Ideas for League Trophy

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Ideas for League Trophy

Post by Saebelsultan »

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I need help and what better place to start looking for some, if not here?

In our league we have to buy a new trophy for the champion (aparently the old champions each ran away with theirs...). The obvious choice would be to go for a simple American Football shaped trophy (even though that seems more difficult here in Europe than I thought).
I was thinking to give the whole thing a more Blood Bowlish touch, but cannot come up with any usable ideas. We do not have a special theme in our league, so all options are possible. But of course, it can't cost anything and it should be doable with very limited crafting skills :wink:

I am relying on your input now. What do you use for trophies? How did you make them fit the Blood Bowl theme?

Thank you very much in advance for your answers!

Reason: ''
"This game is too good not to be played!" - Coach Pauli
Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Saebelsultan's BB Dugouts
Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Re: Ideas for League Trophy

Post by Axtklinge »

In our league, when the season starts, one of the coaches volunteers to build and paint the trophy for that competition (everyone takes turns). Sometimes two coaches team up, and one makes the trophy and the other one paints it.
The trophys size is (usually) aprox. to the official GW trophy's, and can be converted from whatever the coach feels like (bits of metal or plastic, or whatever he sees fit).

As in everything else, some coaches are more gifted in the arts of converting/painting than others, but in the end, as long as there's a serious effort into making it, the trophy's ends up looking fine!

Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

Axtklinge wrote:The trophys size is (usually) aprox. to the official GW trophy's, and can be converted from whatever the coach feels like (bits of metal or plastic, or whatever he sees fit).
Okay, sounds interesting. I imagine BB minis on some kind of pedestal, is that close? Do you have some sample pictures of past trophies maybe?

Blood Bowl Beginner Kit
Axtklinge
Legend
Legend

Post by Axtklinge »

(Google fu...)
Here you can find a couple from one of our league mates (marcopreto here in TFF):
http://forums.europeanmodeller.com/inde ... topic=3371 (please scroll down)
[Note: Our league season has two major competitions (the "NABBO League" and the "Chaos cup"), that's why the trophy's have different names.]

We've been doing this for some time now (since 1999), so as you might imagine there has been quite a few different sizes and shapes over the years. It's supposed to be a opportunity for building something out of the ordinary and fun, for the coach that builds it, and it's always a cool "surprise" (specially because ppl is usually busy, and only manages to finish the trophy a day or two before the finals).

Saebelsultan
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Saebelsultan »

Okay, nice idea and good work on the trophies.
I will put the idea forward in my league.

More ideas? Even pretty standard ones?

Blood Bowl Beginner Kit