Picking a race

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Valen
Walking on the beaches...

Post by Valen »

I would say go for the wood elves, basically beacause it is different style of play and it will improve your overall BB skills. The others mentioned will just be like playing with your ugly undead. :zzz:

Up the elves!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

And I am guessing people who shout death to elves are just bitter from countless whoopings :cry: :cry: :puke: :cry: :cry:

Reason: ''

I'm coming at you with razor blades and lemon juice... I'm talkin' pain, boy. Searing, mind-numbing pain!!!
Rustycan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Rustycan »

Well in my case, I like the Norse team as I can relate to them. All the drinking and wenching and football is right up my alley. :cry: (Well it was until I got married, now all I have left of those 3 is football! Go Eskimos Go!)

When I was a kid, my father used to say the two worst things in the world are Ignorance and Apathy,
Well I dont know and I dont care!!
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Ignore the teams rules and stats, just go for the team whose models you like best.

My 1st team is Norse. I admit I don't particulary like the models that much, but I think they are the best of the current range. My next team will be Skaven, a completely converted team I'm buying of a mate. They were built from the Mordheim and WHFB plastic boxed sets and look really good. My next project is to re-make my Norse using the marauders boxed set.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

You don't like the Norse models and you like the Marauders?!?

To each his own I guess. I'd be interested in seeing those Skaven, though.

Have fun!
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

I have already said that i don't want to go for the wood elves, cause i don't like the models, i think they have silly poses and the hair looks a bit naff imho. I did almost go for dark elves a while ago, and i do quite like the high elves as well, but damnit I really like the models for the chaos dwarfs and the lizardmen teams, which is why i was going to plump for them, nothing to do with play style. Choas Dwarfs just look really cool, and i love the sneaky hobbos, so i guess my mind is made up now.

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

I guess it's a matter of taste, kinda like choosing between vanilla and chocolate, but I always thought the CD minis looked really stupid. They look like they're wearing Xmas decorations on their heads (the hats are bigger than they are). Anyway, I do agree that the WE do look a bit on the femmy side, but hey, they are elves after all.

GO STAMPEDERS!
DaFoola
Veteran
Veteran

Post by DaFoola »

Torg wrote:I do agree that the WE do look a bit on the femmy side, but hey, they are elves after all.
but for the love of god, not even woodies should look That femmy. hell, they look more "femmy" than the amazons. wood elves are the only team i have refused to play based on how silly i think the figures look. where did they get those wardancers? riverdance? they're arguably the best players in the game and they look like ballerinas.

by the way, what does "naff" mean, for those of us on the left side of the atlantic?

Colin
Legend
Legend

Post by Colin »

I like the old 2ed elf minis much better than most of the 3ed ones. If you want a good looking WE team, use 2ed elf minis, they look pretty cool IMO.

GO STAMPEDERS!
Grumbledook
Boy Band Member

Post by Grumbledook »

naff == kinda cheap and tacky looking, its something you scoff at and is generally considered undesirable

Thats enough english lessons from me now!

Grumbledook