Free Sigmarine

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

DinoTitanedition
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Free Sigmarine

Post by DinoTitanedition »

Next WD will have a free Sigmarine with him. I intend to buy the issue, just to see what the rules are like, but I thought, well, if there`s a mini, I might as well use it for something. Something BB-wise....but other than a Chaos Warrior, I cannot see what to do with him. Any ideas?

Reason: ''
Gaixo
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: Free Sigmarine

Post by Gaixo »

Just wait a few months and Cyanide will release a Sigmarine roster.

DinoTitanedition
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

I doubt that, since BB dwells around the 6th edition and the Endtimes didn`t happen in the BB-universe. Now, any constructive ideas?

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Free Sigmarine

Post by Shteve0 »

DinoTitanedition wrote:I doubt that, since BB dwells around the 6th edition and the Endtimes didn`t happen in the BB-universe. Now, any constructive ideas?
I wish I had your confidence.

http://www.pcgamesn.com/blood-bowl-2/it ... blood-bowl

You could get four and turn a human team into proxy orcs?

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
birdman37
Experienced
Experienced

Free Sigmarine

Post by birdman37 »

Mighty Zug? He is AV9, after all...

PercyTheTroll
Veteran
Veteran

Post by PercyTheTroll »

I haven't played WFB since 4th Ed. so I'm very out of touch. I've got the gist of the EoT stuff and so on but... they're not really calling them Sigmarines are they? That's a (derogatory) fan nickname right?

Gaixo

Post by Gaixo »

It is a derogatory fan nickname. And Steve's link is exactly what I was referring to above. A mandate to make Blood Bowl more Warhammerish is bad enough. That mandate coming at the exact moment in which Warhammer goes off the rails could be much worse.

PercyTheTroll
Veteran
Veteran

Post by PercyTheTroll »

It's kind of telling that I had to ask.

Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

They are actually Sigmarites, specifically Stormcast Eternals, and wield weapons made from... Sigmarite.

PercyTheTroll
Veteran
Veteran

Post by PercyTheTroll »

You know, I don't think that's better...

rolo
Super Star
Super Star
Location: Paradise Stadium, where the pitch is green and the cheerleaders are pretty.

Post by rolo »

Not to change the subject, but if they scale Warhammer down to a squad-based skirmish game, doesn't it turn into Mordheim?

(Stopped playing Warhammer in the late 90s, this isn't exactly making me regret it)

"It's 2+ and I have a reroll. Chill out. I've got this!"
Gaixo

Post by Gaixo »

Mordheim isn't squad-based, is it?

It looks like the new Warhammer will resemble 40k (or Rogue Trader, at least) more than it resembles any true skirmish game.

DinoTitanedition
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

I stopped playing Warhammer somewhere around the end of the 7th ed. and I also do not regret it. But, all in all, I liked the game on a smaller scale (neber played more than 1000 points) and backgroundwise liked the 6th ed. best. Logically I did like the loose connection to BB as well (or the other way around). I also never saw a problem with that, since, apart from the design of a few teams, I think BB was not too warhammerized, but had a nice uniqe world of it`s own, with BB mostly replacing war in this fantasyworld and, again in my eyes, modifying the scenario to a better one.

Back to the topic, I`ve taken a closer look at the Sigmarines (the look like Space Marines without backpacks to me...) and thought it will do nicely as a Slaanesh themed Chaoswarrior. I`m about to pick up the new WD in an hour a so (the first in almost 10 years...wow) and will make a couple of snapshots of my experiment.

Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

Gaixo wrote:Mordheim isn't squad-based, is it?
No. It's the same scale as Warhammer, but it's a skirmish (10 to 15 minis per side).

The squad-based "warhammer-ish" game they've produced was called Warmaster.
As far as I know they've pulled the plug on that too, along with BB, Necromunda, Battlefleet, ...

Gaixo

Post by Gaixo »

Axtklinge wrote:
Gaixo wrote:Mordheim isn't squad-based, is it?
No. It's the same scale as Warhammer, but it's a skirmish (10 to 15 minis per side).

The squad-based "warhammer-ish" game they've produced was called Warmaster.
As far as I know they've pulled the plug on that too, along with BB, Necromunda, Battlefleet, ...
It was a rhetorical question. 8) I don't expect the new game to resemble Mordheim in terms of rules or game size. It might launch with a box containing 40 models, but I bet the count for an "optimal game" climbs in a hurry. I know that part of their pitch is that the game is equally compelling whether you use 20 or 200 models, but we've all heard that one before.