New ideas for consideration

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

Zoli
Rookie
Rookie

New ideas for consideration

Post by Zoli »

I hope the current developers read this forum and could benefit some of these. Otherwise they could be good house rules.

Stab should be a general skill.

CAS from secret weapons and fouling should be awarded with SPPs. I think fouling is penalized enough with the rule it cannot be rerolled.

Dark Elf runners should have MA 8 and shouldn’t have Passing from their normal skill cathegory. This way they would be really runners and not throwers with higher MA. Otherwise the lines related to running game should be changed. But at least a sprint skill should be added.
Dark Elf assassins should have AV 8 without cost increase.

Human, Skaven blitzers and Wights are too expensive with 90.000 gps. Compare Elf blitzers with AG 4 costs 100.000 gps! Orc blitzers with the same value than humans costs 80.000 gps. These blitzers should worth of 80.000 gps or the orcs shall have 90.000 gps, too, and elfs 110.000 gps.

I think the Loner skill is not needed for the big guys. However it is not a big thing. Actually I think even 2 big guys may be allowed.

Big hand, two heads and extra arms mutations should add +2 to their relevant rolls instead of the usually +1. A skill is not worth to get for a +1 modifier.

The Dirty Player and Pro skills may be also in the Agility cathegory in the favor of the stunty players.

I suggest new players. The chaos and the chaos pact teams are too weak winning the games. So I suggest a chaos mutant to their team list. Clever coaches may choose mutations to win.
0-2 chaos mutant 6 3 3 8, 3 mutations at will. Costs 100.000 gps.

Skavens are not bad however they may get mutants, too:
0-1 skaven mutant 7 3 3 7, 2 mutations at will. Costs 90.000 gps.

Skavens in the WF have assassins. So why not in BB?
0-2 Skaven assassin 7 3 3 7 Shadowing, Stab. Costs 70.000 gps.

For fun little zombies from stuntied players.
0-4 little zombie 4 2 2 7, Regenerate. Costs 20.000 gps.

Halfling kitchen boys:
Armed with a frying-pan. May be used similarly like the stab skill but with -1 to the armor roll and they get +1 to interceptions however they just hit away the ball and not catch it. With a successful interception roll it scatters three times from the square of the kitchen boy and they get no spp's.
0-3 Kithchen boy 5 2 3 6, Dodge, Stunty, Frying-Pan. Costs 40.000 gps.

Goblin deathroller:
Similar like the dwarf version, -1 ST but +1 MA and Frenzy. Costs 160.000 gps. It might be purchased instead of a troll.

Humans have nothing special they need something. For example secret magic users. Their Shock ability works the same like the Stab.
0-2 Magic User 6 3 3 8 Hypnotic Gaze, Shock. They may get any skill except mutations. Costs 80.000 gps.
From the same reasons, human chainsawers may be added.
0-1 Human chainsawer 6 3 3 8 Chainsaw, Secret Weapon. Costs 50.000 gps.
I would like to see chainsaw in orc, hobgoblin, dwarf hands, too!

New secret weapon: blowpipe.
To shot the player have to make a successful passing roll. Quick and Short ranges may be used. If hits roll armor and damage but the player falls only if the armor roll penetrates. On a roll of 1 the shot hits someone from his own team if there are players under the passing template. Roll randomly if there are more. If there are noone nothing special happens. I think the players don’t need the secret weapon ability. Tests needed.
Teams:
0-1 Human assassin 6 3 3 8 Shadowing, Blowpipe. Costs 80.000 gps.
0-1 Skink monkey hunter 8 2 3 7 Dodge, Stunty, Blowpipe. Costs 80.000 gps.
0-1 Amazon jungle fighter 6 3 3 7 Dodge, Blowpipe. Costs 70.000 gps
0-1 Goblin monkey hunter 6 2 3 7 Dodge, Stunty, Blowpipe. Costs 60.000 gps.

Spike: I think this skill may be used if it would add +2 to the armor value (but max 10). Adding +1 to the armor simply doesn’t worth a skill. The armor increase from star player rolls should be +2, too.

Apothecary. I think they should be used any time after an injury. The word ’immediately’ in the description suggests they can be used only right after the casualty. In the case of a death it is logical. Otherwise not. Just an idea, the death result on the casualty table may be divided between death and dying results. The death cannot be healed only the dying. But the regenerate skill can be used in both cases.

I see the Bloodbowl game causes many good and bad feelings in coaches during the match. To reduce bad feelings I suggest a rule the rescue action. It means if the turn of the moving team ends because of a bad roll the coach may make a rescue action. This may be only with one player who is able to make an action in that turn and this may be only a move action. But the moving player cannot pick up the ball (thus scoring a TD). The idea behind the rule is after a bad roll the coach have bad feelings. But if he has a chance to correct the mistake a bit he concentrates on it and not the unlucky rolls. I didn’t tested this rule yet.

I wish lucky rolls!

Reason: ''
PubBowler
Legend
Legend

Re: New ideas for consideration

Post by PubBowler »

A lot of these seem bizarre.
So i will concentrate on the ones I think are clearly a bad idea.
Zoli wrote: Stab should be a general skill.
This would then become a top skill choice for 3 players on every team.
Stab every LOS guy before blocking them away.

Pretty good pick for caging teams to stop the swamp attack nof low AV teams as well.

This is very unbalancing.
Zoli wrote: I think the Loner skill is not needed for the big guys. However it is not a big thing. Actually I think even 2 big guys may be allowed.
The difference in ability between Loner Trees and Non-Loner Trees is massive.
If you have a more mobile blitzer type big guy (Mino, Snow Troll) they could blitz every turn without risk.
Very unbalancing.
And two big guys, with or without loner would be unacceptable for most Tier 1 teams.
Zoli wrote: Skavens in the WF have assassins. So why not in BB?
0-2 Skaven assassin 7 3 3 7 Shadowing, Stab. Costs 70.000 gps.
BB is close to the WFB universe buit not the same.
It's background comes from 2nd edition BB with add ons.
I see no advantage in a drive to change this.
Not least as WFB is updated with every army book while LRB6 might be the last update for BB.

In additon, Skaven have a star assasin.
As well as there being chainsw stars for most of the races you mentioned.
Zoli wrote: Spike: I think this skill may be used if it would add +2 to the armor value (but max 10). Adding +1 to the armor simply doesn’t worth a skill. The armor increase from star player rolls should be +2, too.
You want to bring back this skill, making it twice as effective.
Making every beastman, Rotter and Pestigor AV10 as a 1st skill pick.
I don't think this would be a good idea.

On a positive note, a lot of these ideas have been used in a less balanced, more anarchic online league: MBBL2.
Check it out for on-picth spell casters, new teams, stadium rules and many new skills.

Team Scotland Record:
EuroBowl 2009: 3-2-1

Gimmicks>Shennanigans>Everything Else
Zoli
Rookie
Rookie

Re: New ideas for consideration

Post by Zoli »

Thanks for the comment.
PubBowler wrote:A lot of these seem bizarre.
Matter of taste. I found the whole BB bizarre.
PubBowler wrote:
Zoli wrote: Stab should be a general skill.
This would then become a top skill choice for 3 players on every team.
Stab every LOS guy before blocking them away.

Pretty good pick for caging teams to stop the swamp attack nof low AV teams as well.

This is very unbalancing.
Maybe. Tests needed. In the old times there was a 1/6th chance to send off these guys, too. So there was some risk. When we tested it the stab was an addition and not even a skill. It was rare.
PubBowler wrote:
Zoli wrote: I think the Loner skill is not needed for the big guys. However it is not a big thing. Actually I think even 2 big guys may be allowed.
The difference in ability between Loner Trees and Non-Loner Trees is massive.
If you have a more mobile blitzer type big guy (Mino, Snow Troll) they could blitz every turn without risk.
Very unbalancing.
And two big guys, with or without loner would be unacceptable for most Tier 1 teams.
A team may have only one blitz action every turn.
I know exactly the difference with and without negative skills because I played a lot with and against 4 star players e.g. 4 Morg n Thorgs, Bull centaurs, vampire lords etc. 4 of them was really too much but 2 was acceptable. These stars had no negative skills, nothing loner, bonehead or such. Matter of taste. It's not a big thing anyway.
PubBowler wrote: BB is close to the WFB universe buit not the same.
It's background comes from 2nd edition BB with add ons.
So what? :D
PubBowler wrote:
Zoli wrote: Spike: I think this skill may be used if it would add +2 to the armor value (but max 10). Adding +1 to the armor simply doesn’t worth a skill. The armor increase from star player rolls should be +2, too.
You want to bring back this skill, making it twice as effective.
Making every beastman, Rotter and Pestigor AV10 as a 1st skill pick.
I don't think this would be a good idea.

I have never seen this skill in use. So nothing needed to bring back. I think there should be interesting skills because every players just get Block, Dodge, Tackle and Mighty Blow. Anyway you may get AV 10 beastmen, yes. And how will you win the game?
PubBowler wrote: On a positive note, a lot of these ideas have been used in a less balanced, more anarchic online league: MBBL2.
Check it out for on-picth spell casters, new teams, stadium rules and many new skills.

I have seen some MBBL2 team rosters and just say no thank you.
I have heard these rules some 8-10 years ago already.

We played with a lot of house rules before LRB and in our league the coaches were able to hire very versatile teams. Not just the plain boring official rules. For example they had the chance to buy more secret weapon users OR big guys (ogre, mino, etc) or other interesting players.
The current LRB has no such versatility simply because hte GW has no figures for new positions, secret weapons etc.