grimfang
Experienced
Experienced

Post by grimfang »

argh... its contagious! At least i know i can't possibly have ANOTHER game like that this decade!

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Wanna bet?

You've just jinxed yourself by saying that. :D

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Falc
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Falc »

*nod* Jinx is a reality in BB. My opponent dodged away with a High Elf and failed. His reaction: "Don't kill him, please."

My response: "Don't ask for it..."

Result: dead Elf.

Real life should be optional
Methusalah
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Methusalah »

My problem seems to be GFI's. I seem to be able to make as many as I like in the open field, but as soon as it involves reaching the endzone with one, bring out the 1's :-? Failed one yesterday (and he was stunned of course, couldn't have him trying again could we) and have another one to make to tie the game against some Orcs. Gotta say I'm checking that inbox pretty frequently, the suspense is killing me!! Of course sometimes I make them (eh, Deathwing :wink: ) but it's the fails you remember.

You're only as old as you feel
Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

This is why I don't let anybody touch my dice! They roll fine until another coach rolls them!

I have a 20 sider from the old D&D box sets. Since it became mine nobody has touched it but me and I can roll nearly what ever I want with it. When I GM my players fear it!

Jinxes do exist in Blood Bowl!!!!!!!!

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
grimfang
Experienced
Experienced

Post by grimfang »

yes.. i am a firm believer in the "sacred dice" thoery... got my own specail set that nobody can touch.

Methusalah
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Methusalah »

Absolutely Pariah, and I am just going to stroll into that endzone when the time comes. My stunty will do it no problem. Funny though, found myself thinking that I wish Xmas would hurry up and be over so my opponent would send his next turn and I could press that GFI button :o

The UniGoblin
Rookie
Rookie

Post by The UniGoblin »

I had a similar game last week. This game was so hyped in our league that other coaches had real American $$ riding on it!!

My finese skaven team, with a one-turn touchdowner and no rat ogre, versus the other skaven team who plays a physical game with a rat ogre. I won handly 4-1...however suffered 5 casualties. His rat ogre killed one of my storm vermin, and I used my apoth to heal him. Immediately on the next 2 consecutive plays, he blitzed, frenzied, and seriously injured 2 of my 3 gutter runners, including the one-turner. Both got nigglers. So, my next game I'm playing with a single gutter runner...

Talk about a costly win! :cry:

Current Team:

[b]Naggaroth University Genetic Experiment #382[/b]
Race: Skaven Team Rating: 149
Record: 3-5 Goals For: 22 Goals Against: 19
Casualties For: 14 Casualties Against: 10 (4 Niggling Injuries!!)
-Out of tournament
roysorlie
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by roysorlie »

You know, I'm a really nice guy.

I played a Chaos coach, on on the 7 turn, second half. I killed a beastman. Now this was that players first match, and if the beastman died, he would have to start a new team. I hadn't used my Apoth, so I just went and healed his player. his last turn, he threw a block against my DW, with blodge, and elligable for a new skill.

Surprise surprise, dead DW.

Every coach in my league agrees. I throw the most snakeeyes in the league. I had a thrower with sure hands, who manage to fuble picking up the ball, three turns in a row. What are the odds for that?

1 to 46656 against.

Merry f-ucking christmas!

Roy

Norwegian National Tournament Organizer.

Coachname [url=http://fumbbl.com/~SnakeEyes]SnakeEyes[/url] on [url=http://fumbbl.com/]fumbbl.com[/url]
NAF member 187
Methusalah
Veteran
Veteran

Aaargggh..

Post by Methusalah »

I should never have posted anything about that GFI roll!! Jinxed myself didn't I... 1-0 for the Orcs.....
I shall never again utter the phrase Go For It, from now on, I shall call it "The Scottish Roll" ;)

Dave
Info Ed

Post by Dave »

Actually, doing that You are a nice guy.

Come on .. Say it loud and Proud ..

I AM A NICE GUY..

Come on, I can't hear you ....

Big Ahn
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Big Ahn »

Oh yeah...

First game with my new norse team, lining up against some undead (i fear mummies). Pitch invasion and 6 of my guys are knocked over ...1 SI, 2 BH. (Decided not to uses my apothecary... good job as my blitzer got killed later on). Half my team hurt before turn 1.

Not the best of starts...