Making Grab a more attractive skill choice

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

stowelly
Veteran
Veteran

Making Grab a more attractive skill choice

Post by stowelly »

Grab (Strength) A player with this skill uses his great strength and prowess to grab his opponent and throw him around. To represent this, only while making a Block Action, if his block results in a push back he may choose any empty square adjacent to his opponent to push back his opponent. When making a Block or Blitz Action, Grab and Side Step will cancel each other out and the standard pushback rules apply. Grab will not work if there are no empty adjacent squares. A player with the Grab skill can never learn or gain the Frenzy skill through any means. Likewise, a player with the Frenzy skill can never learn or gain the Grab skill through any means. in addition, when the player with this skill is being blocked and is pushed back he can choose to force the blocking player to follow up

hardly rule breaking, but would be useful for a sweeper to stop someone who just needs a push to score, and maybe forcing a player surfing you onto the sideline

Reason: ''
stashman
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: Making Grab a more attractive skill choice

Post by stashman »

Grab is already a great skill just like juggernaut.

But its needed on few players.

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

Ha, I think I had this thought about 5 years ago, so it must be a good one!

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
Khar-peth
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Khar-peth »

nice addition, Grab as is seems a little weak

Jip
Super Star
Super Star

Post by Jip »

I like it - what if my player with Grab gets surfed though, can I drag the surfer into the crowd with me? :lol:

Aspiring to improve on mid-table mediocrity, over in the SAWBBL.

Fancy an actual one-dayer? Check out The Coffee Cup.

Looking at attending your first tournament? Have a read of this.
Tripleskull
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by Tripleskull »

stowelly wrote:Grab (Strength) A player with this skill uses his great strength and prowess to grab his opponent and throw him around. To represent this, only while making a Block Action, if his block results in a push back he may choose any empty square adjacent to his opponent to push back his opponent. When making a Block or Blitz Action, Grab and Side Step will cancel each other out and the standard pushback rules apply. Grab will not work if there are no empty adjacent squares. A player with the Grab skill can never learn or gain the Frenzy skill through any means. Likewise, a player with the Frenzy skill can never learn or gain the Grab skill through any means. in addition, when the player with this skill is being blocked and is pushed back he can choose to force the blocking player to follow up

hardly rule breaking, but would be useful for a sweeper to stop someone who just needs a push to score, and maybe forcing a player surfing you onto the sideline
I would like to see a -1 MA for dodging from a tz of a player with grab but your idea could work too.

dreamscreator
Star Player
Star Player

Post by dreamscreator »

I like it.

Grab is usually for Big Guys, and it's not very common they are pushed, so it's not a breaking rule.

Champion: Chimera Cup '17, Coffee Cup '18, Manticore Mug '18, Lucentum Twinbowl '20, Squig Trophy II '20, No me toques los Gnoblars '21
Stunty Cup: Exebowl '14; Bubba Bowl '17; OlletaBowl '20
stowelly
Veteran
Veteran

Post by stowelly »

Jip wrote:I like it - what if my player with Grab gets surfed though, can I drag the surfer into the crowd with me? :lol:

haha, well you would be pulling them onto the sideline. so its definitely useful :D