Your Favorite Player

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Ryan
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Ryan »

The Story of Gary Kerr is somewere on here

I miss you Gary

Reason: ''
Strength 1 Halflings with Block will Rock your world
Lychanthrope
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Lychanthrope »

This thread looks to have the beginnnings of an EndZone article. Pics would be cool too! :)

Mad Jackal
Shaggy

Post by Mad Jackal »

Rolfe of the Dwarven Ruins. In a 3rd Edition league with the first two skill increases rolled randomly as a special rule.

He was purchase with the initial 1 million gold and lasted an amazing 6 seasons (something between 60 and 80 regular season games plus multiple play off appearnaces) before the team went into hibernation.

Rolfe
Dwarven Blitzer
5 3 3 9 Block, Thick Skull, Dodge, StandFirm, Strip Ball, Tackle even more to his credit, after earning his 51spp skill, Rolfe was the consumate team player and almost stopped earning spp altogether. He played the last 3 seasons at 60 spp (or +12 TR) for the longest time before a few post season matches work boosted him to 68spp.

I had tons of fun with Rolfe as he had the "free dodge" variety of stand firm, so he would dodge into the cage to stand by the ball carrier and say "Now what are you going to do?." I'd have a guard man behind him to
make it only one dice blocks against... and watch the opponents bang thier head against his helm.
o=opponent
g= guard longbeard
b=ball carrier
-=open field

-o-o-
grb--
-o-o-

Impact! Miniatures Forum
Impact! Miniatures
Galak 3:16 says "There is a point in time that a player really should read the rulebook."

Icepelt is my Hero.
malki
Veteran
Veteran

Post by malki »

Ryan wrote:The Story of Gary Kerr is somewere on here

I miss you Gary
viewtopic.php?t=11384&highlight=gary+kerr

here it is!

One of my faviourite player stories I've read here!

The Stunning Stoutfellows guide to causing casualties;
Roll Double Six to break armour, Great! Next roll Double one to stun. Repeat over and over!
jollyork
Veteran
Veteran

Post by jollyork »

Not to ruin the ending, but this is pure hilarity:
Gary is no more

He's gone up to that big old banquet in the Sky

He met his end on the end of a Chainsaw wielding Norse Lineman and we shalt remeber him in the Hall of Fame

Remember his Motto

"You've got my Sticky Bun"

www.OrdoFanaticus.com
duff
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by duff »

"Pow" Nokes
Human Blitzer
+St, +St, Frenzy, Sidswipe

Usually gets marked by 1 to 3 players to keep him out of the game. Those players don't annoy my real game plan...

I don't have to be faster than the Ogre, just faster than you!
OgreStan
Experienced
Experienced

Post by OgreStan »

Darkson wrote::pissed: Word of caution, if your player is still active, don't post their details here. :pissed:

Mine's on an old thread somewhere here, next game, he died.
Posted another one later, couple of games later, dead!
Posted a mates fave player (and league leader) somewhere (another forum I think), next game, dead.

Thanks for the warning Darkson but im afraid to say that Dipsy A.K.A "The Hulk" is still at large and very much alive.

But IF he does meet a tragic end i will be sure to post his obituary!!!! :lol:

The FREE Monthly Blood Bowl Magazine

www.endzonemagazine.com

"Stan" - Original BB short story writer
And somehow came 4th at the Monkey Bowl II
Pug
Legend
Legend

Post by Pug »

I shall pack a large lump hammer for the next match with Dipsy in it!

"In Dodge We Trust"
Igor Tahavanale
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Igor Tahavanale »

Back when Dwarfs had Ogres the New Moria Giants had a player called Drung "Stampy" Grimbogg. He was named (nicknamed) after Bart Simpsons elephant.

Stampy led the line as New Moria claimed 6 out of the first 7 majors in our league, and he was removed from the pitch less times than a fat man misses lunch. His favourite trick was standing over the opposition Big Guys and daring them to stand up again (often they refused), or chasing his nemesis "Stinky" (a gobbo) around the endzone (he never injured him either once!). He was the first Big Guy to ever score in our league, and when the Ogres were removed from the roster the OTHER players badgered me, as commissioner, to house rule him back on to the roster - he was liked that much!

Stampy was Ogre +... Block, Tackle, Guard, ST+1, Dodge (turned down another ST for this one), but for some reason he had character... nobody ever figured out why.

...either that or my ST5 Orc Thrower.... he's wasn't a popular chap!

Only Smarteez 'av Da Ansa
Glorian Underhill
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Glorian Underhill »

Roltes Shalebolt Dwarven Runner at fumbbl.

+AG, +AG, +MA, Block, Pro

That guy was the hammer. Without Re Rolls he won games single handed. Until that day an orc coach decided to niggle him first. Apo succeded and then foul him to death. I was furious and asked him why, oh why!!!!! And the Opponent just laughed at me and said that it was needed, because he just can do it.

Took some time to get over it. The Team never recovered from it though. :roll: My brother was no help. He said:

"Blood Bowl is not an RPG, it is an strategy game. Dont give the peasons names, you will only miss them."

Spike!ImageSchau - Der deutsche Blood Bowl Podcast
http://www.soehne-sigmars.de/feed/spikeschau/
Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

All these show why Stat increases should have been eliminated from the game for balance reasons. :roll:

Have fun!
Igor Tahavanale
Super Star
Super Star

Ah yes, memorable characters that players still talk about fondly years after they died, we should definately eliminate those abominations from the game :wink:

Snew
Legend
Legend

Post by Snew »

Igor Tahavanale wrote: abominations
Good word for them. I don't know why you bothered to say what you said though. Perhaps you disagree with my soapbox. 8)

Have fun!
Igor Tahavanale
Super Star
Super Star

I'm sure your soapbox is very nice. I do wonder why I'm not allowed to have one though... :wink: 8)

wesleytj
Legend
Legend

Post by wesleytj »

it's best not to argue with snew about all this...he and like 6 other people on the planet liked OSPA, so obviously he can't handle all this power-gamey evil player development nonsense this thread is revelling in like a bunch of evil, decadent capitalists or something.