October review: two things that I strongly support

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

As a Norse coach, I'd take +1AG for catchers and throwers, +1AV for linemen, and I'd take Blitzers on a case-by-case approach, depending on which, if any, skill/traits they had already got.

With no players (excluding big guys and allies) with a better AV than 7 my linemen would take it like a shot so they could take some of the pounding they take on the LOS.

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

Well, my norse lineman would take the +1AG and give up his lineman position. He'd become a blitzer (the best in my team), a catcher (the best in my team) and a thrower (the best in my team), all at the same time!

Surely you can see that such a player is more useful to the team than an AV8 lineman who just gets pounded on the line.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Yeah, I can see an AG4 player would be useful (that's an understatment) but who's gonna protect him? My frontline seems to spend a lot of time off the pitch as my opponents always seem to roll 8's on knockdowns.

Maybe I ought to check for loaded dice :lol:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

I thought AV has always been capped at 10.

Have fun!
Mr. Sanity
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Mr. Sanity »

Zombie wrote:Well, my norse lineman would take the +1AG and give up his lineman position. He'd become a blitzer (the best in my team), a catcher (the best in my team) and a thrower (the best in my team), all at the same time!

Surely you can see that such a player is more useful to the team than an AV8 lineman who just gets pounded on the line.
Having an AG 4 player is all well and good, but if your players on the LOS are being sent to the dugouts while on D, that AG 4 player isn't going to be as useful to you. One of the biggest liabilites of the teams that have lots of AV 7 is that they suffer a lot of attrition of playes on the LOS which affects the entire remainder of the game (and leage as well). Having a way to slow the flow of attrition is very useful. Having a good dodger/thrower/catcher will not solve that problem. Having better AV and skills will. But then, a lot of these issues are influenced by one's coaching style. One man's bread is another's poison as the saying goes...

Toby

Post by Toby »

I found it verry interesting to have some "unusual" skills in the game when seperating any skill and trait.

For example a Human Thrower with Sure Feet instead of Strong Arm, those Skills are availiable on a Double right now, Splitting the Double in Any skill result and trait result makes Skill choices quite diffrent.