Blood Bowl Boards

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Dave
Info Ed

home-made-BB-board

Post by Dave »

Still check (I know it now) Journal 49. There are piccies of 3 boards, two different kind of boards.

The first one can be 'folded' into a suitcase kinda format. It has space for mini - boxes as well.

Be carefull for your fingers

Reason: ''
Pallino
Rookie
Rookie

Stadium

Post by Pallino »

I have found those pics.
I think those was published in some citadel journal... (?)

http://www.wobbles.de/galerie4.htm
http://bloodbowl.beckerf.de/html/floyds.html
http://bloodbowl.beckerf.de/html/amazone.html

Well, i hope that it could give you an idea!

Bye

PALLINO!!!!!
Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

Wow! Those are great! I feel so inspired now! I wish I had some time to work on it!

Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
vorner23
Veteran
Veteran

Post by vorner23 »

Those boards are utterly utterly cool. Especially the ones with the spattered gobbos on the dugouts. Fantastic!

This has inspired me too, to come up with some strange and unique design. Got to say the turn/score marker looks cool also. Cunning use of magnets perhaps?

The salami board idea pales in comparison.

Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

I've been entertaining similar ideas, and seeing the boards you posted really inspired me even more... but I'm currently struggling with a certain decisions:

Whether to

-make a portable (briefcase) model or a one that cannot be folded.
-Having the stands in there would be nice too, but would they be unpractical?
-What kind of dugouts should I make? And should they be located on the sides or the ends?
It's hard to decide... It's not a big deal, but I wouldn't want the board to be unpractical if I decide to spend time doing it.

Also I've been thinking I could make proper walls for our dungeonbowl board... Having just the paper floorplan really takes something away from the feeling...

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
Dave
Info Ed

BB Boards

Post by Dave »

Yep, these are the one's I meant.

I'm thinkin' 'bout a Norse - themed board myself (maybe even a board with a pitch at both sides, one Norse and one more regular??)

The field should look like ice, perhaps with big chunks making walking difficult .... hmmmm, got to think this out ...

vorner23
Veteran
Veteran

Post by vorner23 »

You got to really figure out where you are most likely to play BB?

If you always play at a club then as good as a 12 metres squared stadium might look it ain't gonna be used.

I'm thinking portable is the way to go with a few added extras. Actually, I've just had a fantastic idea. This may or may not work at all! You know those wallpaper tables which fold up with the legs on the inside?

Well they could easily be converted into a portable set. (Actually in work at the moment so I can't check the dimensions.) Provided they are not too big you could design a version with legs or without!

Hmmm going to check this out when I get home.

A stadium would be nice, but someone mentioned the practicality of it. The stands would get in the way of trying to move stuff on the pitch. True. But also there is the problem of what do you fill the stands with? Personally I think it only looks good if you've got fan models in the stands. And lets face it they are impossible to get hold of! Yes you can use your WFB army and line them up..... but what is an army doing in the crowd? Just looks a little weird no?

Well jus some thoughts.

Joshua Dyal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Joshua Dyal »

How do you paint the lines on the pitch and make them straight, I wonder? That's be the hardest part, I'd think.

[i]"Alea iacta est."[/i] Julius Caesar
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

use a ruler and a set square!

Joshua Dyal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Joshua Dyal »

Do you have to make everything sound so easy? :wink: I guess using a square template to get the crosses out wouldn't be so hard. Or at least, it sounds concievable, if not easy.

[i]"Alea iacta est."[/i] Julius Caesar
Coach Barry
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Coach Barry »

To all of you people!!

Now comes my really hard and strong laugh...

I HAVE A STADIUM!!!!

URRRRRAAAHHHHH!!!!

Unfortunately, it's not finished... yet. It needs paint and all the extras that are very time consuming. But the stands are ready and the pitch is also finished, well... almost.
I'm a Reavers fan, so I built the "Kaiser Stadium", Reavers' new 200K capacity stadium. It is little over a square metre and stands about 45cm tall. The story is that after winning another BB trophy they decided to move from Oldbowl. Thus using all the wizards from Altdorf's College of Magic, a new imperial stronghold with dwarven engineering, the Emperor's aproval, and a veritable mountain of gold coins, they built their new home. It is right in the centre of the city, has a wider and deeper field, 28 by 17 squares. A HUGE cannon will be placed on one of the towers (it was built based on a stronghold which was magically altered to have fully covered stands, no more rain on the viewers thing!!). The cannon shoots everytime the Reavers score. It is said that you can hear the mighty cannons' roar 5 miles away.

After a full length beating, one must think that no matter how miserable you are, an uncertain life is better than a certain death!
Coach Barry
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Coach Barry »

Anyway, I've made two fields, both are made of static grass because painted sand or even flock chips the paint away. My stadium has two types of grass, two coloured pitch. Football lovers know that the grass is cut in two different directions, giving that effect. And it has the Imperial eagle painted in the line of scrimage. The white lines are painted using white spray and cardboard. The cardboard is cut in the shape of the line, this gives a lot of work but conpensates with the look in the end. The squares are marked with black dots made with a felt marker.

After a full length beating, one must think that no matter how miserable you are, an uncertain life is better than a certain death!
Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

Coach B: a picture of it?

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
Coach Barry
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Coach Barry »

I have a test tomorrow, I'm in college so I don't have the time right now but I am gonna post it here. BTW how do I post pictures here?

Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

upload the picture to some webspace and then click the Img button when u are making a post, put the web adress for the picture in and then press the Img button again.

Use the preview button to test it first if you want.