Both Down Newest info!

For all podcast chat

Moderator: TFF Mods

voyagers_uk
Da Cynic
Location: Nice Red Uniforms and Fanatical devotion to the Pope!

Both Down Newest info!

Post by voyagers_uk »

Howard Stern and Robin??

Really?

Reason: ''
Ikterus wrote: But for the record, play Voyagers_UK if you have the chance. He's cursed! :P
fatfinley
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Both Down Newest info!

Post by fatfinley »

voyagers_uk wrote:Howard Stern and Robin??

Really?
I guess I am confused by your comments? Are you saying you don't get the reference?

Howard Stern and Robin Quivers

Both Down: The #1 Podcast... hosted by Gingers. Check us out at http://bothdown.com/ all feedback welcomed.

Save the date! March 14th 2015 Orclahoma Bowl IV at http://orclahomabowl.com/ plus the Spiky Cup on March 15th 2015
Kilowog2814
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Kilowog2814 »

First... check our facebook to see our response to the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge.
Second...

Both Down Episode 34 – Promise – There I was, just standing, waiting. You walked up and looked at me. I looked at you. Er… Okay that was weird its the latest and greatest episode of Both Down! Format is a little different and lazy this month but hell you love us any way you can get us. Get ready for your dose of Blood Bowl ginger style!

Episode Breakdown by time:

Never reroll a push – 9:00
DBBL: Al-Kohrn Cup – 14:25
Baetors Blackhearts – 17:25
Tournament Talk: Warpstone Tour – 28:55
Nuffleween III – 42:55
Chaos Cup – 44:35
Never reroll a push – 1:05:05
Charlie Chaplin/Michael Jordan – 1:10:20
Shout-Outs! – 1:19:45

http://bothdown.com/

Co-Host of BOTH DOWN:The #1 Blood Bowl Podcast... that you can find at Both Down!
Or on Twitter @BothDown
fatfinley
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fatfinley »

Both Down Episode 35 – Paradise by the Dashboard Light – This is it, the road trip to Chaos Cup episode of your favorite Blood Bowl podcast for your listening pleasure. We roll back the clock and talk with a special guest about 2nd Edition Blood Bowl. Of course Steve and Scott have lots more to say about our favorite game. Plus Snobb Costas makes his Both Down return! Grab your stuff get in the car and listen to this on the way to Chaos Cup!

Behind the Fluff Part 1 – 33:20
Behind the Fluff Part 2 – 1:53:50
Snob BAWSHBowl Coverage – 2:54:35
Shout-Outs! – 3:02:53

www.bothdown.com

Both Down: The #1 Podcast... hosted by Gingers. Check us out at http://bothdown.com/ all feedback welcomed.

Save the date! March 14th 2015 Orclahoma Bowl IV at http://orclahomabowl.com/ plus the Spiky Cup on March 15th 2015
fatfinley
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fatfinley »

Hoedown Showdown Podcast – This is the most amazing podcast disaster ever! Both Down, Zlurpcast, Three Die Block, Pitch Invasion, and The Siggy Llama Show all together in one place, only Chaos Cup can handle all this ego for one sitting! Enjoy!

The Hoedown Showdown Begins – 4:40
The Hoedown Showdown Wrap-Up – 1:28:00

www.bothdown.com

Xanderv
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Xanderv »

So I listened to Both Down's version but I can only assume that the other ones were identical. I tuned in expecting to laugh at the potential chaos of having the other 5 podcasts at once in the same room...and I did just that until the final segment where my smile quickly turned upside down.

I'm honestly not sure what the purpose was. Satisfy your egos? You clearly weren't going to use our podcast as a means to make your game fun. It was to shit all over us for no apparent reason. Part of me wants to think it was just to poke fun at the OCC because we weren't there, but that clearly wasn't the case. When it dragged on, it became less and less the case.

We'd have liked to think BB podcasting mirrors its community of being welcoming and stuff, but yeah, we're not part of the clique so Duck us, obviously.

My favourite part was when Chance gave a correct answer and everybody ridiculed him for listening to us, then laughing at our guest (and friend) and calling him a hippie moron. Classy. I don't give a crap if you were drunk, you made a decision when you decided to keep that in, and for that I say...absolutely nothing, because honestly I doubt it's worth it. The whole thing lasted what, a good 10 minutes? I got that we sucked after the first 2, y'know.

So thanks to those of you who at least didn't pile on, so to speak. And don't worry, I'm not bringing any of that up on any of our episodes ever. :roll:

And no, I didn't create this account for this reply. I'm a frequent reader of these forums. I just felt this warranted my first reply.

Arclight
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Arclight »

Hey all,

Yeah, I'm with Xanderv on this. Pretty much everything he said. Orca Cola Cast is one of the classiest and most informative podcasts out at the moment. Right up there with Three Die Block.

I was surprised at the comments in the recording. I really don't understand what everyone (but Chance) was thinking. Disappointing really.

Sincerely,
- Dan

Kilowog2814
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Kilowog2814 »

Hey there...

First off, I truly apologize that you got offended over it. I can certainly understand why. I know how hard it is to put time and effort into a podcast.
I go on record saying that Scott and I both listen and enjoy all the podcasts, OCC definitely included. I'm jealous of the music and editing and everything. I don't even play Cyanide but I still listen and enjoy.
In my response for the game... Scott not knowing what OCC was was more about him being drunk than anything else.
I do see all the podcasts as one big (hopefully) happy family and I'm sure that's why you guys were included as a question. It was an effort to include you and not have you be the odd guy out. Unfortunately I can see how it did more to separate and exclude you.
I don't think any insult was meant towards you, your podcast or your guests and friends. The fact that it came out that way, I do apologize for.
I did the editing and I didn't think it deserved being removed and I take full ownership of that response.
Throughout the segment(whether recorded or off mic) we called Pitch Invasion drunken weirdos, Three Die Block pussy freaks, Zlurpcast assholes and Siggy a moron. Not to mention insulting ourselves. When we bust each others balls, it's never meant to actually hurt someone's feelings though.
Looking back, you guys not being there, we probably should have been more thoughtful.

Hopefully this apology accounts for something. If there's something we can do to correct this, we'd gladly do so. We will address it on our next podcast and make a very sincere and heartfelt apology letting everyone know that there were no hard feelings meant and we apologize for any taken.

Steve

Co-Host of BOTH DOWN:The #1 Blood Bowl Podcast... that you can find at Both Down!
Or on Twitter @BothDown
Arclight
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Arclight »

Great response, Steve. I know you worked your butt off getting the episode out. I really appreciate your endless amount of energy and skill.
What you said makes sense to me. I'm still a fan. I was just surprised.

Cheers,
- Dan

fatfinley
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fatfinley »

Hey Xander I am deeply saddened that is how you took the episode. I want to say I am very sorry.

I am 100% positive that Siggy Llama included that question to include you guys, not to make fun of you guys. The whole weekend each podcast busted the others balls hard and we took that into the episode. It was meant as clowning around and just having fun, HOWEVER standing here today and looking back I can totally see your point of view. We took the same clowning around at you guys and you were not there to banter back or defend yourself.

I have listened to all the BB podcasts including the new Bacon Wrapped Skulls & Ones Podcast. I will never claim I retain everything from every episode but I listen to everyone because I know how much hard work goes into each one. Orcla Cola Cast belongs in the BB community as much as any of the other BB podcasts. I think everyone including the podcast hosts know that the fact we have so many quality podcasts for such a small gaming community is an amazing thing for the game we love.

As for the comment about your friend, I am sorry I used the wrong choice of words. He is by far not a moron. He is actually very knowledgeable about the Nurgle team and I listened and took many things from that discussion. I was however not impressed with what seemed to be his cocky-ness towards the tabletop league he was playing in. Saying they basically kick him out because he was so good (paraphrasing) rubbed me the wrong way from the beginning. I don't know him like you do, maybe that was his sense of humor and what you guys are used to. It really could have came off to me in a bad unintended way much like our podcast did to you. I apologize to him as well.

I enjoy the show and I will continue to listen and enjoy it no matter the fall out from this. Again I am really sorry this came out of Chaos Cup weekend. The tournament was the most fun I have had at a BB event maybe ever and I enjoyed meeting and hanging out with everyone there.

Steve and I will further address this on the next show.

Xanderv
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Xanderv »

I appreciate the sentiment guys, I really do. Just the fact that you both personally replied means a lot.

But saying that I took harmless banter too personal...I know banter. Calling each other "couples" and "morons" while everybody's laughing, that's banter. It's good-spirited name-calling for the sake of having fun. The segment on us wasn't banter. It was people who dislike us(which is fine, btw) that took the opportunity to mention how much they dislike us in front of a live BB audience for an extended period of time. I'm pretty sure you can see the difference.

Anyway, I have no desire to drag this out further, I said what I had to say. You really don't need to address this on your podcast and make this bigger than it should be, I just needed to voice my discontent with the segment, that's all. I'm sure you could see where I was coming from.

Also, I should mention that while I posted in here, I did not mean to direct anything at you two personally, I just happened to listen to your version of the show. In fact I don't remember you two being particularly abrasive towards us. I'm still going to listen to your show because I still think you're very entertaining. I was just disappointed with that show's segment. Like, just not mentioning us would have been juuuuust fine. :orc:

siggyllama
Veteran
Veteran

Both Down Newest info!

Post by siggyllama »

Hi Xander, just wanted to chime in and say I am truly sorry that I have contributed to any grief on your part or sent the message that I don't think your podcast is worthy. It's my responsibility that OCC was mentioned; I wrote the questions, and none of the others on the panel saw them in advance. My mindset was that it would have been wrong not to mention you somehow, as that would send the implicit message that we thought those present were the only podcasts that mattered. (Had I known about Bacon Wrapped at the time, I would have made sure to include them as well.) I will confess, I anticipated this would give folks the opportunity to make jokes at OCC's expense, just as we assuredly would be making jokes at each others'. It was meant to make an exception of you only insofar as your absence from the panel. When it became clear that none of the 4 on the panel knew the answer, the joke quickly became "no one listens to OCC" -- a dumb, cheap shot at a defenseless target. It was the easiest possible joke to make, and so we made it. It was a low denominator kind of night. For my part, I never meant for it to equate to "OCC sucks" but there's no way you could have known that. Now I see that that bit backfired, and I find it sadly ironic that your comment about clique mentality hits closest to home. That's exactly the mentality that we presented, when it's exactly what I had meant to avoid.

What I feel really dumb about was not seeing this coming. The event took on the feel of a roast, and the vibe in the room during recording didn't give me the impression that we had crossed any line (and I knew there were OCC fans present), so I didn't worry about it. In the days afterward, I started to think it was unfair that you didn't have a chance to give as good as you got, so I put a little disclaimer at the opening in my version of the episode. At a roast, after all, they may be vicious, but they limit their targets to those on the dais. What didn't cross my mind, and for this I feel really stupid, was to let you hear the segment before it was published, to make sure you were okay with it. It's big of Steve to take responsibility for editing, but the truth is we all had the opportunity to hear his edit before it went out, and we know how to get in touch with you.

We should have anticipated your reaction, and for that insensitivity, I apologize. When we couldn't anticipate, we should have sought it out appropriately. That we didn't anticipate your reaction, please take as a sign that no malice was intended.

Jonny_P
Zlurpcast Main Guy

Post by Jonny_P »

To be fair, I would have replied "How would I know?" to a question posed to me about any of the other Blood Bowl podcasts. I haven't had a long enough commute to let me listen to podcasts in awhile. And when I do have time, it's usually not BB shows I listen to.

I don't believe I ripped on the OCC at all, but if I did, I'm sorry.

I honestly can't go back and listen to verify because Tim/Peter's voice hurts my ears. :smoking:

TlawsonTim
Rookie
Rookie

Post by TlawsonTim »

HAHA, Good I am glad my voice hurts your ears, that's what you get for forgetting my name!

Although it seems like Pete is growing in the community, so I give you full props for that.

fatfinley
Veteran
Veteran

Post by fatfinley »

TlawsonTim wrote:HAHA, Good I am glad my voice hurts your ears, that's what you get for forgetting my name!

Although it seems like Pete is growing in the community, so I give you full props for that.
Pete when your done with her I get a turn right? We are still sharing?