Chaos Dwarves, Back to the future

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

the use of :pissed: in reckless fashion i have seen today has had the desired pissed affect on myself. i think a temp ban is in order for anyone abusing them :/

Reason: ''
Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

You can't ban me!!!!!!!!!

I AM THE GOD OF HELL FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!

:pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed: :pissed:

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

Alas, you're correct.

Oh! You forgot one :pissed:

:wink: :cry:

Have fun!
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

child :/ 8)

Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

Er... sorry Grumbledook. Maybe Pariah and snots shouldn't sit next to each other. :wink:

Have fun!
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

yes a room has 4 corners (normally) i am sure i can find 2 dunces hats as well :D

Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

I'd rather be a dunce than a prude or a child than a boring old fart.

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

Joshua Dyal wrote:I don't necessarily trust polls either, but do you have a better source of data?
I just told you. Go read my post again, i'm not about to repeat.

Joshua Dyal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Joshua Dyal »

Zombie wrote:
Joshua Dyal wrote:I don't necessarily trust polls either, but do you have a better source of data?
I just told you. Go read my post again, i'm not about to repeat.
Yeah, but that's not data. There's nothing convincing in that "information." And it's odd that you make a point of not repeating your half-line source of "information" yet you still post a statement just as long to say that you won't repeat. :roll: Sounds needlessly argumentative to me.

[i]"Alea iacta est."[/i] Julius Caesar
Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

Then tell me what's wrong with my data.

Joshua Dyal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Joshua Dyal »

It's completely subjective and qualitative rather than quantitative. You haven't proved anything other than that you get a "vibe" from a certain forum, which may or may not be frequented by more than a few dozen posters, really. Statistically speaking your "data" is completely irrelevant.

Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

First, it may be just "a couple dozen people", but it's the best sample we have. Just because the sample is small doesn't make the analysis anymore incorrect. Second, it's purely quantitative on the contrary, since i'm talking about the number of questions asked and answers given, and not the content of said questions and answers.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Zombie, how do we know they're not all you under assumed names. :wink:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Maybe, to get a semi-accurate number of the teams people play/prefer it could be added to the profile screen. 2 questions added:

1) What is your current favourite team?

2) Which team do you play most?

Not scientifically accurate I know, but a (useful?) source of data.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Joshua Dyal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Joshua Dyal »

Zombie wrote:First, it may be just "a couple dozen people", but it's the best sample we have. Just because the sample is small doesn't make the analysis anymore incorrect. Second, it's purely quantitative on the contrary, since i'm talking about the number of questions asked and answers given, and not the content of said questions and answers.
True, it's better than no evidence. But you discount what appears to be better evidence in the case of polls, which I wonder about.

And it's not quantitative, as you haven't actually counted to questions -- you're just going on a general memory that it seems to be a lot.

In addition, you discount the fact that online enthusiasts of the game probably aren't really demonstrative of the actual population of BB players around the world. By default, we play the game differently than most and take it more seriously than most. Otherwise we wouldn't hang around places like this! Image