Register    Login    Forum    FAQ

Board index » Blood Bowl » House Rules forum

Post subject: Re: Trouble winning with Elves ... here's your solution
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:18 pm 
Legend
Legend

Pedda wrote:
bruce888 wrote:
I do indeed. Just wanted to know and still do!!!!. As a side note.....in my house rules, block has been moved to Strength. Tackle has no affect on the block dice. Instead it gives a -1 to the Dodge roll as well as not being able to Re-rolls a failed dodge.

Block as a strength skill? Someone likes their big guys.
Playing ogres?

I'd have thought Dwarfs and especially Norse would love that the most. Dwarf runners needing a double for block would be a slight inconvenience, but all the Norse players could easily get block.

I still prefer making skills have a varied cost, so the good ones would be 25 or 30k and the rubbish ones 10 or 15, possibly allowing people to take 2 rubbish ones as a single choice too. Or just combining some of them.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:30 am 
Rookie
Rookie

only dwarf blitzers start with block. longbeards have mighty tackle (cost an additional square of movement), and stand firm. troll slayer has juggernaut. only norse blitzer has block. all norse players start with frenzy.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:59 am 
Star Player
Star Player

spubbbba wrote:
Pedda wrote:
bruce888 wrote:
I do indeed. Just wanted to know and still do!!!!. As a side note.....in my house rules, block has been moved to Strength. Tackle has no affect on the block dice. Instead it gives a -1 to the Dodge roll as well as not being able to Re-rolls a failed dodge.

Block as a strength skill? Someone likes their big guys.
Playing ogres?

I'd have thought Dwarfs and especially Norse would love that the most. Dwarf runners needing a double for block would be a slight inconvenience, but all the Norse players could easily get block.

The ulfwerners on the norse team wouldn't get block either, but I guess they could get wrestle.

Then again, they seem to be playing a different game in that league, so what do I know...
bruce888 wrote:
only dwarf blitzers start with block. longbeards have mighty tackle (cost an additional square of movement), and stand firm. troll slayer has juggernaut. only norse blitzer has block. all norse players start with frenzy.

Board index » Blood Bowl » House Rules forum