Experimental Rosters

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

David/Vesticle

Its not too late for you to take a Khemri for Season 2 of the MBBL and prove that the thing is just plain wrong.

Galak

Reason: ''
Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

Khemri is powerful, yes, but having played two games against them with my dwarves, I'd take dwarves any day. I won both games and I didn't even have troll slayers. And many of the mummies had Piling On! Block makes all the difference.

With some POn the mummies are horrible, and I've suggested in an another thread that the Skeletal Blitzers and Skeletal Throwers to be either toned down or replaced by some sort of a Skeletal Runner that's at AG2 -> just to make the first AG<3 team and to not allow them to counter their only defect by the better skeletons.

About those throwers and blitzers by the way:
I will ignore anyone saying they have some sort of magic helmets. I say they've been raised with a better spell that gives them more than "a rudimentary knowledge of the game"(Death Zone p.25).

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
Vesticle
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vesticle »

Depends on who you're facing too, Dwarves are pretty easy to beat if you're against a bad coach, and pretty near impossible to beat against a good one, I find. And also, like I said, Khemri don't develop well, and you obviously weren't playing with new-ish teams.

As for taking a Khemri team for Season 2, I guess I could... but I'd rather not. For one, I think Khemri wind up being at a disadvantage vs developed teams moreso than other teams, I think, and I'd be coming in with a lower TR. For two, they really aren't my style, and three, I really don't enjoy playing a team that I think is overpowered, or exploiting imbalances in the rules. Even though I know that's the whole point of this testing thing. ;) Maybe though, we'll see...

Zombie
Legend
Legend

Post by Zombie »

I'd play a Khemri team in your league if it didn't use PBEM and games didn't take weeks to play (more than 3 hours straight = no thanks).

I'd start them like this:
4 Mummies
1 Blitz-ra
6 Skeletons
1 FF (Undead and Khemri don't need money)
4 RR

Basic offensive strategy: blitz-ra holding the ball in a cage made up of 4 mummies! This could be fun...

Basic defensive strategy: kill them all!

Mummy development: pilling on followed by block. Since the mummies will be throwing mostly 3-die blocks and will almost never get hit, they don't need block as a first priority.

christer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by christer »

Having a Khemri team (3 games played) in FUMBBL, my initial reaction is along the lines of Vesticle's. They appear to be very overpowered at low TRs.

The necromantics seem ok to me (disregarding the fluff weirdness of them).

As for the mixed teams, they seem to be fine initially. Although noone has made a Lustrian team yet (out of 10 teams) which might indicate that they are considered underpowered.

Note that this is just an initial reaction which might change later on. I'll keep you posted.

Oh.. And personally, I think Piling On is a mistake on mummies. I'd rather go for block / guard / tackle or something along those lines.

-- Christer

FUMBBL - http://fumbbl.com
Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

Well - the fact that they had PO resulted in the fact that even with our AV of 9, my dwarves were rarely less than stunned after being knocked down by one of them.

BTW. I was playing with a rookie dwarven team against them, so that my second game was against a Khemri team on their second game, and my third game was against a Khemri team on their fourth game. Even with MB the mummies had accumulated those casualties at a very good rate and that rate went up the roof, I'm afraid, when they took POn.

IMO a skeleton team does not need something that's essentially equal to human throwers and blitzers (with slightly worse statistics).
The Ra's are so unimaginative they should be replaced by something that feels more skeletal.

DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

christer wrote:Oh.. And personally, I think Piling On is a mistake on mummies. I'd rather go for block / guard / tackle or something along those lines.
-- Christer
I disagree. PO is a great skill for mummies. Combined with MB you have ~50% of getting a KO or casualty against Av8 every time you put someone down.

Okay, so you can't get Jump Up anymore but there wont be too much oppostion left after a few turns of that punishment.

Ian

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

Personnal advice, take 2/3 Blitz-Ra, because your opponent will try to put him out. So if you have only one of those guys, you are too weak.
I played Khemri with this roster and i stated with 3 Blitz-Ra

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

i forgot, running a cage with mummy is fun but you will not go far away.
Mummys are good at destroying players in def, but in offense you squeltton will protect the 'mini' cage of yours Blitz-Ra.

Khemri is fun to play but you always feel on the edge.
I once succed in putting ALL the opponent team (cahos) out of the field (with only one foul) but sometimes in one turn you can have 3/4 of your players that get out...
Blitz-Ra are the Way!! have them, protect them!

christer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by christer »

I played Khemri with this roster and i stated with 3 Blitz-Ra
Not the same roster in that case. To my knowledge, you can only have 2 Blitz-Ras. Am I wrong here? I don't have access to a copy of bbmag #3 so I can't check.

-- Christer

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Christer they only have 2.

Galak

Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

GalakStarscraper wrote:0-2 on the 2nd pact team slot, removal of High/Dark Elves from pacts)
Gaaa! I'm halfway through my dark elf conversions for my Chaos Pact team... well... I guess I'll just have to make a complete team of them :)

And I'm definitely not disagreeing about removing the elves. But on the other hand - it seems really sad that they have to go even though they're most likely the overpowering factor of the team. Takes away from the pact concept. You could impose some other restrictions on them should one take dark elves - for example not being allowed to take allies from some other race.

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Christer they only have 2.

Galak

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

Forget all that i said, this is not the same roster...
Sorry :)

But take Thro-Ra and Blitz-Ra!!

christer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by christer »

FUMBBL just moved away from the original BBmag #3 rosters in favour of something that probably works better.

Necros:
0-2 Wights
0-2 Werewolves
Fleshgolems gain regenerate

Khemri:
0-3 Mummies
0-3 Blitz-Ras

Full rosters can be viewed at the FUMBBL Experimental Roster Page.

-- Christer