Confused and needing some answers please!

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

TheAzman
Veteran
Veteran

Confused and needing some answers please!

Post by TheAzman »

I know I'll catch some heat for this, but I need to know.....Is the rules pack on the GW site the LRB 6 rules? I know that they look horrible and that the intro is fairly insulting, but I noticed some differences between that pack and the LRB5+ rules. Like Morg being only 430K and not 450K like in the 5+, and the dump off skill not saying that it can't be pass-blocked, etc...

I'm fairly OCD with this kind of stuff, but I NEED to make sure that I get the right set of rules. I'm weird that way I guess, but I can't stand the confusion of it all. :( Can someone help me out?

Thanks in advance for any answers! :D

Reason: ''
Winning... it beats losing.
skritter
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Confused and needing some answers please!

Post by skritter »

The Competition Rules Pack is LRB6

There is some work being done at the moment to correct typo's and a mistake in the Rat roster where the Rat Ogre should read 150K instead of 160K

Melbourne Blood Bowl Leaguer
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Competition Rules Pack = LRB 6.0

The only difference is that the Rat Ogre should be 150k which Jervis has said he will fix in January (its a typo). We have a thread here to give Jervis the full list of all corrections.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
TheAzman
Veteran
Veteran

Post by TheAzman »

Thanks Galak! ( and you too skritter! )

Winning... it beats losing.
plasmoid
Legend
Legend

Post by plasmoid »

Hi Azman,
there are 13 differences between LRB5+ and LRB6/Competition Pack.
And they're supposed to be there.
And then there is the RO typo.
Cheers
Martin

Narrow Tier BB? http://www.plasmoids.dk/bbowl/NTBB.htm
Or just visit http://www.plasmoids.dk instead
JDub
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JDub »

plasmoid wrote:Hi Azman,
there are 13 differences between LRB5+ and LRB6/Competition Pack.
And they're supposed to be there.
And then there is the RO typo.
Cheers
Martin
So there are only 13 differences from the old rules document that was on the GW site compared to the new one? Does anyone have a list of just the changes? I was just learning to play and I read the "old" rules a few times, now I'm confused on what the actual differences are.

Blood Bowl for your ears!
Slinky
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Slinky »

JDub wrote:So there are only 13 differences from the old rules document that was on the GW site compared to the new one?
NO. There are only 14 differences between LRB 5.0+ and LRB 6.0. LRB 5.0 to 6.0 has several changes. Reasons folks say 13 is that was the original number. BBRC added a quick fix to Riot at the buzzer for 14 total changes.

Get your hands on a copy of LRB 5.0+ (tons of people have it as it was approved by GW to be released to the playtesting public). Once you have THAT document (not LRB 5.0) than these are the 14 changes to get to LRB 6.0 or as GW is calling it BBCP.

1) Flesh Golems on Necro back to LRB 5.0 110k

2) Master Chef for Flings back to LRB 5.0 100k

3) Deeproot to 300k

4) Morg to return to LRB 5.0 430k

5) Glart to 210k

6) Fezglitch to 100k

7) Eldril to 200k

8 - Zzharg to 90k

9) Dolfar to 150k

10) Crazy Igor to 120k

11) Bertha Bigfist to 290k

12) Pass Block:
A player with this skill is allowed to move up to three squares when the opposing coach announces that one of his players is going to pass the ball (but not a bomb). The opposing coach may not change his mind about passing once Pass Block's use is declared. The move is made out of sequence, after the range has been measured, but before any interception attempts have been made. A player may not make the move unless able to reach a legal destination and may not follow a route that would not allow them to reach a legal destination. A legal destination puts the player in a position to attempt an interception, an empty square that is the target of the pass, or with his tackle zone on the thrower or catcher. The player may not stop moving until he has reached a legal destination, has been held fast by Tentacles or has been Knocked Down. The special move is free, and in no way affects the player’s ability to move in a subsequent action. The move is made using all of the normal rules and skills (for example, having to dodge in order to leave opposing players’ tackle zones.) Players with Pass Block may use this skill against a Dump Off pass. If a player performing a Pass Block in their own turn is Knocked Down then this is a turnover, no other players may perform Pass Block moves, and your turn ends as soon as the results of the pass and the block are resolved.

13 - Special Play Card clarification: Once you have randomly drawn a card you may conceal the result until played but you may not exchange or trade it in for another card.

14 - Revised Riot wording for Kick-off Table:
The trash talk between two opposing players explodes and rapidly degenerates, involving the rest of the players. If the receiving team’s turn marker is on turn 7 for the half, both teams move their turn marker back one space as the referee resets the clock back to before the fight started. If the receiving team has not yet taken a turn this half the referee lets the clock run on during the fight and both teams’ turn markers are moved forward one space. Otherwise roll a D6. On a 1-3, both teams’ turn markers are moved forward one space. On a 4-6, both team’s turn markers are moved back one space.

I'm delibrately ignoring the changes to the names of the players on the Norse team made by the GW legal team. Not interested in their hatchet job.

DaImp
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaImp »

Thanks for that summary Slinky. I have been searching for exactly this info since the rules formerly known as lrb6 came out. :)

Jonathan Merry
Da Leeg Commissioner, Shaka Shield and SA Open Organiser
JDub
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JDub »

Slinky wrote:
JDub wrote:So there are only 13 differences from the old rules document that was on the GW site compared to the new one?
NO. There are only 14 differences between LRB 5.0+ and LRB 6.0. LRB 5.0 to 6.0 has several changes. Reasons folks say 13 is that was the original number. BBRC added a quick fix to Riot at the buzzer for 14 total changes.
So the rules document that was on the GW site before the new one that just went up was LRB 5.0 or LRB 5.0+?

DaImp
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaImp »

Have a look at the contents page, at the top of the page in big red writing it will tell you which version of the rules you have. :)
I am not sure exactly which version of the LRB was on GW's site pre this latest version.

Jonathan Merry
Da Leeg Commissioner, Shaka Shield and SA Open Organiser
JDub
Rookie
Rookie

Post by JDub »

DaImp wrote:Have a look at the contents page, at the top of the page in big red writing it will tell you which version of the rules you have. :)
I am not sure exactly which version of the LRB was on GW's site pre this latest version.
That isn't on the version I have. So I'm guessing it's probably just LRB 5.0 then.

Tim
Da Tulip Champ II

Post by Tim »

LRB5+ was never on the GW pages, as those rules were only experimental at that time.

The last version they had online was LRB5

"In NUFFLE we trust!" - Retired Inquisitor of Nuffle.
Father of the Halfling Scribe
Admin of the Kurpfalz Cup
Erik M
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Erik M »

I'm new and I'm confused.

There's those black and white and shabby ones on GW's site.

Which one is the correct one?

If a moderator sees fit to alter a post it would be nice to have that fact noted as it occur.

Search and you will be delivered; 092b85658e746a91d343e53509d357744e56f641
skritter
Veteran
Veteran

Post by skritter »

GW's one doesn't have the fluff.

Melbourne Blood Bowl Leaguer
Erik M
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Erik M »

skritter wrote:GW doesn't have the fluff.
It seem to miss on a lot else to, like author/s, contributors etc...?

Search and you will be delivered; 092b85658e746a91d343e53509d357744e56f641