Ageing, how long should it take.

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

How many games should it take to age a player into retirement.

10-15
No votes
16-20
9%
21-25
22%
26-30
22%
31+
48%

Total votes: 46

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Zombie wrote:I don't think your idea would pass with the majority of Blood Bowl players worldwide.
I forgot one of the biggest things here. Its not my idea it was Marcus's idea with modifications by a lot of folks after that. So its not my idea ... does that help? :D

Galak

Reason: ''
manusate
Veteran
Veteran

Post by manusate »

Zombie wrote:Manu, you should just use a d16: they come in the box. You roll 1D6 and 1D8. The D6 gives you zero or eight. Add that to the D8 and you've got a D16. Simple and clean.
Next time I make a sarcastic comment or a joke, I´ll try to remember to add a winking smiley or something. Looks like some people here really need it.

Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

Well, it doesn't look like a joke when you say that you have to look everywhere for your D20. If you invented that, you have a pretty good imagination. It's nowhere close to the reality of the game.

Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

Zombie: I understand your desire to reduce complexity but rejecting this idea on the basis of dice rolls is a false economy. This system removes two disparate mechanisms and unifies them into a conceptual whole.

By putting together experience and aging you are essentially reducing by one the items on the post game checklist. The physical act of rolling dice is not an additional "complexity", making use of a number of disparate concepts is. This suggestion removes the MVP from the equation altogether, removes the counterintuitive link of skills to aging and replaces both with a system to simulate age and experience. That is a reduction in complexity regardless of dice rolled.

Marcus - [url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=42448#42448]Hall of Famer[/url] - [url=http://www.irwilliams.com/ecbbl/index.php]Edinboro Castle Blood Bowl League[/url]
Mumster
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mumster »

I don't think the dice rolls are too excessive. I've thrown this whole idea at a few players in my league and some liked it and others didn't. Maybe they didn't like it cause they don't like change...it's possible. Anyway I did get a response about the current points we get for a TD, completion, INT, etc. Aren't those representative of exp? Don't get me wrong the system is really nice on the ageing side of things and I don't care for MVPs at all.

About things being too excessive, if somebody gives you $20 are you gonna turn it down if it is 20 $1 bills and not a $20 bill. Not at all. I know I'm stretching here but the dice rolls are not that bad. If you are gonna play 2 to 3 hours of BB what's another 1-5 minutes?

manusate
Veteran
Veteran

Post by manusate »

If we are going to discuss the new EXP-AGEING rule we better start a new thread. Don´t you think?