Spam user sending PMs with possible exploit in link

The latest information about the TalkFantasyFootball forums.
This forum is open to read to all users, logged in or not.

Important: if you have just signed up or having log in issues please contact lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

Moderator: TFF Mods

Darkson
Da Spammer

Spam user sending PMs with possible exploit in link

Post by Darkson »

If you receive a PM from a user called "acklianer" (or "guest"), don't click on the link it contains, as it is possible it has an exploit in it that will try to reset your password. PM will have lots of non-alphanumeric characters, both in the heading and on the link.

User is about to be deleted.

Again, DON'T click on the link.

Reason: ''
Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Add to that list, user "ferracont".

(Thanks Ombi.)

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Thadrin
Moaning Git

Post by Thadrin »

I got one of the ferracont ones. The user has been deleted.

These PMs are easy to spot by the nonsensical titles made up of random characters. If you get one, note the user and let one of the admins (myself, Darkson or Draco) know and we'll delete the user asap.

I know a bear that you don't know. * ICEPELT IS MY HERO.
Master bleater. * Not in the clique.
Member of the "3 digit" club.
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Just had to deactivate our first "regular" user that has had their account hacked - don't let this happen to yours -
DON'T CLICK ON THE LINK- it's that simple.