Using the "correct" minis

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Ghost of Pariah
Legend
Legend

Post by Ghost of Pariah »

I said that because you said that vbideo games allow things that aren't possible on a table top but IMO there isn't a single video game that can't be replicated on the table top. Also i know you play StarCraft and consider it to be one of the best games out there.

Settlers of Cattan is actually very similar to StarCraft in that you gather resources to build your civilization. Cattan and Blood Royal aren't as combat oriented as some of the other but it's still table version of a pc rts.

Reason: ''
Traitor of the NBA!

I hate you all!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Joshu, I'd like to apologise for the rude phrasing in my earlier thread. :oops: I just got up after a bad nights kip cos of the kids, and wasn't at my best. :zzz: As you said, I am very unlikely to particpate in your league, and of course, your free to run it as you like. Basically, I was trying to argue how unfair this rule could be but unfortunately the word in my head don't seem to be the words I typed. I'd also like to say I agree with Galak's reply.

So Joshua, I apologise completely, and would like to offer a virtual handshake.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Trambi
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Trambi »

I'm waiting for my cool ogre mini ! :zzz:

Ogres are the only true Blood Bowl players !
Ogrewomen are the only true BB Cheerleaders !
Joshua Dyal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Joshua Dyal »

Darkson wrote:Joshua, I'd like to apologise for the rude phrasing in my earlier thread. :oops: I just got up after a bad nights kip cos of the kids, and wasn't at my best. :zzz: As you said, I am very unlikely to particpate in your league, and of course, your free to run it as you like. Basically, I was trying to argue how unfair this rule could be but unfortunately the word in my head don't seem to be the words I typed. I'd also like to say I agree with Galak's reply.

So Joshua, I apologise completely, and would like to offer a virtual handshake.
Hey, no problem. I wasn't really offended, but it did come off as rather more strongly than I would have expected. Nothing like some civility to restore order though, eh?

[i]"Alea iacta est."[/i] Julius Caesar
Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

Pariah wrote:Also i know you play StarCraft and consider it to be one of the best games out there.
I don't play Starcraft. I used to play Starcraft. I don't think i've played a single game in the last 6 months, and no more than 3 or 4 in the last year. I do think it's the best video game ever made, but i also think that many board games are much better (Blood Bowl, Axis and Allies, Settlers of Catan, Crimson Skies, and too many others to name).

You don't need to try and convince me, i've already said a few times that i believe board games are superior to computer games in many ways.