Declining a stat increase in favour of a skill

Got some ideas for rules? Maybe a skill change or something completely different!!! Tell us here.

Moderator: TFF Mods

ScottTBBF
Rookie
Rookie

Declining a stat increase in favour of a skill

Post by ScottTBBF »

One of the debates currently hotly running amok in our league is whether or not a player should be allowed to decline a stat increase when they roll 10 or 11 for their advance at a new level of SPPs.

We have heard rumours that at the next rules review it will be made clear in the rules that you CAN decline a stat increase in favour of taking a regular skill. As such we're considering changing this as a house rule for now...

Any insights or comments as to the pros/cons of this change would be appreciated....

Reason: ''
Deathwing
The Voice of Reason

Post by Deathwing »

Apparently this is a clarification as opposed to a change from what I can recall. I'm trying to find the relevent posts but they're buried in another thread about something else I think. I'll post a link if I can find them.
Something about a Saurus picking up +1 AG from what I remember. I'll get back on this...

Edit: here ya go...
viewtopic.php?t=692&highlight=shadowing

"Deathwing treats newcomers like sh*t"
"...the brain dead Mod.."
GalakStarscraper
Godfather of Blood Bowl

Post by GalakStarscraper »

I'd be willing to place a lot of money that the rule will be official/official in October.

It was supposed to be in the 2001 Rules Review, but no one can find an official source where it was ever printed, so its waiting until this October.

Galak

neoliminal
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Re: Declining a stat increase in favour of a skill

Post by neoliminal »

ScottTBBF wrote:Any insights or comments as to the pros/cons of this change would be appreciated....
You will be able to take any stat increase and turn it into any normal skill. It was voted up but got lost in the shuffle.