Regarding recent events

The latest information about the TalkFantasyFootball forums.
This forum is open to read to all users, logged in or not.

Important: if you have just signed up or having log in issues please contact lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

Moderator: TFF Mods

JenniRP70
Da Ex-Boss

Regarding recent events

Post by JenniRP70 »

Hello all,

I am amazed and touched by the number of posts showing their appreciation for this site. In 2001 I wanted to create a website that would capture thouands of people and be a big hit. I'm pleased to see that I have achieved my objectives and that passion for the site is high.

I have received several PM's from members wishing to help keep the contents alive and I will communicate with everyone so if I haven't already, please do not dispair. I have sent off my letter to GW but I don't think they will get it in time for my announcement of Sunday closure so what I will do is put the site into 'maintenance mode' top effectively stop it being used. This will ensure people can still see things while those involved with content transfer get everything ready since it is not going to be quick.

Who knows, GW might well come back to me with a different and more positive approach!!

Thanks again for your kind words, but can I ask that you refrain from using offensive language with regards to GW as I don't think they help the cause. Should they wish to alter their request and visit the site, the offensive posts against GW may well result in a less than satisfactory outcome.

Regards,

JohnnyP

Reason: ''
Snotling Championship League Commisioner
[url]http://www.bloodbowl.co.uk[/url]

Da Boss of TalkBloodBowl.com
JenniRP70
Da Ex-Boss

Post by JenniRP70 »

I found a load more contacts in my spam folders which was morethan I expected :-) Sadly, although I said I'll contact all of you, that may not be possible due to the amount of emails...but I'll try.

I know I can only pick one option and that is possibly going to upset many if I've not opted for them but I hope we all agree the best result is that these forums remain alive somewhere.

There have been comments stating it will be a good move and I agree. I've had so many plans for this site but over the past few years have never gotten around to implementing any of them, such as migrating to PHPBB3, and it does looked aged and in need of refurbishment. I'm not really a programmer either so I'm sure somebody else can do a lot more cosmetically. I did, if some of you remember, look to move it on a while back but just couldn't let go of my little baby :D I think now though the time is right to ensure the survival and evolution of something I really didn't realise had made such an impact.

Cheers

JohnnyP

Reason: ''
Snotling Championship League Commisioner
[url]http://www.bloodbowl.co.uk[/url]

Da Boss of TalkBloodBowl.com