games

For Fantasy Football related chat that doesn't come under any of other forum categories.

Moderator: TFF Mods

DixonCider
Super Star
Super Star

games

Post by DixonCider »

you know those games where everything goes right and it turns your day around? ya, just had one of those :D :D :D

Reason: ''
Hucker73
Experienced
Experienced

Re: games

Post by Hucker73 »

Congratulations!

I need details: Tapletop, FUMBBL, Cyanide? Your team (race and name). Against whom? How did everything come together? Good strategy and luck or just good luck? Did the opposition make mistakes which you capitalised on?

Please let me know so I can live vicariously through your victory.

DixonCider
Super Star
Super Star

Post by DixonCider »

Tabletop. Dark elves vs dwarves. The dice ran really well, all the dice rolled well for me, was a player or more up for most of the match, levelled up three players, and took top of the league.

Digger Goreman
Legend
Legend
Location: Atlanta, GA., USA: Recruiting the Walking Dead for the Blood Bowl Zombie Nation

Post by Digger Goreman »

"blink... blink"
So dark Timmy didn't roll a bunch of double 1s against beardy Timmy....
"blink... blink... YAWN!"

Non-event of the century.... :zzz:

LRB6/Icepelt Edition: Ah!, when Blood Bowl made sense....
"1 in 36, my Nuffled arse!"
Hucker73
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Hucker73 »

@DC: May Nuffle continue your good rolls for a few more games. Thanks for the details.

@DG: 1) Negative much? 2) What does 'Timmy' mean in this context? I'm not 'down' with the 'cool kids', I'm afraid...

Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Timmy in this context means that you are playing with a crutch (AG4 or the massive broken boringness that is dwarves).
DG has a point with Darkies and High elves, my view is that mass AV8 on an AG4 team is a bit of a crutch. Not gamebreaking and is countered to an extent at the start by the high cost of the team.
Dwarves on the other hand :pissed:

Heff...Keeping the Dwarf (and lego) hate alive
If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Hucker73
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Hucker73 »

I see. Thanks.

I still think it was a negative comment to make. The point could have been made and some positivity added, but it wasn't. Not awesome.

But now I know what a Timmy team is, so that's good. Because knowing is half the battle!

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

You'll notice that DG looks down on "Timmie's" and yet plays two of the stronger rosters in the games. :roll:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

Its his thing. Like me and dwarves. We HAVE to make a disparaging comment, it's in the forum rules

If you cannot stall out for an 8 turn drive to score with dwarves then you need to go and play canasta with your dad..if you can find him.
Shteve0
Legend
Legend

Post by Shteve0 »

I played (casual) MTG a few years back, and they categorise players as Timmy (power gamer), Johnny (combo player), Spike (cant remember what Spike is) and Vorthos (fluff guy). I always assumed DGs references were related to that.

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
Hucker73
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Hucker73 »

I play Timmy teams: Skaven and Orc. But that's because I have the tactical awareness of a soggy digestive and were I to play Vampires or Slann or (gasp) halflings I'd never win a game. Which is no fun. Equally, I don't play dwarves, because I find them boring (but I will dust them off ready for meeting Heff).

I didn't realise we needed to have a thing. Anyone else a biochemist? Don't think it'll really come up much on this forum, but when appropriate I'll drop some knowledge. Don't hold your breath for the appropriate situation though, obviously...

Now I need to know what a Spike type of player is...

My username is because I was a hucker; a huck being an ultimate frisbee term for a wild, long pass, thrown out of desperation/optimism as no one on your team is actually open (think hail mary skill). I used to huck a lot at tourneys. (My team was the halflings of the uk ultimate Frisbee scene...)

BillyDee
Star Player
Star Player
Location: Sitting in front of a mountain of lead, that ain't gonna paint itself...

Post by BillyDee »

For 'Spike' read 'Min-maxer'.

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, and everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?"
Hucker73
Experienced
Experienced

Post by Hucker73 »

Cheers BillyDee, now my knowledge is complete.

spubbbba
Legend
Legend

Post by spubbbba »

Hucker73 wrote:I play Timmy teams: Skaven and Orc.
Good news, only 1 of those counts as a Timmy team. For some reason Orcs are not included in the list but Slann are :?: :?:

My past and current modelling projects showcased on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Heff
Dwarf fetishist

Post by Heff »

SLANN!
that's madness I tell you. Don't think Skaven are either, they can go very wrong.