You'll probably hate this, but ............

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

Ok reading the comments recently about Wild Animal etc and the fact that i am trying unsuccessfully to play a Skaven side at the moment containing a Wild Animal Rat Ogre. I sat down and tried to think about a way to control the Wild Animal side of The Rat Ogre, but still keep him in the team as hopefully a balanced and not unbalanced addition.

So Instead of hiring a wizard, what if the Skaven team could hire a Packmaster instead of the Wizard. His job would be to control the Wild Animal Bloodlust of the Rat Ogre.
The Packmaster would have the same stats as a lineman, and be peaked and his prescense on the pitch as long as within his movements distance 7 squares. Would cancel the Wild Animal trait of the Rat Ogre. However the Packmaster, must be on the pitch as a player for this too work. If for any reason he becomes the ball carrier or is knocked down, prone injured or otherwise, then his influence is lost until he is able to take to his feet again. As his concentration is broken.

The reason i think this may work as it means the use of the Packmaster for 150k, means that the team cannot utilise a wizard, and i'm hoping that this may balance out.

I've not had chance to playtest it yet as it's going to take sometime before the team has reached a position to achieve this in monetary stakes.

If you think it's a load off ***** then fair enough. My intention is to perhaps find a way of removing negative traits temporarily ( In previous editions a roll of a double could get rid of them temporarily ). Obviously this could be extended to other teams.

OK. So interested to hear your thoughts and comments. i am expecting to be blown out of the water on this. If so let me down gently.
As i'm very sensitive.

:grin: :grin:

Reason: ''
Norse
Da Organiza

Post by Norse »

Beastmaster rules!

I like it! Who cares if it's fair!!

Norse waits for the ever ready flamethrower of Galak to reduce him to smoke... :wink:

Impact! - Fantasy Football miniatures and supplies designed by gamers for gamers
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

No flame thrower.

Bic lighter .....

I really don't have a problem with Wild Animal. The Rat Ogre is an AWESOME big guy .. AG 3 ... Prehensile Tail ... give this guy Block, Pro, Break Tackle (in that order) and he's very scary. ST 5 player that can actually pick up the ball ... yikes!

If your opponent can use your WA against you then congrats to your opponent ... I really don't see a need to lessen the negative of Wild Animal but that's just me.

Galak

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GalakStarscraper on 2002-04-02 15:26 ]</font>

Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

I think the Packmaster as McDeth has described him would work well in a local league setting. I'd stick with the freebooting rules for Wizards, though. At 50K per game...hey, why not?

Of course, I also think you should take better care of your Rat Ogre and his interaction with his opponents :wink:

-Chet

Anthony_TBBF
Da Painta

Post by Anthony_TBBF »

Rat Ogre + backfield = wet pants

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

*....squelch...*
:wink:

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

On 2002-04-02 16:01, Anthony_TBBF wrote:
Rat Ogre + backfield = wet pants
I've always played him in back field. Unfortunately it's a slow process getting enough SPP's to get the Skill Rolls.

With my Luck i'll probably get AG+1

:grin:

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

At least now double progression has gone, it was a looong way up to 11! :wink:
I really think they're bound (pun not intended!) to cost in the short term, but should more than pay you back with a bit of development.
3 cas. until Block, and then they pick up points much faster on the way to 16, then they're much more fun!

Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

...and as a sudden afterthought..an AG4 RO??
...dribble....

Trambi
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Trambi »

I prefer the freeboot option for 50kgp.
It seems more balanced.

McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

On 2002-04-02 16:35, Deathwing wrote:
...and as a sudden afterthought..an AG4 RO??
...dribble....
There i was moaning about getting enough SPP for a skill roll. and what happens MVP. Oh thankyou.

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

i like the idea but i prefer getting on with WA than buy this guy for 150K (too expansive for what he can do) and i prefer the wizard for that price.

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
McDeth
Legend
Legend

Post by McDeth »

On 2002-04-03 12:02, Longshot wrote:
i like the idea but i prefer getting on with WA than buy this guy for 150K (too expansive for what he can do) and i prefer the wizard for that price.
I just feel that it is an either / or situation. 150k seems a lot, but it means that you will have an option to not have to move your Rat Ogre First, but maybe make a few safe rolls such as turning players over and prone before the Dreaded Double Skull which seems to follow this beast around wherever he goes.

“ By the pricking of my thumbs,
Something wicked this way comes “

]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: McDeth on 2002-04-03 16:06 ]</font>

Longshot
Da Capt'ain

Post by Longshot »

i am not against the idea (as i say, i love it) but i will not take it with my skaven team. i am sure that some players would like this option (i quite dont play with Rat Ogre, unless i have 4 RR :smile: )

Lightning' bugs for the win

http://teamfrancebb.positifforum.com/
Acerak
Rulz Guru

Post by Acerak »

i quite dont play with Rat Ogre, unless i have 4 RR

TRRs won't help you in the latest version of the game. Rat Ogres can't use 'em.

-Chet