underworld blitzer

Don't understand a particular rule or just need to clarify something? This is the forum for you. With 2 of the BBRC members and the main LRB5/6 writer present at TFF, you're bound to get as good an answer as possible.

Moderator: TFF Mods

underworld blitzer

Poll ended at Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:35 am

claw + piling on
6%
claw + mighty blow
88%
tackle + frenzy
No votes
tackle + mighty blow
6%

Total votes: 16

jj
Experienced
Experienced

underworld blitzer

Post by jj »

what is the best option for this blitzer?
i have one wrestle lineman left in the team.
thnx.

first poll so hope i did everything right... :oops:

so 6 games tournament :
troll
blitzer guard
thrower block
thrower
line wrestle
line
gobo two heads
gobo two heads
gobo horns
gobo
gobo
nobbla

and the one blitzer above
hope this clarifies a little

Reason: ''
http://naf-id.appspot.com/naf_id/nafRaceId?r=cd&n=10488
lunchmoney
Legend
Legend

Re: underworld blitzer

Post by lunchmoney »

Need some context.
You mention having a linerat with Wrestle - is that the only skilled up player on the team?
What other players do you have?
What teams are you likely to be facing?
How many games is this team likely to play?

Hired Goon for the NAF (rep for South West England)
lunchmoneybb@gmail.com

TOs! You do not need multiple copies of rosters. It's a waste of paper.
Bribe level: good coffee.
#FlingNation find me on page 95
Chris
Legend
Legend

Post by Chris »

Are you allowed to put guard on the troll instead of the blitzer? Do you expect to play armour heavy teams?

Darkson
Da Spammer

Post by Darkson »

I assume the rules of the tournament allow skill stacking, as many don't.

Currently an ex-Blood Bowl coach, most likely to be found dying to Armoured Skeletons in the frozen ruins of Felstad, or bleeding into the arena sands of Rome or burning rubber for Mars' entertainment.
jj
Experienced
Experienced

Post by jj »

i can put guard on the troll, stacking allowed.
1 skill = 1 point
2 skills = 3points
underworld have 9 points to spent.

Smeborg
Legend
Legend

Post by Smeborg »

jj - I think it is much more important to skill up the Skaven players before worrying abou the Gobbos. Perhaps:

Troll: Claw, Guard
Both Blitzers: Guard
Both Throwers: Block
Both Linerats: Wrestle

You also have the option of giving Leader to one of the Throwers is RRs are an issue (I can't tell from what you post).

The Troll is not great, you could consider giving him no skills, allowing 3 Gobbos to take 2-Heads (but only if all Skaven players have at least 1 skill each).

The best value Star Player on the Underworld team is Skitter - take him if you can afford to. I would say Fezglitch is better than Nobbla (but rostered Gobbos and/or Apoth and/or RRs are better than either Nobbla or Fezglitch.

13 players is light, 14 would be better.

Hope that helps.

Smeborg the Fleshless
jj
Experienced
Experienced

Post by jj »

i take no skills on the troll because i know myself, i like throwing one's especially with big guys :lol: he's just a road block and occasionally hitting something.
so i prefer to blitz with a blitzer just to be sure to blitz. hence the poll. claw + mb is good against high armor but what about those bloody blodgers?

looked at skitter and indeed he could be used to stab them blodgers.

a wrestle lino could help too.
I like the two headed gobo's because they can go wherever i like them to go without too much risk of failure...

i have 3 rr's and 1 apo...

like the idea of skitter.....

thx for the advice

babass
Super Star
Super Star

Post by babass »

Thé best for UW is tout have both Skitter AND Fetglitz.

Glowworm

Post by Glowworm »

babass wrote:Thé best for UW is tout have both Skitter AND Fetglitz.
Nope, skitter and Glart if you can squeeze them in... :D

S4 Block / Claw / Juggs is a great combo and no Secret weapon to get him thrown out!!

Arioso
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Arioso »

In my expierience with 9 skills and underworld you are more than competetive. I won't Skillstack.

with the troll i have the same expieriences as you do - i tried tournaments with block, with claw - both doesnt fit my playstyle. i am giving him guard all the time now which works best for me.
You will need at least 2 Guard in the Team so Guard on the 1st Blitzer is a must (if you are allowed doubles than always put guard on a goblin - very mobile and helpful all the way on the field)

If you are allowed starplayers take skitter. The difference with or without skitter in the team is huge. if you can fit in glart too, drop a thrower if you must (you need only one anyway). If no Starplayers are allowed go for 14 player-roster with all positionals.
Dont take Fezglitch - he is good on paper but not good on the board (good opponents will -2d or 1d block him out fast), even the Bomber is better on the field than Fezglitch - i'd save that money for an RR or more players
For the rest of the skills - i always took wrestle on a linerat and tackle on the other
2nd Blitzer is difficult - i tried a 3rd guard which helps a lot, i tried MB too, in my opinion Guard is slightly better. I won't go for claw (you will never go for block-wars with underworld, you will simply lose them) - but MB can be a choice here. If you dont take tackle on the linerat, take it here. You will miss tackle if you dont have it and you are ending up haveing problems with matchups like goblins and halflings.

All and every skills left go on the goblins - this is what your team wants and needs. take one with horns and all the other skills you have left: Two Heads on Goblins the more the better (mostly youll end up with 2 or 3) - the Two-Headed Goblins are as important as skitter is.

I personally dont give any skills to the thrower (i even think you can drop one) - only skill for them would be leader, if needed. You should aim for 3 RR (with leader)

Still there will be very bad matchups (nearly every elf-matchup) and good ones (every slow team) and you shouldn't expect to win tournaments with them^^ they are a lot of fun though