Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » General Discussion » General Chat




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Guess which models GW will be releasing in 2018 (you can choose more than one)
Poll ended at Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:10 pm
Amazon 3%  3%  [ 5 ]
Brettonian 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Chaos Chosen 8%  8%  [ 13 ]
Chaos Dwarf 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Daemons of Khorne 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Dark Elf 7%  7%  [ 11 ]
Halfling 6%  6%  [ 10 ]
High Elf 6%  6%  [ 10 ]
Khemri Tomb Kings 3%  3%  [ 4 ]
Kislev 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Lizardman 7%  7%  [ 11 ]
Necromantic Horror 9%  9%  [ 14 ]
Norse 4%  4%  [ 7 ]
Nurgle 23%  23%  [ 37 ]
Ogre 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Shambling Undead 9%  9%  [ 14 ]
Simyin 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Slann 1%  1%  [ 1 ]
Vampire 1%  1%  [ 2 ]
Wood Elf 10%  10%  [ 16 ]
Total votes : 160
 
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Monthly Poll:Guess which models GW will be releasing in
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:11 pm 
Star Player
Star Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2002 10:06 am
Posts: 740
Location: Australia
Geggster wrote:

Quote:
But to assume the next team is Nurgle is pure subjecture on your part.


But is it Paul? Is it? :D

I am not leaking anything, but I am clear on the evidences as presented, intended or not, by GW.

I have a few reasons, and here's another:
Image

So I wouldn't put it down to conjecture.

_________________
=-) Babs (crotchety old, washed up has-been)
ex-BBRC member
ex-NAF AUS/NZ Tournament organiser


Make sure you have read the Feudball Novel.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Monthly Poll:Guess which models GW will be releasing in
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:24 pm 
Super Star
Super Star
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:53 pm
Posts: 1166
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic
If you must know, Andy made a crack about Reverse Centaurs during that interview and that Facebook post is him winding me up. It's an internal joke.


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_________________

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Monthly Poll:Guess which models GW will be releasing in
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:31 pm 
Star Player
Star Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2002 10:06 am
Posts: 740
Location: Australia
JT-Y - not all of it. The clue/hint is still valid and true, despite jokes about Reverse Centaurs and Mermen aside. As many have noted, none less than Mike Davies among them, Nurgle fit that bill more than any other currently released team does (i.e. in a Death zone supplement).

In other news:
"Troll is [a] forgeworld release, has different hands from the foot hand [as options].
Confirmed at Longbeard Cup 2017 during a presentation by Andy Hoare."

_________________
=-) Babs (crotchety old, washed up has-been)
ex-BBRC member
ex-NAF AUS/NZ Tournament organiser


Make sure you have read the Feudball Novel.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Monthly Poll:Guess which models GW will be releasing in
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:24 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:58 pm
Posts: 3
I'm now thinking a Reverse Centaur would make a superb counts as minotaur for my Slaanesh pact team I'm working on next.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Monthly Poll:Guess which models GW will be releasing in
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:09 pm 
Super Star
Super Star
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:53 pm
Posts: 1166
Location: Chorley, where the police tazer blind people rather than look for the actual sword wielding lunatic
The Yak wrote:
I'm now thinking a Reverse Centaur would make a superb counts as minotaur for my Slaanesh pact team I'm working on next.


I'm living a nightmare!

_________________

"It´s better to enlarge the game than to restrict the players." -- Erick Wujcik


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Monthly Poll:Guess which models GW will be releasing in
 Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:27 pm 
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 08, 2006 11:24 am
Posts: 5707
Location: Swindon, England
Don't quote me, I know nothing!

_________________
NAF President Emeritus
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League @ sawbbl.uk
Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Monthly Poll:Guess which models GW will be releasing in
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:33 am 
Eurobowl Superstar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am
Posts: 677
Location: ECBBL, London
Babs wrote:
So I wouldn't put it down to conjecture.


You are making a completely logical deduction based on various bits of information. They "fit the bill" to be next, I agree, more than any other team and you could well be right.

You could, however, well be wrong.

We shall see.

_________________
Geggster

Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when they find out, you're a mile away...... and you have their shoes.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Monthly Poll:Guess which models GW will be releasing in
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:51 pm 
Star Player
Star Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2002 10:06 am
Posts: 740
Location: Australia
Geggster wrote:

You are making a completely logical deduction based on various bits of information. They "fit the bill" to be next, I agree, more than any other team and you could well be right.
You could, however, well be wrong.
We shall see.


Yes - exactly. If I was a betting man, I'd put money on it. However, I'm not.

It is worth noting that this process is exactly what a court of law uses to determine if someone is guilty of a crime. The key question is whether the evidence is 'conclusive proof'. While I agree it isn't (and I think that's your point), I still think the evidence that I have observed, some of which I have chosen to share, is overwhelming, particularly given the dearth of information about anything to the contrary.

_________________
=-) Babs (crotchety old, washed up has-been)
ex-BBRC member
ex-NAF AUS/NZ Tournament organiser


Make sure you have read the Feudball Novel.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Monthly Poll:Guess which models GW will be releasing in
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:53 pm 
Star Player
Star Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2002 10:06 am
Posts: 740
Location: Australia
Quote:
In other news:
"Troll is [a] forgeworld release, has different hands from the foot hand [as options].
Confirmed at Longbeard Cup 2017 during a presentation by Andy Hoare."


Andy Hoare has corrected this snippet of information that he said different 'Heads', not different 'hands'. Shame, as I think an alternate hand is far more beneficial to the model than an alternate head.

_________________
=-) Babs (crotchety old, washed up has-been)
ex-BBRC member
ex-NAF AUS/NZ Tournament organiser


Make sure you have read the Feudball Novel.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Monthly Poll:Guess which models GW will be releasing in
 Post Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:55 pm 
Star Player
Star Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2002 10:06 am
Posts: 740
Location: Australia
Mike Davies wrote:
Quote:
Don't quote me, I know nothing!


This may be true on this particular topic. Completely untrue about a great many things. :wink:

However, I do trust your ability to logically deduct, which was my point.

_________________
=-) Babs (crotchety old, washed up has-been)
ex-BBRC member
ex-NAF AUS/NZ Tournament organiser


Make sure you have read the Feudball Novel.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Monthly Poll:Guess which models GW will be releasing in
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:14 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:58 pm
Posts: 3
Lets hope we get a little preview of what's next at the open day this weekend. I know it's for Hours Heresy & Necromunda but if they were going to preview March's release I think that would be the place to do it.

I'm really excited. Originally I felt sure it was going to be Nurgle next. However with a few snippets posted here and in twitch conversations with Andy, I think there's going to be a surprise instead!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Monthly Poll:Guess which models GW will be releasing in
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:20 pm 
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 30, 2015 12:09 pm
Posts: 1513
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
The Yak wrote:
However with a few snippets posted here and in twitch conversations with Andy, I think there's going to be a surprise instead!!
Since it is GW, probably a steep raise of prices... :orc: :wink:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Monthly Poll:Guess which models GW will be releasing in
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:26 pm 
Star Player
Star Player
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 12, 2002 10:06 am
Posts: 740
Location: Australia
The Yak - I'll take that bet.

Andy Hoare has already said "No-one is pleased to meet them." Nurgle fits that bill.

_________________
=-) Babs (crotchety old, washed up has-been)
ex-BBRC member
ex-NAF AUS/NZ Tournament organiser


Make sure you have read the Feudball Novel.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Monthly Poll:Guess which models GW will be releasing in
 Post Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:13 pm 
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: Sat May 27, 2017 11:47 pm
Posts: 166
Babs wrote:
The Yak - I'll take that bet.

Andy Hoare has already said "No-one is pleased to meet them." Nurgle fits that bill.

I always think it's funny when a Troll fails the test to block against Foul Appearance... a Troll! So yes, not even a Troll is pleased to meet them. Could you go lower than that?


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Board index » General Discussion » General Chat


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to: