Trading Players in a League

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

BPGreenman
Rookie
Rookie

Trading Players in a League

Post by BPGreenman »

Hi Chaps,

Just wondered if anyone has any experience trading / selling players between teams, and between races?
It's something I'm looking into for our next Season.

This is what I'm mulling over:

Buying Players from another Team
- Only Players with at least 6 SPP can be traded [*to stop position farming].
- The Player's cost is equal to it's value [unless two coaches agree otherwise, e.g. bartering over an injured player].
- All trades are subject to a $20,000 fee [this money does not go to the original team].
- A Player can only be traded once per League Round / Week.
- A Player from a different race to it's new team will gain the "Traded" skill-note, granting it Loner [e.g. a Gutter Runner playing for a Dwarf team would have Loner]. The "Traded" skill-note will go away when the Player next advances [the player earns the team's respect].

Any thoughts??

Reason: ''
CyberedElf
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Trading Players in a League

Post by CyberedElf »

I highly recommend against trading players to teams on which they can't play normally. Maybe some small leniency for Thrall <=> Hobgoblin and others that have exact same base. Allowing coaches to build teams from any race can get very broken. At that point, what is the purpose of a race?

Another thought is a pool of fired players. Since my first suggestion drastically limits availability, I'll suggest something that will increase it (over time). Fired players hang around. They can be picked up as free agents. Price on these would be nonnegotiable. Maybe the original team would get a small kickback, maybe not. This requires extra administrative work.

Reason: ''