New skills you would add?

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

fidius
Experienced
Experienced

Re: New skills you would add?

Post by fidius »

Darkson wrote:Whoops, meant to say it counts as the teams hand-off for the turn (so can't be used if someone has already used the hand-off). That's what happens when you're typing on the fly while trying to talk to your gas company about why your bills doubled. :oops:
I like the Snatch concept but it might belong in the Core Rules instead of as a skill. Plus limit it to friendlies-only -- we do have Strip Ball already.

So the Handoff play becomes Handoff/Snatch and can be initiated by either the ball carrier, or the receiver mid-move. What kind of impact would this have? I guess it makes chain plays slightly easier as it gives you more options...

Reason: ''
sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

I can see this thread taking off with the AOS rules just been announced :)

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
fidius
Experienced
Experienced

Post by fidius »

Spikes (M): When this player is blocking or blocked, on a Both Down result the opposing player receives a Stab as per the Stab skill, with no modifiers. If the Stab fails, resolve the results of the block as normal.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

We had a version of Spike in our ARBBL goes Chaos rules:
Spikes: The player looks is covered in long, sharp quills. Add +1 to the players AV value. Whenever this player causes an opponent to be knocked down during a block, add 1 to the AV roll (can be combined with Mighty Blow and Claw). However, whenever this player is knocked down, they must add +1 to the AV roll against them.
(We had a different version of Claw though.)

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

I do prefer it as an additional effect to attacker down - would just have it as if the armour doesn't break the defender may make a second unmodified armour roll. But I can see why you would prefer it on both down :)

frogboy
Legend
Legend

Post by frogboy »

Inspired by Age of Sigmar...

WAAAAAGH Any Orc team coach who shouts WAAAAAGH, at the start of their turn may re-roll all failed GFIs.

Guard Spam Any Dwarf Coach who can grow a full beard may give all his players free guard skill.

The Truffle Shuffle Any Coach who successfully performs the Truffle Shuffle mid game may remove one player from the opponents roster and leave it in the dead and injured box. in addition if you can convince your opponent or any other coach at the venue to join in you automatically win the game 3-0 3-0 and may retire to the bar

:orc:

I'm a British Freebooter, will play for any team including Undead (I have my own Apothecary). Good rates.