range Ruler

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Dave
Info Ed

range Ruler

Post by Dave »

How do you rule range ??

From the base of the throwing player to the base of the catching player

or

From the base of the throwing player to the square the catching player is in

or

etc

We use from middle of square to square (don't ask me why, it kinda grew that way and it works quite well, hardly any talk) but I'm thinking of making my own BB pitch and use dots instead of squares.

(the dot indicates where the middle of a normal BB field's squares should be. This makes range ruling more easier ... (still with me?? ) I think hope this will improve the looks of the pitch. However the MArk Bedford (I think) pitch from BB mag III looks cool)

Reason: ''
Zy-Nox
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Zy-Nox »

Its pretty clear in the rules,
But if you have difficulty,go from the centre of the bases.

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]Hall Of Famer[/url]
Novice Heretic
Wielder of the Trout of Nuffle Slapping
"I hope this makes sense,most things make sense in my head, but not to other people"
Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

LRB:
"Next the coach must measure the range using the range ruler"

No clarification as to how to measure it, but from the SLOW MOTION REPLAY just below that and in the TTM rules section we can see the correct interpretation:

-the hole in the beginning of the ruler is placed to the middle of the square
-The line shown in the ruler is aimed to the middle of the target square

"The range ruler shows that this falls just on the boundary between ---, so the longer of the two ranges must be used."

In the example, the square is mostly under Quick pass, but still the ruling is that it's a short pass, therefore:

-Should the line between the ranges cross the target square, the longer range must be used.

The LRB has spoken.

PS. Just for the record, we've played so that the range where the majority of the target square lies is used.

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
Remco
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Remco »

In difficult measurements, we put the ruler on an empty piece of the board and mark the starting square and target square. Then we put the hole on the cross of the starting square. Then we look at the target square and see if the line is before, on or behind the same cross. On a before or on we go with the longer range, if it's behind the cross we use the shorter range.

Note to self: make sure to start every game with "PLEASE, DON'T KILL ME!!!!"
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Pah throwing, pick it up and run at the opposition with it, and then hit them on the way past.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

For difficult measurements we just move the models. They don't mind :D

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
SBG
Super Star
Super Star

Post by SBG »

We go from center square of the thrower to center square of the receiver. Who ever touches the range ruler (beteween thrower-receiver) may intercept.

Fred

LQN Commissionner and now 7-time champion!
Rustycan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rustycan »

In our league, we place the clear hole of the range ruler over the passers head and then measure to the receivers head. Without moving the minatures, so if the minature is not in the middle of the square then it is just where his head is. (For the moment of course, once he gets hit after catching the ball the head may end up in a different square!! :lol: )

When I was a kid, my father used to say the two worst things in the world are Ignorance and Apathy,
Well I dont know and I dont care!!