Which team for a passing offense?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Which team for a passing offense?

Skaven
19%
Wood Elves
36%
High Elves
32%
Dark Elves
8%
Human
2%
Orc
No votes
Norse
2%
Lizardmen
No votes
Chaos
No votes
Amazon
2%

Total votes: 53

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

no your ogre throws players across the pitch, I was implying about throwing players across the room. seen it done b4 kind of funny that people can get that worked up over a game :)

Reason: ''
vorner23
Veteran
Veteran

Post by vorner23 »

I've seen a friend who will remain nameless.... throw some of his beautifully painted minis across the room while screaming like a banshee. (We are talking a golden demon runner up painter!) All because they died under a hail of gunfire.... little harsh.

But I know what you mean.

I think he's onto his 5th playstation controller now after the same anger/throwing ritual was transfered from wargaming to station gaming.

Haar
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Haar »

I voted for the woodies. As a long bomb team, they're the best. They don't, however, have the same set of options when they need to run the ball or play a strong defense the way other teams can. But in my opinion, they've got the best passing game on the pitch.

Zy-Nox
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Zy-Nox »

If it has pointy ears it has a good throwing game,
I prefer to run the ball no matter which team,as I tend to roll bad dice

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]Hall Of Famer[/url]
Novice Heretic
Wielder of the Trout of Nuffle Slapping
"I hope this makes sense,most things make sense in my head, but not to other people"
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

I roll good dice, they just tend to give bad results ;]

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I voted Norse, as that's the team I've used most, and having both your throwers and catchers with Block skill doesn't hurt.
There again, the only other team I've used regularly is the Undead (3 games :o ) so I'm not drawing on a lot of experiance here :roll: .

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

Grumbledook wrote:Then you have teams with throwers but have no catchers, the orcs spring to mind and also the new khemri team, can't see much use for a thrower in these teams until you have developed someone a bit better for catching, but well i spose you can try the passing game with them.
I disagree. Orcs have one of the best catchers in the game: goblins. And they have up to 4 of them. I agree with Khemri, and i'd add dwarves to that list.

sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

I voted skaven. I love on mine, Thrower with big hand and gr with +1 mv, vll, and a 3rd advance. All i would need with that team is +1 ag on the thrower and let the insanity commence.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.
Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

For a start up team I'd say humans can afford the passer/catcher combo with blitzer to protect them while the elves tend to rely more on linemen early on.

Later on, it's the High Elves hands down. They have decent armor, AG 4 on both ends and skill rerolls on both ends. Coached well they can do amazing things.

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

As the dwarves weren't on the list, I had to vote for the second best passing team... wood elves.

Granted, elves won't have too many position players at start, making them perhaps a bit weaker in passing game than their more skilled-up adversaries, but when they have their passers and catchers, there's no doubt about it.
Whether it's the high or the wood elves, is a matter of taste - IMO one point of movement makes the difference for the woodies.

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
l_dauguet
Legend
Legend

Post by l_dauguet »

where are the gobs n the poll????? :pissed:

Next time I win !!!
Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

Skaven do not run a good passing offence since the change to handoff. They used to be able to run a fearsome passing offence using a link man or 5/8th. These days a passing offence requires more long passes and passes to marked recievers.

Humans develop a powerful passing game, as do high elves. Wood elves have a good passing game but seldom need to use it as their speed around the pitch generally ensures they can play a strong running game.

Marcus - [url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=42448#42448]Hall of Famer[/url] - [url=http://www.irwilliams.com/ecbbl/index.php]Edinboro Castle Blood Bowl League[/url]
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

God i would hardly say my goblins use a powerful offensive passing game, they have enough trouble picking it up let along passing ;]

DaImp
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DaImp »

For me the Wood Elves have the ultimate offensive passing game. The combination of the highest starting movement and agility in the game gives them the ability to split open any defence. Sure they have defensive frailties, but thats another topic.

Jonathan Merry
Da Leeg Commissioner, Shaka Shield and SA Open Organiser
Remco
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Remco »

I voted High Elves over Wood Elves, because they both have excellent movement on the position players, but Lion Warriors are harder to knock over. You'll need at least two players to knock over a block/dodge LW, which will leave holes in the rest of your defence.

Note to self: make sure to start every game with "PLEASE, DON'T KILL ME!!!!"