Diving Catch - Accurately passing to neighbouring square

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

howabe
Experienced
Experienced

Diving Catch - Accurately passing to neighbouring square

Post by howabe »

If you purposefully throw an accurate pass to a square adjacent to a player with Diving Catch, what modifiers are there to his catch roll?
I assume the +1 from Diving Catch is not applicable as he isn't in the targeted square. However, I'm not sure whether or not the +1 for catching an accurate pass applies or not.
Clarification appreciated.

Reason: ''
Rolex
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Re: Diving Catch - Accurately passing to neighbouring square

Post by Rolex »

CRP says:

"The player may add 1 to any catch roll from an accurate pass targeted to his square"

The anwer is in the rulebook.

howabe
Experienced
Experienced

Post by howabe »

Rolex wrote:CRP says:

"The player may add 1 to any catch roll from an accurate pass targeted to his square"

The anwer is in the rulebook.
Yeah, this was the part I said I assume does not apply.

The part in question is:
"[...]]the player can attempt to catch any pass [...] as if it had landed in his own square".

If an accurate pass lands in your square, you get +1 to the catch roll. This wording seems to imply you would also get the +1 in this case, but I was seeking confirmation.
Also, I assume no SPP is earnt for the completion, even when this is the intended receiver of the pass?

sann0638
Kommissar Enthusiasmoff

Post by sann0638 »

All correct.

NAF Ex-President
Founder of SAWBBL, Swindon and Wiltshire's BB League - find us on Facebook and Discord
NAF Data wrangler
mzukerman
Emerging Star
Emerging Star

Post by mzukerman »

howabe wrote:Also, I assume no SPP is earnt for the completion, even when this is the intended receiver of the pass?
This is something I didn't realize. I'm not sure I agree with it, although now that I look it up, I see the way the rule for gaining an SPP for a completion is supposed to work. I think that kind of a rule skews a little more towards elf and high-AG development. Inaccurate passes or ones targeted into the middle of a scrum that hopefully gets caught should get SPPs as well IMHO.

Just my 2c.

"I reserve the right to change my predictions when they are no longer true. I am The Media." ~ Snob Costas
libloodbowl on Twitter
Long Island Blood Bowl League
Empire Cup
Buggrit
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star
Ex-Mega Star, now just a Super Star

Post by Buggrit »

It stops the farming of SPPs by throwing the ball one square short (and potentially a range shorter on the distance...) catching the ball from an accurate Long Pass to a Diving Catcher instead of what would be a Long Bomb to a player without it, or more likely catching a Short Pass instead of a Long Pass.

G.W.A. NATION!
Most CAS Albion Coast Trophy 2 & 3 Stunty Cup Thrudball 2015 Wooden Spoon Crumb Bowl 2 & NAF Championship 2012

SAWBBL's Cutlery King