A few questions...

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

valedictor
Veteran
Veteran

A few questions...

Post by valedictor »

Hi guys,

Some LRB / undead questions...

Can anyone tell me the expected date for when the LRB will be updated to reflect the October Review amendments?

Will the two new undead lineups be official in the update?

Are skeletons available to the necromantic lineup? From what little i have seen, they are now only for Khemri? Seemed to me a little odd to omit them from an undead team of any description really.. would it not have been pheasible to allow them for both lineups the same way goblins are allowed in goblin and orc teams, or would this have caused problems?

John 8)

Reason: ''
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

The October review will probably not be included in the LRB immediately this time around ... especially since the LRB 1.3 was just printed in hardcopy.

For this October, you'll most likely see two major things:
1) Official clarifications for the vague areas of the current LRB (most likely to see print in either BB Mag or BB Annual)
2) Possible new experimental rules .... maybe the new EXP proposed system; a redo of Chet's kicking rules; Secret Weapons; etc.

So don't expect to see a new LRB for a while. Neo said this pretty much in another thread.

The two new Undead won't be official until next year if then ... remember Experimental teams are just that Experimental .... they aren't guaranteed to even make it in the rules and could very likely change from testing.

Also no the Skeletons and Zombies don't need to be on the same team ... your example isn't working for me either .... a lot of folks don't want Goblins on the Orc team. Teams don't need two linemen ... just my opinion.

Galak

valedictor
Veteran
Veteran

Post by valedictor »

Cheers for your comments Galak,

Personally, i wouldn't classify a goblin playing for an orc team as a pure lineman analog. (unless the orc team in question is severely underfunded and is having to use gobbos in more physical positions of course) They are there to address the agility-based requisites of a typical orc team, and as such, their role and stats are appreciably different enough to that of a lineman orc so as to warrant their inclusion. I think that labelling them as just another lineman is somewhat inaccurate within the context of an orc team. )... probably closer to a catcher-type really, what with the extra movement and the ability to dodge their way into a clear space, plus possible later access to catch, d.catch, s.feet, sprint, etc...

Obviously when playing them in a goblin team, their role by neccessity changes somewhat (especially the 3 poor souls stuck on the line of scrimmage)...

If two+ different lineman types are in (your opinion) unneccessary, do you chose not to play one or the other in your teams? Would you always go with all skeletons or all zombies for example? I only play with skellys as linemen in my team (i just dont have any zombie models yet).. am i missing out tactically would you say? Are zombies the better lineman option to go for in your experience?

John 8)