Experimental Rosters

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Devil's Advocate
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Devil's Advocate »

The Chaos Pact team can take Norse allies? Is this correct?

Reason: ''
Vesticle
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Vesticle »

Devil's Advocate wrote:The Chaos Pact team can take Norse allies? Is this correct?
Yes, that's correct.

One of the many reasons I don't like them, it's too many teams, IMO. Why are Norse allies for 2 different teams, and why do Chaos Pact have access to 3 Big Guys, and 6 different races (and why not CDs?), and Lustrians only have access to 3 different races, one of which the Chaos Pact team has the same access to?

The other thing, is even if the Chaos Pact and Old World teams are later balanced properly, they're boring... they're a mish-mash of players that wind up looking exactly the same, a bit of everything with no theme. A few big guys, a few strong guys, a few high AG guys and good ball handlers... I'm currently testing a Chaos Pact team, and even though I feel they're overpowered, I still don't like them. They're color-less, and have no distinct personality - something I felt with every other team I've coached, and something I enjoyed a lot in the game. Anyway...

Mestari
Legend
Legend

Post by Mestari »

Vesticle wrote:(and why not CDs?)
I've been thinking about this too... what if they are preparing the ground for making the CD's disappear like they did from WHFB - next rulebook comes out of print and suddenly there is no roster listed for them.

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3460]-[/url]Teemu
[i][size=67]Don't lynch me! I'm the captain of the carpet ship![/size][/i]
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Vesticle wrote:(and why not CDs?)
Well, if you're going by WFB fluff, big hat CD were never part of the Chaos forces, quite happy in their own lands. However, if you're talking about "proper" CD's, (you know, the mutated ones they were making models for in 2nd ed) then I agree they should be on the chaos pact team. Unfortunately "proper" CD "exist" even less than big hats do currently. :evil:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
christer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by christer »

Heh.. Here I thought I'd make the post and see what you people think of the modified necros. :)

But hey, I totally agree with Vesticle regarding the old world and pact rosters. From my perspective Old World teams are basically dwarfs with an elf or two. Chaos pacts are Chaos with a gutter runner and an elf Yeah, 12 marauders, but I'd say the three big guys take them up to par with chaos teams).

-- Christer

FUMBBL - http://fumbbl.com
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Sorry Christer, I was keeping my mouth shut.

I personally think you completely went the wrong direction. Swamping 2 BB Mag 3 Weres for 2 Ghouls is a catcher for catcher swap and makes sense and is a change I could support. But you removed 2 of the teams blitzers for an extra catcher position. Sorry, I don't like this at all. No team need 6 AV 7 catchers without Regeneration on a team with no apothecary ... .... this one isn't selling for me at all.

Galak

christer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by christer »

I sort of figured you wouldn't agree with this change. You want the Necros to be stronger while I want them to stay fast and "weak".

The thing is, with the speed of games played in FUMBBL, we have an opportunity to test things in a way that PBeM leagues can't.

And for reference, the coaches think this version of the necros is _much_ better than the original ones. We now have five active Necromantic teams.

-- Christer

Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

You go Christer. Give it to him! :wink:

Have fun!
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

snotsngrots wrote:You go Christer. Give it to him! :wink:
Hey Christer, I put the your roster, the one I made, and a version with a Werewolf for Ghoul swap. Whatever my leagues votes, I'll go with.

Galak

christer
Star Player
Star Player

Post by christer »

Hey Christer, I put the your roster, the one I made, and a version with a Werewolf for Ghoul swap. Whatever my leagues votes, I'll go with.
Thank you for giving it a chance :)

Would you be so kind as to post the result of the vote here? It would be interesting to know how it goes.

-- Christer

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

christer wrote:
Thank you for giving it a chance :)

Would you be so kind as to post the result of the vote here? It would be interesting to know how it goes.

-- Christer
Gave the league (40 coaches) 3 options which were:

Team 1:
0-12 Zombie 30k 4/3/2/8 Regen -- G
0-4 Ghoul 70k 7/3/3/7 Dodge -- G/A
0-2 Wight 90k 6/3/3/8 Regen, Block -- G
0-2 Werewolf 110k 8/3/3/7 Catch, Frenzy, RSC -- G/A
0-2 Flesh Golem 120k 4/4/2/9
Regen, Stand Firm, Break Tackle, Thick Skull -- G/S

Team 2:
0-2 Ghoul 70k 7/3/37 Dodge -- G/A
0-4 Wight 90k 6/3/3/8 Block, Regen -- G
0-2 Werewolf 110k 8/3/3/7 Catch, Frenzy, RSC -- G/A
0-2 Flesh Golem 120k 4/4/2/9
Regen, Stand Firm, Thick Skull -- G/S

Team 3:
0-4 Ghoul 70k 7/3/37 Dodge -- G/A
0-2 Wight 90k 6/3/3/8 Block, Regen -- G
0-2 Flesh Golem 110k 4/4/2/9 Regen, Stand Firm -- G/S
0-2 Werewolf 120k 7/4/2/8
Mighty Blow, Frenzy, Break Tackle -- G/S

Okay all teams have 70k rerolls and no access to
an apothecary.

====================================

Asked them to vote for which team they would rather use as the experimental Necro roster for the MBBL Season 2. I avoided putting any personal bias in the request to the league.

As of this morning, I had 13 votes out of 40 in.

Team #1: 1 vote
Team #2: 1 vote
Team #3: 9 votes
Declining to vote: 2

So I guess barring a large movement away from the current path, that we will be testing roster #3 in the MBBL. At the end of the week, I'll give you the final totals.

Galak

Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

I'm not in that constituency - yet, but maybe season three - but roster 3 was my choice too.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.