Printed rulebook

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

will you be wanting a copy of the printed rulebook?

Yes
66%
No
34%

Total votes: 56

Andy Hall
Retired

Post by Andy Hall »

Hi,

I just want to clear a few things up.

Firstly, the LRB is not going away and it will remain free to download.

Secondly, the printed rulebook has not been made to 'cash in' on you guys. With the game having a major re-release we needed to make sure new players had the updated rules so the new rulebook was produced. As we were printing a new rulebook I thought it would be a good idea (also recommended by a few members of this very board) to make it available separately so existing coaches could buy one if they wanted.

So when we did the print run we made more copies than was needed for the boxed game and once these excess copies have been sold it will be a while before we reprint - this is why it will not be a permanent stock item. It's not an evil conspiracy to squeeze even more money out of the hobbyist it's just a cool thing to have so we wanted to make sure existing BB coaches had the opportunity as well.

As for the direct pleas to me to make sure its widely available, well, I am responsible for producing Blood Bowl product but have nothing to do with selling it. That is left to the sales companies - they forecast and distribute product. If it’s any consolation I often get as frustrated as you guys about it and sometimes if I shout loud enough stuff gets done (see the BBmag3 thread in the for sale section) but on the whole its there job not mine! If it were up to me I'd have copies of Blood Bowl hanging from the rafters in every GW and Trade shop but its not.
:cry:

Reason: ''
Andy @ Fanatic
DoubleSkulls
Da Admin

Post by DoubleSkulls »

I for one would like to thank Fanatic and GW for making a printed version of the rules available. Hopefully it will be a little more durable than my current copy.

Ian

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Post by voyagers_uk »

I'll echo that Ian, even though, despite Andy's efforts, I still have yet to receive my copy of BBMag3

:roll:

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

i would buy one...and two if a day it is translated in French...

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
longfang
Legendz Bedo Legend

Post by longfang »

Longshot wrote:i would buy one...and two if a day it is translated in French...

I would buy one... or two, if one day it was translated into French.

:wink:

[size=75]Del. [color=red]Tramp Champ. Media Tart.[/color][/size]

[url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14334#t=14334]Hall of Famer[/url]
Marcus
Da Tulip Champ I

Post by Marcus »

Except after "c"

Marcus - [url=http://www.talkbloodbowl.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=42448#42448]Hall of Famer[/url] - [url=http://www.irwilliams.com/ecbbl/index.php]Edinboro Castle Blood Bowl League[/url]
Haar
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Haar »

I probably won't buy a rulebook, since I just printed out the LRB. I would, however, buy a "bits set" if it were available. In the course of the last three years or so, I have lost some pieces (turn marker, scatter template, etc). Not enough to make it worthwhile to buy a whole new boxed set, but if some stuff were available for special order or on the web, I'd go for it.

CyberHare
Star Player
Star Player

Post by CyberHare »

Look at this, I get a sick for a week and when I come back there's a new printing of the rule book. :lol:

It'll be nice to have a printed copy of the official rule book. A printout is great but an actual book just feels a little more, well official.

As for Fanatic wanting to soak us for a few more dollars I have to roll my eye's and throw my hands in the air :roll: . Why is it that we complain that we're not getting any support for the game and then complain about it when it comes.? Huh? You just know that at the end of November people are going to be screaming because the copies that are available will be sold out.

And my doctor wonders why I have high blood pressure... :D

Brian St.James

Death Bowl IV - Only the best will survive!
Find out more at www.TheDeathBowl.com
The Commissioner
Rookie
Rookie

Post by The Commissioner »

I've been playing Blood Bowl for a decade now, and I've purchased just about every Blood Bowl related publication I could get my hands on, so I'll probably end up buying the latest copy of the "official" rules as well.

Against my better judgement, I recently made the mistake of buying the 2002 Blood Bowl Anual, which was out of date the instant I signed my MasterCard receipt. My theory is that buying Blood Bowl rule books is a form of gambling addiction. We all hope that maybe this time we've bought the winning rule book, the one that makes sense and will never change, but we know deep down that we're more likely to be hit by lightning on a sunny day. :smoking:

Regards,
The Commissioner.

"If you don't like the rules, wait 5 minutes and GW will change them."