About BB anual and Chet's kicking rules

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Ancalagon
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

About BB anual and Chet's kicking rules

Post by Ancalagon »

I received yesterday my BB anual 2002. I waited for it a month and a half. Now no one could get it from me unless it's grabbed from my cold dead hands. I readed some of the articles, but I have to admit I haven't read again the rules (I readed them more than once when translating them to spanish). I readed Chet's kicking rules and laughed a lot with this about dirty kicking :D I still haven't tried nor read carefully those rules, but at first sight they seem to me unbalancing; elf teams can base it's way of playing on grabing, run a few squares and kick the ball... Anyone has tried them? And... anyone has a list of all errata on the anual?

Reason: ''
GenoNBBL
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by GenoNBBL »

I've already questioned this in another thread (can't remember where) and I found them to be broken. I then realised I'd been using them wrongly! So next week we're going to play test them a bit within our league but they do look like fun. I'd love giving a Goblin 'dirty kick' if he rolled a double. As the little blighter could run up to the biggest of players and give him a swift kick in the family jewels and bring him down. Then all his mates could rally round for the foul! :lol:

You'll find that Galak (Tom) has tested these in over 200 games (it's in the article) and from what he's said they are very well balanced. Best thing to do is try them for yourself and see what you think.

Toodles

Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

elf teams can base it's way of playing on grabing, run a few squares and kick the ball...

I'm not sure this will work very well. The Elf team in question has to sacrifice a thrower for the kicker, and then...well, if you mean that an Elf team could base its game around one-turn Field Goals, that's possible. But I wouldn't advise it. For starters, it's not so difficult to defend; second, Field Goals just aren't worth as much as a touchdown!

Now if you mean that Elf teams can simply kick the ball away, they'd do better to pass it. It goes farther, and it's more reliable.

Try them out, and if you have any questions, ask here or e-mail me at chz@buffalo.edu. My local leaguemates almost lynched me when I suggested that we wouldn't use Kicking next time around because it was still Experimental! So of course I recanted :)

Cheers!

-Chet

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
Ancalagon

Post by Ancalagon »

:oops: I think I should try them before talking :oops:
I hope I have some spare time soon to play almost one match using them. I have two matches this week; today against undead and if win against woodies (chaos cup semis and final), and another match against another undead team (league) this weekend.
Well, what about those errata lists??

GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

Thanks for posting the link DW.

There was absolutely no way I was typing that whole thread again on why the kicking rules are fine.

Galak

Piepgrass
Super Star
Super Star

I like em

Post by Piepgrass »

To me the kicking rules look bath wellthoughtrough and ballanced.
I have read a lot on them and have strated to play with them, and so far they seem very interesting.

Regards.
Piepgrass

[size=150][color=red]VICIOUS[/color][/size]
The Copenhagen Wight.