More rumors on a new BB set.

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

Re: More rumors on a new BB set.

Post by Smurf »

On the rumour mill, from finecast the GW mini creation crew have discovered a new metal that will lower the cost of their minis. It is a soft metal and does not rust, it will lower the cost of the current materials they use. They have decided to make their new models out of... gold!

Reason: ''
The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Darkson wrote:According to all the rumours, it's a one-off standalone box - no expansions, so no support, so no shouting at GW for failed promises...
Well I'm sure that won't stop people moaning anyway. :roll:

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Lunchab1es
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Lunchab1es »

Smurf wrote:On the rumour mill, from finecast the GW mini creation crew have discovered a new metal that will lower the cost of their minis. It is a soft metal and does not rust, it will lower the cost of the current materials they use. They have decided to make their new models out of... gold!
:lol:
Too bad the black box isn't blood bowl... afraid I don't have the time, money, or attention span to start a new gaming system.

Looking for: 5th ed Human Thrower #2
RogueThirteen
Star Player
Star Player

Post by RogueThirteen »

Darkson wrote:According to all the rumours, it's a one-off standalone box - no expansions, so no support, so no shouting at GW for failed promises...
Interesting, that is a very wise move on their part. That actually would make me a bit more interested in this game IF I had interest in the theme. I wonder if it will contain campaigns and varied scenarios and such like Space Hulk or just a simpler "here's a few scenarios and a pool of ships each player can customize their fleet from."

Either way, very very very bummed that it isn't a re-release of Blood Bowl with spiffy new components.

Magic Dave
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Magic Dave »

RogueThirteen wrote:Well, clearly this is GW's probably-hurried response to the huge amount of buzz and positive attention around Dystopian Wars (a steam-punk themed game of naval miniature combat). Classic move.
Also The Uncharted Seas game has done well, but its not really set the gaming world alight. If you look back to the wizzkids game, pirates of the Spanish Maine, then you have a product that sold really well. But it was sold different to how GW want to sell. With only fouyr races i think this could be set for some more army's being released in the future. Don't believe what GW say, one off box set...buy it now... before we print some more!

Also i don't think this will sell, old school gamers that remember MoW might give it a punt, but the kids wont find it cool.

Corvidius
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Corvidius »

If that is the upcoming release (and i do mean if) it might sell well. Pirates are always popular and the idea of Vampire pirates is awesome (i seem to remember some saratossan vampire models doing the rounds a while back). Not saying i've got any interest in playing a ship based game myself but it's not a complete turkey. I do like the Vampire Portrait though, one of Jon Blanches (i think) that i like.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

spubbbba wrote:Well I'm sure that won't stop people moaning anyway. :roll:
True dat...

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
daloonieshaman
Legend
Legend

Post by daloonieshaman »

Whatever the release is, we can share with 100% certennty that it will not have been edited :lol:

2014 Chaos Cup Stunty Cup
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

It is going to be a one off limited release just like Space Hulk was, so just a bit of fun really. If it’s not your thing it will be easy to ignore.

Aside from an article or 2 in White Dwarf or online I very much doubt there will be any support given after that. If they are smart then they will make it easily tie in with fantasy, warmaster, mighty empires and even mordheim (detailed boarding actions would be cool).

If the models are of the same quality as space hulk then I am pretty confident it will sell out, plenty of people will get it to play, some to collect and others to sell on e-bay for a profit, people will likely be wanting extra ships so I’m sure you could break it up and make a tidy profit. As long as it’s not too pricey (for GW) then I may well get a box, I bought space hulk as I used to enjoy it but haven’t played it yet.

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Smurf
mattgslater's court jester

Post by Smurf »

Due to the success of the last limited edition box set of Space Hulk GW have decided to create another Limited edition box set.

That's right, it will be another limited edition box set of Space Hulk.

After all the first time they did it it was so successful!

The Scrumpers (Wood Elf)
Timog (Chaos Dwarves)
Cursed Crypt (Khemri)
Fur Fur Furious (Skaven)