Blood Bowl Santa Competition

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Lecter1972
Star Player
Star Player

Blood Bowl Santa Competition

Post by Lecter1972 »

I recently had this Blood Bowl sculpt commissioned - Blood Bowl Santa

I would like to offer a little fun competition and the winner will get a copy of the miniature sent to them anywhere in the world for free

The competition is to create a Star Player Stats & Skills for this character - you can invent new skills if you like

Santa will play for Norse, Humans and Dwarfs and as its the season of good will will play for free during the month of December (must be costed outside of December)

Entries close 11pm (UK time) on Monday 18th December 2017 and will announce the winner on Tuesday 19th December 2017
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reason: ''
My blogpost https://l72smetalminiaturesmusings.wordpress.com/
dreamscreator
Star Player
Star Player

Re: Blood Bowl Santa Competition

Post by dreamscreator »

6 3 3 7 - Block, Guard, Stand Firm, "Good/Bad Guy"

"Good/Bad Guy": When Santa is blocking or blitzing, roll a die. On a 1-3 results Santa thinks that the opposite player is a good guy, as a result the opposite player acts as if he has block and dodge for that block/blitz. On a 4-6 result Santa thinks that the opposite player is a bad guy, as a result Santa will block as he has Frenzy and Mighty Blow skills for that block/blitz.

Champion: Chimera Cup '17, Coffee Cup '18, Manticore Mug '18, Lucentum Twinbowl '20, Squig Trophy II '20, No me toques los Gnoblars '21
Stunty Cup: Exebowl '14; Bubba Bowl '17; OlletaBowl '20
Tablet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tablet »

Very little is known of Chris Cringle, in fact there is only one thing that there appears to be agreement on, he's old. How old exactly however is a mystery, he has held the ancient Norsca post of Santa Claus for as long anyone can remember. This sacred office bestows the holder with a swiftness not normally seen with a man of his size (or age!). It is said that one spring a millenia ago he came to the realisation that his talents were being under utilised working only one (rather long) night of the year. It was then that he decided to travel the old world in the warmer months as a player for hire in the leagues of dwarves and men.

His longevity in the game has been partly expained by the fact that occasionally an opposing player regresses to their childhood, meaning that they are incapable of landing a block, for fear of there being no present come yuletide. To this day fans still claim that Varag Ghoul Chewer himself fell to the charms of the man from the north, although he still states he had something in his eye.......

So what is it that stops Chris from reaching the pinnacle of the game? Every fan has their own theory; either his refusal to block anyone on his "nice list" to his near debilitating addiciton to mince pies (or insert correct geographical reference here).

Will he sleigh all that stand in front of him next season, only time will tell.

7 3 3 7 Block, Jump up, Sidestep, Foul (Festive) Appearance, List Checker

List Checker Before blocking an opponent roll a D6, on a roll of a 1 Chris discovers that the target is actually on the nice list and will not block. If the block was part of a blitz action then the blitz is wasted.

Cost 200K GP

GeordieBowl IX 2017 - Wooden Spoon
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

St. Nicky

MA: 5, ST: 4, AG: 2, AV: 9
He had a broad face, and a little round belly
That shook when he laugh’d, like a bowl full of jelly
He's old and overweight, so he's slower, but tougher, than a human athlete. ST4 because he carries a sack with enough gifts for every child on Earth.

Skills:
Bombardier, Hail Mary Pass: Do the math, there's no way he can distribute gifts to hundreds of millions of children in one night without cutting some corners. He can drop gifts down a chimney from across town. He has a gift for every player on the opposing team, and that gift is a pipe bomb.

Leader: Santa has enough authority to keep 9 reindeer in line. That's more than enough to get Blood Bowl players to pay attention. Note that Santa does NOT have Loner! Unlike most Star Players, Santa is universally described as a Team Player.

Leap:
And laying his finger aside of his nose
And giving a nod, up the chimney he rose.
Not the most effective skill with AG2, but that just reflects that somersaulting a rampaging Chaos Warrior is more difficult than zipping up a chimney.

And of course, Fan Favorite: Because come on, not like a stadium crowd could ever boo Santa!!

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Fist of Gales
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Fist of Gales »

Do you think you'd have any of this mini available outside of this contest? (not for free of course :D )

TL

Tablet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tablet »

Fist of Gales wrote:Do you think you'd have any of this mini available outside of this contest? (not for free of course :D )

TL
viewtopic.php?f=7&p=789196#p789196

SlannMann
Experienced
Experienced

Post by SlannMann »

I had the same idea as Tablet had the same idea with his List Checker skill so I came up with this instead

Whenever anybody meets Santa he is always laughing, chuckling and is very cheerful. He is always full of praise and kindness and of course presents. In order for Santa to be this nice all of the time in such a stressful time of the year for him, he found the perfect way to rid himself of all that upcoming Christmas pressure: a spot of Blood Bowl! It also allows him to test out those Boys Toys for the older 'children' on his list...

Bad Santa
MV 5, ST 4, AG 2, AV 8
Block, Disturbing Presents, Fan Favourite, Secret Weapon, Stand Firm

Block and Stand Firm - cos no one pushes Santa around
Fan Favourite - cos of all the presents he distributes (on and off of the pitch..)
Secret Weapon - see Disturbing Presents below

Disturbing Presents :
Often flung over his shoulder, Santa carries around with him at all times a big sack full of various presents. At the beginning of Santa's turn, before he moves or takes an action, roll a D3. With a Ho-ho-ho! he reaches in and pulls out one of the presents from his sack. On a 1-2 he follows the rules for Bombardier, 3-4 a Chainsaw, 5-6 Stab
(I know the miniature does have a sack but meh! :D )

CyberedElf
Veteran
Veteran

Post by CyberedElf »

Kris Kringle
60k 6 3 3 7 Block, Fan Favourite, Fun (Foul) Appearance, Bombardier, Secret Weapon

Everybody loves Kris Kringle. Nobody wants to hit him. He has a lot of coal for all the naughty children. For the really naughty (opponents) he throws lit coal that explodes.

Compared to Boomer Eziasson:
+2 MA ~= -2 AV
+AG ~= Accurate (normally AG better because of more uses, but Accurate can prevent fumble.)
Foul Appearance ~= Thick Skull
Fan Favourite (only likely one drive with SW)

Flick30
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Flick30 »

Starting model theory was Norse Runner. - Well Santa has to be places fast.
Next he needed to be around a little longer so St4 and Av8 should do that.
Skills, Block Loner Dauntless are standard.
Jumping up chimneys.
Favourite of all children.

Then two fluff skills,
mighty blow - you would think at 2000+ he would know how to pack a punch
Sure Hands - for handling all the delicate presents.

Priced at 240,000 as not AG4 and Rakarth is 260,000.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

---------------------------------------------
SYBBL PRESENTS
Winter Anarchy 5 - 23rd & 24th November
Yorkshire Rose Bowl ‘20 - 18th April
Lecter1972
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Lecter1972 »

Ok competition is closed and I have made a decision

Thanks to everyone who put effort into this. It was quite difficult as I liked a number of ideas from each of the suggestions but I think for me the winner is Tablet

I will be sending a pm shortly to Tablet

Thanks once again for all your efforts

My blogpost https://l72smetalminiaturesmusings.wordpress.com/
rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Congrats Tablet! Looking forward to seeing a picture of that guy painted :-D

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Tablet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tablet »

rolo wrote:Congrats Tablet! Looking forward to seeing a picture of that guy painted :-D
:D Thanks! Nothing makes a lunch break more enjoyable than having a reason to come up with Blood Bowl fluff!!

I will make sure that Mr. Cringle is painted up in time for the 2018 yueltide.... :wink:

Thank you again to Lecter1972 for dreaming up the competition as well as the generous prize.

Merry Christmas TFF

Tablet
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tablet »

Santa arrived early at Casa Tablet (literally) yesterday.

He's a lovely mini, would definitely reccomend it to everyone.

Thank you again & Merry Christmas.

ElDiablito
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ElDiablito »

I see this model with the following:

6 4 3 7

I would give him Block, Sure Hands, and Loner for 120k.

Simple, inexpensive, and useful.