BB mag 4 & Vampires

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Planatgenet

Post by Planatgenet »

How about his for a new OFAB rule. If a Vampire is in any of the wide zones he has to roll a dice. On a roll of a 1 he has been enticed into the crowd by some beatiful maidens neck. Immediatley roll on the injury chart as though the vampire had been pushed from the pitch.

The reason I think the rule should be like this is because there was a did you know .... which said a complete vampire team had been lured into the crowd by the opposing teams fans and then staked. Plus its a rule that means the coach has some control over it, yet it is a very distinct disadvantage for vampire teams.

PS I still think my vamp team is the best as it is simple and not overly powerful and more importantly it is different from every other current Blood Bowl Team.

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

plasmoid wrote:I do however have a suggestion on how to include the bloodlines in the game: Make a vampire lord _star player_ representing each blood line. One might very well base these on Galaks excellent vamp teams.

I really like Galaks teams, and their 50/50 win record sound promising.
Interestingly, I too have been working on a vampire team, and for a very long time. It has been through 5 incarnations, with about 50 test matches for each.
What is interesting is that the resulting team is quite similar to the teams that Galak has arrived at!
I like to give credit where its due. The Blood Line Vampire teams in the MBBL2 are based on the Vampire teams that Chet/Acerak created. They've been altered significantly based on playtesting in our league, but they started from his original suggestions. Just wanted to make sure credit went where it should.

Galak

Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

This might explain why i hate them (the vampire teams i mean).

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Hey Zombie, why don't you tell us how you really feel. :roll:

The TBBf is back! http://tbbf.obblm.com/
Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

Zombie, is your real name Holden Caulfield ? :puke:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

Who's that?

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

Planatgenet wrote:How about his for a new OFAB rule. If a Vampire is in any of the wide zones he has to roll a dice. On a roll of a 1 he has been enticed into the crowd by some beatiful maidens neck. Immediatley roll on the injury chart as though the vampire had been pushed from the pitch.
Like it. Simpler than Cervidal's idea (which I do like...but think has no hope whatsoever of getting BBRC approval).

I think the whole ST4/AG4 thing is well out of order though. Standard vamps should get AG3. Yet to get BBMag4 (told the local shop should get it Monday).

The idea of the blood lines could be incorporated by giving a choice: your vampires may follow be of clan x, y or z...but no mixing your clans. The Vamps would follow a basic template of 6/4/3/9 and have a "clan skill".
That said...I have no idea on the fluff and really can't be bothered with reading up on it because I'm not even vaguely interested in WFB. SO why bother BBers with it?

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

Thadrin wrote:
Planatgenet wrote:How about his for a new OFAB rule. If a Vampire is in any of the wide zones he has to roll a dice. On a roll of a 1 he has been enticed into the crowd by some beatiful maidens neck. Immediatley roll on the injury chart as though the vampire had been pushed from the pitch.
Like it. Simpler than Cervidal's idea (which I do like...but think has no hope whatsoever of getting BBRC approval).
But that's not negative enough. It's easy to reduce the amount of your OFAB rolls under those rules. Thus it kind of artificually limits the vampire players operative area to the middle of the pitch. Better to have the vamps chase the thralls with COFAB. Which is an excellent rule, btw.
The idea of the blood lines could be incorporated by giving a choice: your vampires may follow be of clan x, y or z...but no mixing your clans. The Vamps would follow a basic template of 6/4/3/9 and have a "clan skill".
That said...I have no idea on the fluff and really can't be bothered with reading up on it because I'm not even vaguely interested in WFB. SO why bother BBers with it?
Exactly. Let's just keep the two worlds apart, shall we?

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

He's the synical, little, crazy man in Catcher in the Rye.
He hated everything too.

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

Pariah wrote:He's the synical, little, crazy man in Catcher in the Rye.
He hated everything too.
I don't know what Catcher in the Rye is. Cynical is always cool, and so is hating everything. Little and crazy are not my thing.

Pink Horror
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pink Horror »

Zombie amazes me all the time. His favorite movie is The Matrix. He says football was invented by Canada, and now he says he's never heard of Catcher in the Rye. He also thinks the core ideas of quantum mechanics are a load of crap. What sort of upbringing could produce such a monster?

Boy, I wish I never heard of Catcher in the Rye. People make too many references to it, and I didn't like reading it. And I can agree with Zombie on hating everything. :wink:

IMO, vampire teams don't just need to be balanced. According to the fluff, they ought to lose as frequently as Halflings. As long as the team is competitive compared to the core teams, it is too good. My idea of a vampire team would be a bunch of old-timers who try to play Blood Bowl by a friendlier, non-violent set of rules. Maybe my team wouldn't be able to sell minis to power gamers, but it would be fun.

Pink Horror

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Pink Horror wrote:IMO, vampire teams don't just need to be balanced. According to the fluff, they ought to lose as frequently as Halflings.
God, if their anything like Galak's 'Flings they'll be unstoppable (says a coach who'll be lucky to walk away with 3 fit players against Galak) :roll:.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

I'm chuckling at all the Catcher in the Rye references. Maybe the BBRC guys need to be extra careful in hotel doorways..
Ho hum..I digress...
I think it'd be cool to have Vamp bloodlines published along the same lines as the Skaven in Clan Bowl.

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

Pink Horror wrote: IMO, vampire teams don't just need to be balanced. According to the fluff, they ought to lose as frequently as Halflings. As long as the team is competitive compared to the core teams, it is too good. My idea of a vampire team would be a bunch of old-timers who try to play Blood Bowl by a friendlier, non-violent set of rules. Maybe my team wouldn't be able to sell minis to power gamers, but it would be fun.
My thoughts almost exactly. Only part I disagree with is that the vamps itself ought to be powerful players, but their teamplay should suck. And the solution to this is probably some negative trait.

My suggestion in the house rules thread would be best if it wasn't considered too complicated by some people (even though it is only slightly more complicated than COFAB for example). So the best and apparently most widely accepted way to do this would be the COFAB-rule.

It has to be tried out in practice though - if vamp teams manage to do a lot better than halflings even with COFAB, then we should consider a harsher rule. Perhaps in addition force all the vamps to move first.

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Worst case scenrio, the Vamps take out all the Thralls. Are the vamps powerful enough on th own to win the match (assuming we're still using the 0-6 roster)?

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.