Blood Bowl Boards

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Morg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Morg »

Joshua Dyal wrote:How do you paint the lines on the pitch and make them straight, I wonder? That's be the hardest part, I'd think.
That was almost the simplest part: plot the lines on a plastic foil, attach it to the board and spray it white or black. Needs around 2-3 cans of paint.

Reason: ''
Joshua Dyal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Joshua Dyal »

A plastic foil? What do you mean?

[i]"Alea iacta est."[/i] Julius Caesar
vorner23
Veteran
Veteran

Post by vorner23 »

What he means is that you cut the template for the lines and then spray through it i think.
Leaves the lines on the board.

Coach Barry
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Coach Barry »

That´s how I did mine, but it wasn't plastic foil, it was cardboard!!! :D

After a full length beating, one must think that no matter how miserable you are, an uncertain life is better than a certain death!
GenoNBBL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by GenoNBBL »

I've made a basic BB pitch for my current Chaos team. All I did was grab a GW battle mat, cut it into 4 (which ironicly is enough for 4 BB boards) and stuck it on some wood. I then painted the lines on the pitch, made a scoreboard an viola! Job done.

I'm going Rotter's mad at the moment and I want to eventually make a home stadium for the Nurgles Rotters. Does anyone have any idea's suggestions?

While I'm waiting for the team I'm working on the coaching staff :)

Morg
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Morg »

Yes vorner23 you are right. We used self-adhering plastic foil and were lucky to get our hands on a plotter which made the lines perfect.

But other methods like the cardboard will also do fine. After all the fun you have with the game counts and not the straightness of your markings.

Follow this link to see the production work in progress. It's the page of a friend of mine who is really good at making stadiums - http://bloodbowl.beckerf.de/html/stadiums.html.

Coach Barry
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Coach Barry »

I want to tell everyone that I used cardboard because I couldn't bafford anything else, but the lines are very straight indeed!!

After a full length beating, one must think that no matter how miserable you are, an uncertain life is better than a certain death!
GenoNBBL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by GenoNBBL »

So, does anyone have a template avaliable for the board sections anywhere? It'd save a heck of a lot of time if I can find one!