Dungeon bowl what fun!!!

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

commisar ken
Star Player
Star Player

Dungeon bowl what fun!!!

Post by commisar ken »

For our league match ups for our Sunday games we decided to play Dungeon bowl for the first time.Since their was four of us present we made it a four way match.For the scoring rules,basically Chineese checkers.We played two matchs.The game went overall pretty smooth but we ran into few snags,This where my fellow board members may help.One question was what happens when you hit a player into a wall ?My players thought that a +1 to armor and injury rolls.We used are regular bb teams,i know over powered but what the heck.Next thing was secret weapons.For the second match we had two Chainsaw Loonies running around,Hack and Ugroth.What are the rules for them or limits?Other than that a really fun games.Also we used SPPs.Also for our second match i threw in a couple of Yhetees for fun,i just made them roll a d8 and a d6 for movement d8 for direction, also a stupity check.The monsters did not do anything but eventually sat in a corner doing nothing.As for the teleporters they claimed three victims overall one of them was my Looney,in theory i thought it would be kool for him to be wondering around and taking out targets then teleport again.But overall a really fun game just need to work out some kinks.Now we are off to Start on building a 3d terrain tile set.

Reason: ''
Play Coach Krazy Kenny on Cyanide.He is usually lurking in Auld World.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Re: Dungeon bowl what fun!!!

Post by Darkson »

You're basically in house-rule territory, as DB was never officially updated for LRB5/6/CRP, but that said:

We've played a lot of DB, as we love the mayhem, so to answer your specific questions:

1. We add +1 to AV for wall hits, and occasionally (season end games normally, as we like to start with new teams for new seasons) we also add the +1 to Inj.

2. There's no ref in DB, so no sending offs, and as no "drives", SW stay on the pitch for as long as they're alive. If you want to change this, you'll have to make up your own house-rule.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
commisar ken
Star Player
Star Player

Post by commisar ken »

Thanks for the help,That was the general idea what i had thought,since no updates are current.I am just trying to0 get some clarifications for my DB tourney coming up.

Khail
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Khail »

We're using a doubles rule for getting SW's sent off, just like fouling (doubles on armor or injury gets you ejected).

Commissioner of the Cascadia Blood Blowl League
Bellingham, WA USA
Daht
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Daht »

We use these as for our DB games, they work quite well with lbr6, using standart team lists.

http://www.sonic.net/~daht/obbl/dbowl.htm

IronAge_Man
Veteran
Veteran

Post by IronAge_Man »

NIBBLE finished their first season last year with a Dungeonbowl finale. Our regular teams took part. When the game ran over a certain time, players started randomly disappearing (to stop further congestion).

One extra rule we implemented was that every player had Leap, but with a -1 modifier (unless they actually had Leap), to prevent coaches simply blocking corridors with bodies. This proved decisive, as my Ag 5 Dark Elf lineman used it to score the only, winning TD!

One thing to consider and decide upon is if assists work around corners, and can players cut corners? You can even work in 'sharp' and 'beveled' corners, the former not allowing assists or diagonal moves, the latter allowing them.

Also work out Allied rules - there will be times you decide to ally with another coach against a 3rd! This might mean allowing your ally to pass without Dodging, and lending assists.

You can go wild with ideas - have a maze section with a Minotaur, rotating and teleporting rooms, dangerous terrain and traps (not just lethal, but all sorts of weird effects, like half-movement or random movement for a turn), multi-level sections, lifts and stairwells (hint - the high ground gives advantage), maybe even loot that grants temporary bonuses!

SinisterDexter
Veteran
Veteran

Post by SinisterDexter »

Check out BL!TZ magazine issue one (see other thread). One of our local leagues put a lot of work into playtesting an updated rule set fir DB and these rules are in there.

SinDex Studio blog: http://sindexstudio.blogspot.com/
Roze El's Hall of Fame blog: http://rozeelhall.blogspot.com/
yggdrasil
Veteran
Veteran

Post by yggdrasil »

IronAge_Man wrote: One extra rule we implemented was that every player had Leap, but with a -1 modifier (unless they actually had Leap), to prevent coaches simply blocking corridors with bodies. This proved decisive, as my Ag 5 Dark Elf lineman used it to score the only, winning TD!
I quite like this, since DB always had rules for players leaping over chasms and such, but these were totally different from the modern Leap skill. It feels a lot better to have just one mechanic for all types of leaping. :)

Duce
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Duce »

As Colin said, we had a great fun 4 way dungeon bowl for the end of season 1. Basically 2 large foamboard tiles with dungeon corridors and rooms glued on, so I can swap them around for future events, or split them in half for two smaller 1v1 games.

Ruleswise i tried to keep it simple. the leap -1 kept things from being congested, and with no assists allowed round hrp corners it kept people building pillboxes with a guard player on each corner of a room.

we did 8 teleporters too, when a player steps onroll a D8 and move them to the tele with that number. Costs 1 movement to step on and off rach time, and if you land on the same telepad you went in your player misses the rest of the game.

This and leap kept it from being a gang fest and hours spent trying to break armour. Meant elf teams had a chance to avoid the fighting.

Northern Ireland Blood Bowl Experience - NIBBLE
http://nibble.playsboard.com/forum.htm
commisar ken
Star Player
Star Player

Post by commisar ken »

What is the general feeling about ball n chain fanatics.I was thinking about using my goblins.I was thinking that a impact on a wall would count as a push off or just roll the dice and see what happens.

Hitonagashi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hitonagashi »

commisar ken wrote:What is the general feeling about ball n chain fanatics.I was thinking about using my goblins.I was thinking that a impact on a wall would count as a push off or just roll the dice and see what happens.
When I played dungeonbowl, we played that he was treated as being knocked down!

A fanatic whirling a ball around his head smashes the ball into the wall, or the body into the wall...either way fluff wise he collapses, as the drugs wear out :D. Admittedly, it is funny to think of him as a rubber ball...