Lizardmen?

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Helian
Rookie
Rookie

Lizardmen?

Post by Helian »

I'm going to join my local BB league, and I'm thinking of using the Lizardmen. Has anyone out there ever used this team? They seem to have a nice balance of speed and strength. Are they too overpowering with 6 S4 players? They don't seem to have much of a passing game, though.

Helian

Reason: ''
McDeth
Legend
Legend

Re: Lizardmen?

Post by McDeth »

Helian wrote:I'm going to join my local BB league, and I'm thinking of using the Lizardmen. Has anyone out there ever used this team? They seem to have a nice balance of speed and strength. Are they too overpowering with 6 S4 players? They don't seem to have much of a passing game, though.

Helian
Hmm i think Sputnik and Venomous Breathe seem to be the current experts in this area. Considering they won Spiky and ressurection with Lizardman Teams between them

Zy-Nox
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Zy-Nox »

They are strong and fast, but can munch through re-rolls as they dont have many skills,try to start with three rr as its a league, and dont try throwing with the Krox or saurus :wink:

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]Hall Of Famer[/url]
Novice Heretic
Wielder of the Trout of Nuffle Slapping
"I hope this makes sense,most things make sense in my head, but not to other people"
Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

well, i dont think that they are unbalanced but :

Res Champion=>Lizardmen
Spiky Champ=>Lizardmen

I thik that Undead are too powerfull but not Lizardmen. This is a good team but they can be defeated.

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon »

The only thing I have to say is: lizards seem to be a strong team but aren't easy to coach... I've also won a tournament and finished 2nd in our league, but I lost lots of matches before that happened. Having ag1 on most players is a problem.

Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

"When the coach is good, they are very very good
When the coach is bad they are horrid"

Pretty much been my experience with Lizzies

Marcus - [url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=42448#42448]Hall of Famer[/url] - [url=http://www.irwilliams.com/ecbbl/index.php]Edinboro Castle Blood Bowl League[/url]
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

Thats all very well and good marcus but were they very very good or horrid? :wink:

Venomous Breath
Captain Chocomel

Post by Venomous Breath »

Lizardmen are a very fun team to play..but it takes a lot of practice to get the hang of them...I have been using Lizardmen since they were experimental..and I lost big to start with. Nowadays I can win around 80-90% of my games.... :)

Ok quick overview, but please keep in mind this is only my view of them.

Skinks have great speed. Use your Saurus to blast a hole then send as many skinks through that hole as possible, and mop up any tackle zones with any remaining Saurus. Use your skinks speed to race passed the opposition. If you are playing a fast team (Wood Elves, Skaven etc) slow down a notch and follow the Saurus wall until you are within reach of the endzone.

Defensively I often have problems, the trick is getting the positioning of your strong players correct. Use the saurus to destroy and cage the ball carrier has, then swarm with skinks.

oh...and never pass...much better to run hand-off and run some more...

Kinda hard to explain any more without diagrams, blackboards etc....
good luck if you choose to following the Scaly way of Sotek... 8)

The Ghost of Blood Bowl past
sean newboy
Legend
Legend

Post by sean newboy »

Like the others who play lizzies say. Expect to lose alot in the early games they are like chos. Eventually tho u should have a base core team that can hit strong teams and out finesse the agility teams.

Hermit Monk of the RCN
Honourary Member of the NBA!
NAF Member #4329
Vault = putting in a 4 barrel Holley because the spark plugs need gapping.