ARBBLRB

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Hitonagashi
Star Player
Star Player

Re: ARBBLRB

Post by Hitonagashi »

Goblin with ST 3? Do a nobbla and drop him to ST2 dodge...and don't let Orcs have him :D. Orcs are too good as it is without a 3+ dodge to stab a wood-elf/skink etc carrier regardless of TZ...

Reason: ''
Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Urgh - brain fart moment - to much speed typing. Of course it's ST2 Dodge. :oops:

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
Hitonagashi
Star Player
Star Player

Post by Hitonagashi »

I still think he's too good for orcs to have. Stunty stab blitzes shouldn't be an option for them.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Something else that popped into my head whilst trying not to laugh at another cupcake thread.

Scatters from an inaccurate pass is changed, so that Quick and Short Passes scatter twice, Long passes scatter the normal 3 times, and Long Bombs scatter 4 times.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
garion
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by garion »

Darkson wrote:It's meant to be the first way Hito mentioned but:

a) I knew what I meant, which is not always the best way to explain things
b) I was typing in a hurry, and jumping around my post
c) I need a clear way to explain it!
What about wording it something like this -

Guard gives adds +1 St when working out assists for the player Blocking even when the Guard player is in an opponent's tackle-zone. When being Blocked a Guard assist subtracts -1st from the Blocking player even when the player with Guard is in an opponents tackle-zone.

I think thats what you mean? Obviously it could be worded better but I think that is right?

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Goblin killa plays for goblins only - fluufy for Orcs, but as said, they don't need it.

Still thininking on the Guard wording.

Flame War Dwarf roster:

0-4 Longbeards - as current
0-2 Blitzers - as current
0-2 Runners - as current
0-2 Slayers - Block removed, replaced with Juggernaut
0-12 Linemen 5/3/2/9 Wrestle, Thick Skull GS/PA (price - errr....)

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Darkson wrote:Ogres: Ogres cost reduced by 10K, Snots MA6 for free
More and more not convinced with this - the Ogre cost reduction I'm happy with, but I'm moving away from the MA6 Snotlings - just seems "wrong".

(And they're not sotlings anymore, they're Gnoblars. :P ).

Actually...

0-2/4 Snotlings added to the goblin team - hmmm....

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

On skills, more thoughts.

Skills 1 & 2 cost normal (though remember I will be using the "trait" rule as posted in the OP)
Skills 3, 4 & 5 have an additional 10K "surcharge"
Skill 6 has an additional 20K "surcharge"

So if a goblin took Catch, as either it's first or 2nd skill it will cost 20K, as it's 3rd, 4th or 5th skill it would cost 30K and as it's 6th skill, it would cost 40K.

This will penalise min/maxing, as 6 skills spread over 6 players (or 3 2-skill players) will cos less than having 5 unskilled and an uber-player. Although I don't find this a problem in our TT games, always a good idea to have the barriers in place (also is a soft nerf to CLAWPOMB).

garion

Post by garion »

Darkson wrote:On skills, more thoughts.

Skills 1 & 2 cost normal (though remember I will be using the "trait" rule as posted in the OP)
Skills 3, 4 & 5 have an additional 10K "surcharge"
Skill 6 has an additional 20K "surcharge"

So if a goblin took Catch, as either it's first or 2nd skill it will cost 20K, as it's 3rd, 4th or 5th skill it would cost 30K and as it's 6th skill, it would cost 40K.

This will penalise min/maxing, as 6 skills spread over 6 players (or 3 2-skill players) will cos less than having 5 unskilled and an uber-player. Although I don't find this a problem in our TT games, always a good idea to have the barriers in place (also is a soft nerf to CLAWPOMB).
Same as my rules again :D

if your not careful your rules are going to look very similar to mine ;)

what are your thoughts on bringing back the extra skill again?

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

Tbh, I'm easy come, easy go - I think I had one player ever make it to 7 skills in all the BB formats I played, so it's not as if it's something I ever really missed. Add in that our league only ever plays short seasons (probably never more than 15 games before play-offs), and although we allow it, we've never had anyone roll over a team, it's not something I'd ever expect to come up.

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

From a Danton post on the Cyanide forum:

DE Assassin 7/2/4/7 - hmmm......

Shteve0
Legend
Legend

ARBBLRB

Post by Shteve0 »

Darkson wrote:Goblin killa plays for goblins only - fluufy for Orcs, but as said, they don't need it.

Still thininking on the Guard wording.

Flame War Dwarf roster:

0-4 Longbeards - as current
0-2 Blitzers - as current
0-2 Runners - as current
0-2 Slayers - Block removed, replaced with Juggernaut
0-12 Linemen 5/3/2/9 Wrestle, Thick Skull GS/PA (price - errr....)
0-12 Dwarf Rookie 4328 Block, Stunty, Thick Skull G/SPA 50k

League and tournament hosting, blogging and individual forums - all totally free. For the most immersive tabletop sports community experience around, check out theendzone.co
gandresch
Experienced
Experienced

Post by gandresch »

The dwarf roster is difficult to change. If you take away Tackle the team has a hard time to defend against tons-of-Dodge-teams like elves and so on where it has been one of their best weapons until now. The change Block->Wrestle on the Slayers is a good one, making the Beards limited in number isn't.
Perhaps an additional position might be good. Some faster player (ma5 oder 6) with av8 and perhaps Diving Catch, 0-2... This will lead to less Beards on the pitch during the offense and makes the team more variable facing different opponents.

Guard:
I think that the current Guard skill is way too good (some others are, too, but here it's about this one alone) and should be somehow negatable. There are two options to face the problem:
1. You limit the effect of the skill itself. Perhaps it only works if the player is in less than 3 opposing TZ or it only works on blocks for (active) players who are adjacent to their teammate, so that the Guard player has to be positioned different.
2. There is a skill that cancels Guard. I would propose a passing skill that works on 2+ to negate all adjacent Guard skills of the opposing team.

gan

Ps: I don't like the idea of traits or "more expensive skills"

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

gandresch wrote:Ps: I don't like the idea of traits or "more expensive skills"
That's ok, I know these rules won't appeal to many, if any, outside our group.
Of course, if I win the lottery and buy the BB IP off GW, you'll have to learn to like it. ;)

Fom the other thread, I (re-)introduce Black or "Proper Chaos" Dwarfs:

0-12;Black Dwarf 60k 5/3/2/9 Block, Thick Skull GS/APM
0-2 Thrower 80k 5/3/3/8 Pass, Sure Hands, Thick Skull GP/ASM
0-2 Blitzer 100k 6/3/3/9 Block, Strip Ball, Thick Skull GS/APM
0-2 Boar Centaur 90k 6/3/2/9 Sure Feet, Sprint, Break Tackle, Thick Skull GS/APM
0-1 Big Guy from Ogre, Troll or Minotaur

Reroll 60K

Stars would be Flint, Zzharg, Boomer, Morg and 2 others - probably Chaos Stars.

Pricings may need looking at, as these were designed for a LRB4-era league (and the Boar Centaur had a MBBL2-only skill, that I've swapped for BT).

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

And I'd bring back the Runesmith (and Black Runesmith for above).