BBRC requests TBB input on Vampire rule change for LRB 6.0

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Which version of Blood Lust would you prefer for LRB 6.0

Version 1: Action Change and Thrall Bite Badly Hurt Cap
70%
Version 2: Action Change
30%

Total votes: 195

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

For both SillySod's and kadu-c's questions ... the key part of the skill wording is:

"If the Vampire finishes moving"

====

Following up (or the option to do so) is moving (otherwise you could not use Shadowing on it).

Galak

Reason: ''
Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
kadu-c
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by kadu-c »

GalakStarscraper wrote:For both SillySod's and kadu-c's questions ... the key part of the skill wording is:

"If the Vampire finishes moving"

====

Following up (or the option to do so) is moving (otherwise you could not use Shadowing on it).

Galak
OK, so it was moving, not Moving. ;)
I get it.

Play Beach Bowl !!! :D (LRB 6 update)

NAF World Cup 2007 3rd place team
EuroBowl 2010 French Captain
spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

I voted for just the change of action, killing your own players is always funny.

I'd be very against any attempt to have vampires create thralls by biting them. I've always prefered the stories where it is rare and significant to create a new vamp and requires the sharing of blood rather than just anyone bitten becomes one. This is how it is in the warhammer world as well (yes i know they are supposed to be different).

But how about bringing in some of the new vampire fluff in which vamps are the primary spell casters and when they kill a thrall he comes back as a zombie?

Mad Jackal
Shaggy

Post by Mad Jackal »

I need to re-read the poposed changes to make sure I understand what they say before I answer.

I still can't grasp the changes to the actions things...I don't think

Impact! Miniatures Forum
Impact! Miniatures
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."

Icepelt is my Hero.
Virral
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Virral »

In the old rules if you fail OFAB all you can do is Move and Bite. So if you were blocking/passing/blitzing etc that move was wasted.

In the new proposed rule if you fail OFAB you are still free to complete your Block/Blitz/Pass etc and you will also need to bite.

Duke Jan
Legend
Legend
Location: Watching the great unclean armpits of a Beast Of Nurgle

Post by Duke Jan »

I decided to vote with the people with the right motivation. For me that was option B. Going to BH max would take away a big part of the thrill of playing Vampires. It's like poker, what's the fun if only a handful of gravel is at stake?

Nuffle Sucks!
CoachScott
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CoachScott »

Voted 1, making them a little more competitive will be better in the long run.

2 cents warning... I think the simplest and easiest change would simply be to auto-stun thralls, not roll for injury.

Mephisto
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Mephisto »

CoachScott wrote:Voted 1, making them a little more competitive will be better in the long run.

2 cents warning... I think the simplest and easiest change would simply be to auto-stun thralls, not roll for injury.
Yeah, I think that would be the best too. Or either that when the vampire goes lustie then the bite goes the following way:

1-3: Stunned
4-5: KO
6: Normal Injury

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

CoachScott wrote:2 cents warning... I think the simplest and easiest change would simply be to auto-stun thralls, not roll for injury.
I honestly think this would move them into Tier 1 which is not desired by the BBRC.

Galak

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
SillySod
Eternal Rookie
Eternal Rookie

Post by SillySod »

Mephisto wrote:
CoachScott wrote:Voted 1, making them a little more competitive will be better in the long run.

Yeah, I think that would be the best too. Or either that when the vampire goes lustie then the bite goes the following way:

1-3: Stunned
4-5: KO
6: Normal Injury
That would make them worse because they'ed KO more thralls. I cant see that explaining a whole new method for working out injuries is going to make the rule simpler either ;)

Victim of the Colonel's car boot smash. First person to use Glynn's bath.
Update: the Hartlepool family Glynn now has a virgin bath.

Barney is a clever dog.
fen
Legend
Legend

Post by fen »

GalakStarscraper wrote:
CoachScott wrote:2 cents warning... I think the simplest and easiest change would simply be to auto-stun thralls, not roll for injury.
I honestly think this would move them into Tier 1 which is not desired by the BBRC.

All due respect but, pfft to the BBRC then if they're worried about things creeping into T1, the Tiers are a subjective and artificial construct anyway and should in no shape or form influence individual decisions about teams.

Now if you were saying "This change would make the team better than Wood Elves/Dwarfs/Orcs/Humans/ Skaven" then we'd have a problem, anything else and it doesn't matter.

Have them be forced to bite a standing thrall (not a prone one - as what Vampire would sink themselves into scrabbling around in the dirt for food?) and auto-stun them. Voila, much neater than the messy wording of BL right now and it also keeps the risk that too many Vampires might = pitch losses. While also providing a reason to actually have 6 Vampires (if you're a gambler who likes long odds.)

It's worth testing at least.

Pakulkan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Pakulkan »

Option 1,

In Spain Vampire teams wasn't very popular, one of the main reasons is the weakness of the Thralls, increased by the injuries performed by their undead team mates.

I think this change will make vamps little bit more popular.

GREEN DOG FIGURINES

Follow us also in Facebook...
Duke Jan
Legend
Legend

Post by Duke Jan »

IMO the possibility of severe injuries from biting should remain, although I could live with it if the thrall doesn't miss the next match unless it dies. So SI turns into BH, Niggles and Stats decreases still occur, but don't lead to a MNG. Death is still Death. Repeated blood lets cannot be good for your form, so niggles and stats decreases are only natural.

Another option: reïntroduce ageing for Thralls.

Vampires will need very little boost to become T1 . I've seen what a good coach can do with them failing a more average number of bloodlust rolls and it's still scary. They are a high risk - high reward team, I think it's easy to reduce the risk too much.

Nuffle Sucks!
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

fen wrote:the Tiers are a subjective
Not anymore Fen.

The Tiers were hard defined as part of this years Rules Review ... so they are no longer subjective.

Average Win rate for a race overall in league play:

Tier 1: 55%-45%
Tier 2: 45%-35%
Tier 3: 35%-25%

Using this was how we determined what teams to look at one last time and which ones to leave alone.

Galak

Duke Jan
Legend
Legend

Post by Duke Jan »

With a win rate of 36% vampires already are tier 2, why the change?

Nuffle Sucks!