NAF Coach Rating System

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

High & Mighty
Veteran
Veteran

Post by High & Mighty »

Joshua Dyal wrote:In the NFL yes, but in the NCAA no -- different divisions don't really play each other much except as preseason "exhibition" games. Yet they still get ranked against each other. There's gotta be a way to do it, I think.

But, like I said, I'm not really much of a sportsfan, so I don't know enough of the details to know if it'd work.
But in the case of the NCAA, it's voted on by the coaches and journalists each week and when summed together, the teams are ranked by votes. Very ad hoc and until Blood Bowl gets journalists, no way to really implement.

In the case of the NCAA basketball tournament, a bunch of gray-haired anglo-saxon males get in a room together and decide who is better than whom and get a list of 64 teams (well actually 65 now) in order to seed everyone to start the tournament.

Nothing scientific in how the NCAA operates (and some might say a bunch of monkeys could do better).

And we're not even touching Bowl Games. There's even less sense in that.

Reason: ''
neoliminal
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by neoliminal »

Joshua Dyal wrote:Hey, wouldn't it be more fun to base the ratings on something used in the real sports world rather than chess? Or does the NFL use stuff very similar to this? I'm not really much of a sports can, so I can't tell you how teams are ranked and rated in the the sports world.
The NFL has only 32 teams. The NAF is likely to track thousands.

Reason: ''
[b]NAF Founder[/b]