Classic Childhood Games of Brutal Beatings

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Classic Childhood Games of Brutal Beatings

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

This was posted in the kicking thread but I wanted to get some feedback on it...

I was standing in the shower thinking about stupid crap and i thought up a BB mod called...

Get the Git!

It's sort of a version of Smear the Queer. (Anybody else play this as a youth?)

Basically it's Blood Bowl but for a TD you need to injure the snotling and then put both the snot and the ball in the endzone. If the the snotling gets hurt on his own (failed dodge or GFI etc) and one team moves the ball into the endzone the team with the ball in the endzone must move the snotling body back to their own endzone, receive a new snotling and injure him. If the snotling is pushed out of bounds he is thrown back in just like the ball but at a distance of 1D6.
The moving player moves the snotling immediately after his turn unless the snot is hurt or dead in which case the snot must be carried around like the ball. The snotling treats all KO results as stunned.
To begin the game the snotling starts in the receiving team's endzone center square.

I think it would work better with the second edition boards because the 2 square deep endzone will help protect the ball carrier who is waiting for the snotling.
Anyway, that's all the further I got in the shower. Any ideas?

Reason: ''
Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

I don't even want to know what else you think about in the shower. :puke: That little tidbit I could have done without. :oops:

Loved Smear the Queer!

Can anyone carry the snot?

Is the ball in any way connected to the little guy or is he there just to give anyone interested in scoring 2 things to worry about.

Do you get casualties just for smashing the snot out of the snot?

sounds like the snot moves immediately after each player's turn. How about having him use the scatter template or something to simulate him being drugged up or so terrified he doesn't know where to run. That or get a direction and he has to run it a straight line for as many squares as he has movement. He can run off the sidelines but he has to stop if he runs into another player.

Sounds kind of fun.

Lucien Swift
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lucien Swift »

i'd forget the ball and just make the snot the objective... have him move randomly while free, have an agility roll required to pik him up, and then let the little creep roll each turn to escape and scatter about...

might be fun

Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Snots-

Can anyone carry the snot?

Sure, ok. lol

Do you get casualties just for smashing the snot out of the snot?

Oh yeah! Of course!

Is the ball in any way connected to the little guy or is he there just to give anyone interested in scoring 2 things to worry about.

I think I like Lucien's suggestion of just forgetting the ball (or tying it to the little bugger!) and your suggestion of having him move in a random direction.
Thanks guys.

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

I agree with the Snotling being the ball. As for the random movement ... he should move randomly but always for the full 5 ... he shouldn't stop.

Galak

Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Now that I think about it that's funny, Galak! I can see him running, terrified, ball chaned to his leg, he looks over his shoulder to see if the Chaos Warrior is gone. He looks forward again just in time to smash, full speed, into Morg `N' Thorg. As he lies there, swooning, Morg picks him up by the ball (HAR!) and chucks him down field!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

sounds like what used to happen to me at school

Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

When I first read it I pictured a trembling snot with a ball duct taped to his back. I love the chain picture now. Thanks. I'm going back to work with a :D on my face.

Thom
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Thom »

Awesome! The visuals I am getting are fantastic! Picture a square field with four different goals (as opposed to endzones) and four teams. The Snot is released in the center of the field, use the scatter template to see which way he runs. Then use the Throw-in Template with the sideline perpindicular to his path to see if or which way he turns. Any Snot making it to the sideline (not to a goal) and avoiding the crowd is allowed to live. A new Snot is chained to the ball and you start over at center field.
Maybe there should be goal posts so that you could attempt field goals, booting the Snot through the uprights!
Maybe you could get extra points for spiking the Snot after a goal!
In the event that the Snot is torn in half, the part with the ball attached is the only part that counts for scoring. . .
This is way too cool. . . My violent side is showing!

Hm m m How about an "Arena Ball" version with 5 man teams. . .
Or an "Elfball" version on that nifty round field!

Thom. . .

[color=red][size=150][i]Nuffle Agnostic [/i] [/size] [/color]Does Nuffle [b][i]Really [/i][/b] exist?
I dunno. . . But I suspect not!

Rescue the Zoo Crew!
Thom
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Thom »

I can't stop thinking about this one. . .
If you used the square field then you could put the goals in the corners, leaving the sidelines as the snots objective. Your team tactics would require you to cover the sidelines to prevent the snot from escaping and still defending your goal to keep someone else from scoring. . .
Wow, this could be a lot of fun!

Thom. . .

[color=red][size=150][i]Nuffle Agnostic [/i] [/size] [/color]Does Nuffle [b][i]Really [/i][/b] exist?

Rescue the Zoo Crew!
Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Hillarious! lol A snotling hunt.
How about if the snot reaches the sideline then you start with 2 snots in the center and if both of them reach the sideline you start with 3 on so on and so forth! lol I don't know if I have the time to develop this but I feel like I should.

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
Thom
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Thom »

What could you call it?

Snotball?
Snot Smear?
Smear the Snot?
Snot Dodging?
Snot Jam?
Snot Bowl?
Blood & Snot(s)?
Snotling Bashing?

*Laughing*
Sorry, I am finding this way too amusing. . .
But I can visualise this so damn well!

Perhaps, to give the Snotlings a better chance, you could put obstacles on the field, things like walls with low Snotling sized holes!
Maybe some wooden barrels for them to cringe in whilst big guys roll them about!
There would have to be a cage with a ready supply of Snotlings, maybe it should be called a "Snot Locker"?
If too many escaped you would have to call the game until more could be found!

Thom. . .

Rescue the Zoo Crew!